Ft. Lauderdale Hampton Inn question

Southwest

I'll be staying in Ft. Lauderdale the night before my cruise this winter. I'm going to stay at one of two Hampton Inns. Either the one called "Plantation" located on 6th Street in Plantation Florida or the one that is the "Airport North" location on 12th Avenue. I would appreciate some information so that I can make up my mind between these 2 options. If you have stayed at one of these hotels, I'd appreciate the following info:

- Are there restaurants within walking distance of the hotel? Any info about type of restaurant, (chain, diner, fast food, expensive, etc.) would be helpful.

-Is there a liquor store within walking distance of the hotel?

-How was the shuttle service? Was it prompt or did you have to wait a while? Was it "first come first served' in the AM to the port, or did they schedule times for you the night before?

-If there is other info you'd like to share, add that too.

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

I live here.

The plantation hotel is in a much better area, newer and within walking distance to Olive Garden, a Japanese restaurant, Smokey Bones BBQ restaurant and Padrino's, a cuban place. Also a shopping strip mall type place, no liquor store that I can think of though, but lots of other shops, about 25 or so.

The Airport north is much closer to the airport, about 5 minutes, versus 15 or more for the other. The area is industrial, not a bad neighborhood, just not as nice as the residential neighborhood the other hotel in is. Nothing to walk to, but they have a free shuttle to a few nearby restaurants. One German, one seafood, one bar and grill and one BBQ. I called them for you! Just a local call for me!

Good Luck

Pennstategal

I've stayed at Hampton Inn North a couple of times. They have a shuttle that will take you over to Las Olas Boulevard or you can take a cab - it's not too far. Las Olas is very nice and has several restaurants. There is a Cheesecake Factory, Mangos and a very nice french restaurant as well. They also have shuttle service to the pier and from the airport.

We have stayed at the Plantation location and we hoped to do so again this coming January but could not get a reservation.

They have a nice complimentary breakfast, the shuttle to/from airport and cruiseport is free. You must make your reservation for the cruise port shuttle the evening before.

Archived