Ship's excursion payments

Carmic

This is our 2nd cruise on Princess, but the first time we have pre-reserved an excursion. When do we pay for the excursion? Is it added to our on-board account? Cruised RCCL before and you always have to pay for reserved excursions with a credit card before you sail.

This is our 2nd cruise on Princess, but the first time we have pre-reserved an excursion. When do we pay for the excursion? Is it added to our on-board account? Cruised RCCL before and you always have to pay for reserved excursions with a credit card before you sail.

Your shore excursions are added to your shipboard account and the tickets will be in your cabin when you arrive (or shortly thereafter). You can still cancel and receive a credit (have it taken off your shipboard account) as long as you do it by the date & time announced for that port - it will be in the Patters. So, no paying for your excursions until you get on board.

It will be charged to your onboard account and the tickets will be in your stateroom on the day of embarkation! The total bill with excursions will not be billed out until the end of the cruise. Make sure to check your tickets and you will have usually until 7Pm the night before to cancel if you need to cancel.

Enjoy!

Celebrity (owned by RCI) does it too. There is no way I would prepay those shore excursions, which they then tell you there's a deadline for cancellation BALONEY@\! Princess does it the right way.

Pia

I am booked on my first Princess cruise in 3 weeks & I like the fact that I can reserve my excursions in advance. I have already done this - I even changed it once to a new excursion that showed up on the website after I booked the original one. I like the fact that I could do that so easily.:)

However, it's also nice on RCI that when I get that bill at the end of the cruise I don't have as much of a shock!:eek: There are benefits both ways....:D

So, I can reserve the All Day Champagne Catermaran Snorkle and Sail excursion and not pay for it until the day I pay my full bill the day before we exit the ship?

Is that right? :confused:

Yes, that is absolutely correct. Generally, the cancellation day/time is 24 - 48 hours before the excursion but you'll see the port excursion closing date and time printed in the Princess Patter. All you have to do to cancel is to drop the ticket(s) off in the box in front of the Shore Desk; you don't have to wait in line nor wait for the Shore Desk to be open.

For those who like to prepay their excursions, you can always send a "gift" to yourself of onboard credit before you sail so that your onboard account isn't too horrendous at the end of the cruise.

Another advantage is that if an excursion is cancelled......due to a missed port call bad weather of whatever........your shipboard account is just credited that amount.

....you do not have to be repaid (with a credit card credit) for a cancelled excursion that you have already paid for.

Archived