Shogun Live From The Emerald

Shogun

Enjoying your posts!

Had a co-worker who did the Western Caribbean last week on Carnival....said between the high winds & seas they had a couple of rough days and missed ports.:(

Just hope that you are having a good time in spite of it all! Look forward to hearing more about your cruise,:D

The CD Niel--what's his last name--from England ??--If he's the one I'm thinking about he was going to leave Princess a few months ago and live in London--Wish I could think of his last name--He gave us a very party on the TP--sailaway from Bora Bora--he proved to us--not to ask for favors--then they will come your way--we asked him to come by and say hello --instead he provided everything from shrimp etc to Champagne for all !!

Okay I wish I could remember his last name--from the UK--was getting married toward the end of '07--have sailed with him at least 3 times

He's thin==wears some chicken hat when calling Bingo

This is driving me crazy--Anyone know who this Niel is ???

Nancy:D

Niel Chandler was the CD on the Tahitian Princess. He got off when we got off. July 20th. I asked him where he would be on his next assignment. He was unsure. He told me that he thought he might be on vacation for 6 to 8 weeks then return to another ship. He said he was trying to get back to the Dawn as it was his favorite ship. I will be on the Dawn next week and am disapointed that he will not be. He was the best CD that we have ever had on a cruise. Very nice guy. Always went out of his way to meet and tlk to different people. I had an incident where somehow, 1900 pictures from our trip got deleted from our memory card. He got very involved in trying to help me recover them. He was extremely helpful. Unfortunately, with no success. But the fact that he took the time and effort that he did scored him major points. and yes, he could often be found in a chicken suit. Bingo with him and his assistant was a blast.

Shogun, Im glad that you have been able to still enjoy your vacation despite the problems that you have had with your luggage. Ive really enjoyed reading all of your posts. Thank you for taking the time to write them. Could I ask a favor? Could you find out and let me know how much longer Niel Chandler will be on th emerald? and if he knows where he will be next? Id really like to book my next cruise on "his" ship. He is a lot of fun. Thanks again for all of the play by play.

Reguards

cruze610

Hello Shogun,

Others got to you first about PSD, Passenger Services Director. We met Jim during our meet and greet - we were on the 12-16 eastern caribbean voyager. We then chatted with Jim for a over a half hour on the Dock in one of the ports. Please give jim our regards from the Sarnoffs. Like others on this thread, we would not recommend the emerald but certainly would recommend Princess. We have three more trips scheduled with a fourth having a deposit.

Hope you eventually find your luggage,

Michael

Thanks for your honest reports, Shogun. I have enjoyed them greatly and learned a lot. You look after the ship as I will be getting on when you get off on the 15th.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Come join our roll call we have a great group going and many different activities planned on board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=398250&page=84

Shogun, Im glad that you have been able to still enjoy your vacation despite the problems that you have had with your luggage. Ive really enjoyed reading all of your posts. Thank you for taking the time to write them. Could I ask a favor? Could you find out and let me know how much longer Niel Chandler will be on th emerald? and if he knows where he will be next? Id really like to book my next cruise on "his" ship. He is a lot of fun. Thanks again for all of the play by play.

Reguards

cruze610

You're right--he's the greatest CD--would also like to meet up with him again--I wonder if he did get married---maybe something happened to that--because he was going to stay in London when he got married..

Nancy:D

Hi

From what I heard at our CC Meeting on the Dec 6-16 cruise, Neil is getting married on July 6 and I thought I heard that his fiancee was due to board the Emerald on Dec.16. HOWEVER, can't verify that. Can anyone else help me out? MyCruz??? We did get a picture of him and I got a picture with me with him-but the camera malfunctioned and we're missing our heads!! Neil is really a nice guy!

Lynne

Sorry Lynne can't help you out with the engagement of Neil. That conversation must have happened before I found my way to Adagio the last day. Yes, the last day and I was still having navigation issues! Has anyone mentioned yet the Emerald is big?!!;)

Sorry your picture didn't come out.

Hi Folks,

Well we ate at Sabatinis tonight at the ships cost,

we were out in half the time of last week, not that we got better treatment that others there, its just ran the way it should have been last week. The other couples that came in at the same time finished around the same time as us.

Food was as good as ever, so on this I would say I would go back, but not on this cruise, as I would not be able to get in to my clothes for the flight home.

The free bottle of sparking stuff from Neil was nice, he did leave a message to say he would visit us, but I assume work got in the way as he did not meet us.

Weather was nice, again hot, three ships in port today, but St John did not look over crowded. Took a have day tour around the island and stopped at Nelsons dockyard for $50 it was worth the cost.

See you all soon

yours Shogun

Hi Folks,

Well we ate at Sabatinis tonight at the ships cost,

we were out in half the time of last week, not that we got better treatment that others there, its just ran the way it should have been last week. The other couples that came in at the same time finished around the same time as us.

Food was as good as ever, so on this I would say I would go back, but not on this cruise, as I would not be able to get in to my clothes for the flight home.

The free bottle of sparking stuff from Neil was nice, he did leave a message to say he would visit us, but I assume work got in the way as he did not meet us.

Weather was nice, again hot, three ships in port today, but St John did not look over crowded. Took a have day tour around the island and stopped at Nelsons dockyard for $50 it was worth the cost.

See you all soon

yours Shogun

From what you have told us Shogun you might as well eat at Sabatini's again.....you have NO clothes to worry about getting into! Seriously, I hope your cruise is going well. I am enjoying your updates. I will wave as you are getting off the Emerald and I am getting on.

So glad to hear you had a good dinner experience on Princess. Perhaps Neil misjudged how long you would be in Sabatini's and missed you because you finished in a normal amount of time!

I am also going to worry about fitting into my clothes after this cruise coming up. 14 days on the Sea Princess, I'm sure to pack some loose fitting sweat pants for the flight home:)

Were you at Crown or Havensight?

Shogun has not made it to St. Thomas yet on the second half of his B2B. They will be there this coming Saturday.

On the first half, he (we) docked at Crown Bay.

Shogun - enjoy reading your posts. We will be on the Emerald Jan. 25th.

I am wondering if Brett Cave (Piano Man from England) is playing at the Crooners bar? We enjoyed him last winter on the Crown and I think he said he would be on the Emerald this winter. Thank you. Enjoy your cruise.

Hi Folks,

Sorry was just testing you, today we were in St Lucia,

Made a mistake and picked wrong tour,

Now if you pick an all day beech tour and its bad weather, jump on a bus get a taxi, go to the shops sit in hotel right, but what if it is a remote beech that you got to by boat and the boat does not come back for 6 hours, and the only thing there is black sand, with rocks and a rough sea, clouds and rain on the way, well if you scuba you do not care if you do not you think why did I pick this tour.

Now other half was looking forward to shops at quay side but we docked at container bit on other side of port, because two other ships in and QM2 was tendering as well from outside port, now you try telling the other half that you did not plan this just to keep her away from the shops, eg no shops on beech, no way back from beech, docked at wrong side and not enough time to taxi around port.

some times you just can not win, where is she just now, up in the onboard shops,

yours Shogun

Well plan almost worked to save my credit card.from getting a hammering

Shogun,

Next time in St. Lucia, go on a tour with Cosol. You won't be sorry. Not much shopping, but the best island tour. I would go again in a heart beat.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise. We will enjoy the Emerald again in February.

Archived