table for 2?

wlfarm

We request a table for two when we first book our cruise. Two of three times we got it. The third , went to maitre'd when we boarded and found we were at an 8 place, they changed it on the spot to a table for two. We always do second seating and others have said that helps.

My sister and I where assigned a table for 2 on our last cruise. We went and asked for a large table and were told no problem.

Point of the story – there were SEVERAL couples sitting in seats waiting for their name to be called for the table to 2. I would suggest getting to the DR early to get your name on the list.

Good luck

When we don't cruise with friends, we request a 2-top. We're waiting for our March cruise to see if we get it again. I take it from previous threads on this topic here on CC, there's a lot of merit to making the request as you book. Unless there's a good reason to do so, I wouldn't wait until boarding. That's your safety net just in case your booking request isn't filled. Ought to add that everything we're talking about will be handled as a "request." No promises--I get a kick out of hearing from people who are just stoked because they didn't get their request filled. Hey--sometimes the math isn't going to work in your favor.

New to RCCL. Thinking about Radiance to Alaska in June '08. Does anyone know if you can request table for 2 from maitre'd after boarding?

Sometimes if a formal table for two isn't available they will put us at a table for four and try not to assign anyone else to that table. It works for us and gives us a little more space. As with the others we ask our travel agent to request a table for two when we book so they also have our request ahead of time. It also helps if you are flexible with when you eat. If you are willing to take the less popular seating they can do more for you.

Sometimes if a formal table for two isn't available they will put us at a table for four and try not to assign anyone else to that table. It works for us and gives us a little more space. As with the others we ask our travel agent to request a table for two when we book so they also have our request ahead of time. It also helps if you are flexible with when you eat. If you are willing to take the less popular seating they can do more for you.

We request at booking. Only once did we not get a table for two on our last cruise on the Empress. To our surprise like the above comment we were put at a formal table which was set everynight for two. We had main seating.

Archived