Wii?

lola4795

They had it in the teen center on regular TV and in the main reception area on a tremendous screen. There were times posted on the daily schedule usually 12:00pm to 2:00pm to sign up and play with no charge.

They also have the Wii's in the kid's clubs on the newer ships. It is absolutely the worst idea I have ever heard of. Absolutely terrible! We go on this cruise, returned a couple of weeks ago from the Pearl right before Christmas, and now all the kids can talk about is Wii this, Wii that (especially d/h the biggest kid) and of course they are out of stock at all of the normal stores. So of course because I am SUPERMOM, I am tasked with the quest for Wii.

Finally after selling my soul to the Ebay Gods, I landed a Wii with 14 games and 4 remotes. I tell you, run for your life, just say no to Wii, once it gets a hold of you, you are powerless to stop the chain of events that are certain to follow. May as well, just cancel the cruise and take all the money you would have spent and go out and get yourself a Wii and all the associated accoutrement.

No seriously though, I hate videogames, in my opinion they are the scourge of all mankind, I always felt they were idiot boxes that took kid's away from their parents and took parent's away from their kids. But in fairness, the Wii is a hoot. I played boxing, golf, tennis, bowling, baseball, with my kids tonight and not only are my muscles sore, at times I was soaked in sweat and out of breath, this is not your father's videogame! It is highly physical, and a great way to spend time with your family, Who'd thunk I could throw a 94 mph fastball?

I am warning you, you'll want one of these things lol. Oh and FYI, they have a workout program too for those of who took a few too many trips to the chocoholic buffet.

We didn't have our Wii when we sailed the Pearl last May, and we didn't try it onboard at all. It was fun, however, to watch the tournaments on the giant 2 floor high screen in the atrium!

I don't remember seeing anything other than the tennis, bowling, and baseball that are part of the Wii sports package -- but I honestly don't know if I would have known what the different games were at that point in time. I'm pretty sure, by the way, that there was no cost. I think you showed up, signed up for the tournament, and that was it.

I have an injured shoulder. my wife got me a wii for exercise...I managed to aggravate the injury wii bowling...how sad is that

I can totally relate...I developed tennis elbow the week after we got ours!:D It is an amazingly different video gaming system...even DW will play!

Does anyone know if the Wii is open when the ship is in port? There's one port I'm thinking maybe not getting off for, so it would be fun to play in a wii tournament.

It would be helpful if you said what ship you are taking. I know the Pearl was about the same time every afternoon and I don't remember it being any longer than 90 mins. If I ever get my luggage back that has my dailies I would be able to answer with exact times.

They have had news stories since Christmas down here, about people breaking their big, brand new, television sets with those things. Do ya' think they'd make us pay for it if we broke that big one on the ship?:confused: :eek:

They have had news stories since Christmas down here, about people breaking their big, brand new, television sets with those things. Do ya' think they'd make us pay for it if we broke that big one on the ship?:confused: :eek:

Well, I seem to remember reading that the big screen on the Pearl cost in excess of $1,000,000. Does that count for bonus points on my NCL cruise card? :D

I wonder if we could bring one of our wii games? The sports package is lots of fun (and tiring - just try the boxing!!!). I think it would be totally cool if there was a guitar hero III tournie. My boys would be first to sign up! I, myself am a Zelda fan :)

It would be helpful if you said what ship you are taking. I know the Pearl was about the same time every afternoon and I don't remember it being any longer than 90 mins. If I ever get my luggage back that has my dailies I would be able to answer with exact times.

Woops, sorry. I'm thinking of the Gem, the one that sails to the Bahamas. I'm so excited to go on the cruise that I forget that there are other ships that are a part of NCL :o

And if it matters, I'm considering not getting off at Port Canaveral, not really much to do there that's for my taste.

Well, I seem to remember reading that the big screen on the Pearl cost in excess of $1,000,000. Does that count for bonus points on my NCL cruise card? :D

You could end up with a lot of cruises after paying that :D ! Hope it doesn't exceed your credit limit:eek: .....and isn't there a yearly maximum for bonus points:mad: (but I digress - isn't there a Sticky FAQ Board just for this:D ).

You could end up with a lot of cruises after paying that :D ! Hope it doesn't exceed your credit limit:eek: .....and isn't there a yearly maximum for bonus points:mad: (but I digress - isn't there a Sticky FAQ Board just for this:D ).

LOL! Yeah, it would definitely exceed my credit limit by a bit.... and I'm pretty sure it exceeds that maximum annual point total.

nyflush -- I think your idea is a great one. Especially given the small size of the Wii console, if I had teens traveling with me, I think I'd plan on taking my own along.

We got ours for Christmas :D . Is there a Wii board for Wii addicts like there is for those of us addicted to cruising?

There are a ton of those out there too!

DH and I have played video games for many years. I still have my Coleco Vision packed away, but the original Atari is long gone. Still have a bunch of other old systems too.

We would play video games together over the phone when he lived in TX and I was in MA. We had one heck of a phone bill back then. None of this all distance service we have now.

I think we're going to have to get one of these. :D

Archived