Helsinki Tram 3T and 3B

Mrs007

Can anyone tell me about the Trams in Helsinki? Am I correct that the 3T and the 3B take the same route only in opposite directions? I am just wondering if we take the 3T to Temppeliaukio Church and Sibelius Monument we can catch the 3B back so we can take the ferry over to Suomenlinna?

Thanks for any insight!

Can anyone tell me about the Trams in Helsinki? Am I correct that the 3T and the 3B take the same route only in opposite directions? I am just wondering if we take the 3T to Temppeliaukio Church and Sibelius Monument we can catch the 3B back so we can take the ferry over to Suomenlinna?

Thanks for any insight!

Check this link and it should give you the information you want.

http://www.hel.fi/wps/wcm/resources/file/eb950102caf5a17/3T_english_2007_net.pdf

Eileen

We ordered the 24-hour Helsinki Card and it included a tour on the hop-on/off bus/tram which stopped at the Rock Church and the Siblius Monument.

After the bus tour, we walked down the esplande about a block and we caught the ferry to Suomenlinna, which was a really neat area to wander around in. There was a German submarine there which you could go into.

The Helsinki card covered all entrances and transportation.

There was an open-air market place near where you caught the ferry. Had lots of hand made items, paintings, interesting souvineres from the local area.

It was a great port - have fun.

Here is a link for the Hop-on/Hop Off bus: http://www.stockholmsightseeing.com/EN/HELSINKI/hop-on-hop-off-bus-tour.htm

(The same company runs the HO-HO in Stockholm).

Keep in mind that it runs every 45 minutes while the 3T/3B runs every few minutes.

Here is a link about the 3T/3B: http://www.worldisround.com/articles/61999/index.html

Do your homework on the city cards. A day pass on the city bus and one or two entrance fees may be cheaper than a city card -- depending on what you are planning to see and do.

The open-air market is a lot of fun. Try the little fried fish.

Thanks for all the suggestions. However, now I have a couple more questions.

It looks like the Hop On/Hop Off BUS with the boat trip costs about $42 and takes a little different route than the tram.

Whereas the 1 Day Tourist ticket which lets us hop on/hop off all day on the 3T and 3B TRAMS and includes the ferry to Suomenlinna at a cost of about $9 and we can get the 3T Tram Touist Audio Guide for $6 for a total cost of $15/pp

Is the Hop On/Hop Off worth the extra money?

Archived