Platinum guests travelling with non platinum friends

boone2

We are platinum guests and are travelling in august with our friends who are on their first ever cruise. Will they be able to embark and disembark with us?

Terry

It should not be a problem, I just recently gained my platinum status but have always gone with someone who was platinum and have been able to use their preferred embarkation benefit. This year, I will be taking my girlfriend on her first cruise, I am platinum and she is not and we plan on embarking togother, preferred of course. ;)

We are platinum guests and are travelling in august with our friends who are on their first ever cruise. Will they be able to embark and disembark with us?

Terry

Our friends we able to embark with us as our guests. (Right to the front of the line.)

I'm sure the disembark is the same. (We had different pick-up arrangements, so we didn't leave the ship together.)

Jill

Terry

If one of the cabin occupants is Platinum, you can both process together.

If you are in different cabins.....you process Platinum.....and they go through the other line.

[quote

If you are in different cabins.....you process Platinum.....and they go through the other line.

That wasn't true for us. The Princess rep said that because they were our guests, they could embark with us.

We were in different cabins and on different decks. It was their first cruise.

Jill

This might be a case of Princess not being consistent. Generally, unless they are minors, family members or those needing special assistance, they are not eligible for priority boarding. Of course, if you really want to be with them, you can go in the non-Platinum embarkation. That would solve any problems.

(Toto -- I edited my post after you quoted. Sorry.)

This might be a case of Princess not being consistent. Generally, if they are minors, family members or those needing special assistance, they are not eligible for priority boarding. Of course, if you really want to be with them, you can go in the non-Platinum embarkation. That would solve any problems.

I totally agree with Pam here. Whether friends on their first cruise can join you for priority boarding, disembarkation is a toss up.

Most lines at the terminal/ship are about the same length, if you have any problem, I would just join your friends in their line, we have found at times it is faster at the regular lines then at priority. This all depends on how many platinum and elite are on any particular cruise of coarse.

Toto, the only time I've seen lately where the wait might be reduced for Plat/Elites is when Plat/Elite are getting Group 1 boarding cards in the holding lounge, and everyone else gets Group 2+. As a result, the Plat/Elites enter the registration lines immediately after those needing assistance and followed by...well, everyone else.

Basically, Plat/Elites are just getting a bit of a head-start at getting to the registration lines, but, you're right, once you get to that point, the lines themselves always seem pretty much the same.

We are Platinum and those traveling with us on our last cruise were Gold,

but they came along with us anyway. If it's only a couple of people and

not a bunch of people it's not a big deal, and if you are Platinum you should

not relinquish your hard-earned Plat status by standing in the "newbie"

line with your friends. Just take them along with you. Furthermore,

if you're allowed to bring family members with you anyway, how do

the check-in people know that they're not related to you. They could

be your cousins, for all they know.

The truth of the matter is, a lot of times the non-Elite/Plat lines are just

as short.;)

Toto, the only time I've seen lately where the wait might be reduced for Plat/Elites is when Plat/Elite are getting Group 1 boarding cards in the holding lounge, and everyone else gets Group 2+. As a result, the Plat/Elites enter the registration lines immediately after those needing assistance and followed by...well, everyone else.

Basically, Plat/Elites are just getting a bit of a head-start at getting to the registration lines, but, you're right, once you get to that point, the lines themselves always seem pretty much the same.

Sorry, should have clairfied a bit more. I wasn't talking about being there early, before the ship is ready for boarding. What I was meaning was later on when the group numbers are not handed out. Yes, I agree, when arriving early, Platinum/Elite do board first, but only at some ports in the U.S. If arriving after the initial flood of passengers that have been waiting to board thins out, then the lines usually are pretty much equal.

Help me out . . . we are Platinum and have always stood in the huge line outside in FLL. Once we work our way into the building we then head to either the Express line or to our deck's line, depending on which is shorter. From what I am reading here and on another thread (awhile ago), we don't need to stand in that line and can go to the front of the line and work our way in. Is that correct? If so, is there a different door so people don't think you are just pushing your way in?

If so, is there a different door so people don't think you are just pushing your way in?

Hi Joanne,

How are you? Is your daughter still dancing her nights away?

Yes, you have observed correctly. At Pt Everglades and San Pedro, there is a seperate line (next to the regular line) where Platinum and Elites can stand and go in ahead of the others. Using the preferred line is only necessary if you are there right at the start. Many times, we just arrive around 2pm and 'sail' right thru the check-in process, avoiding all lines, Platinum or otherwise!

Help me out . . . we are Platinum and have always stood in the huge line outside in FLL. Once we work our way into the building we then head to either the Express line or to our deck's line, depending on which is shorter. From what I am reading here and on another thread (awhile ago), we don't need to stand in that line and can go to the front of the line and work our way in. Is that correct? If so, is there a different door so people don't think you are just pushing your way in?

There is a platinum line and it usually is much shorter than the other line.

Jill

There is a platinum line and it usually is much shorter than the other line.
Not always true... and not really "usually" true. It all depends on the ship, port and itinerary. I've taken several cruises where most of the passengers are Platinum or Elite which negates the advantages of the Platinum/Elite/Suite line.

I believe Jill was responding to a question specifically about FLL and specifically about the huge line outside the embarkation lounge (before reaching the registration lines inside) -- and about how Plat/Elites are expedited there.
I know. :) I've cruised from FLL many times and never experienced "huge" lines, even when arriving at 11AM and going on a large ship. Maybe I'm just lucky. The only time I've encountered a huge line was in Buenos Aires (which is off topic to this thread, I know) where the lines were out the building, around the drop-off area and down the street for several blocks. I was fortunate to have taken a Princess tour and the driver knew exactly where to take those of us eligible for Priority Embarkation so that it took us less than an hour to check in rather than the 2 - 3 hours for others.

No problem.

Happy New Year. :)

You as well. :)

In my experience at FLL, I have generally been helped by preferred embarkation. I will be sailing out of there on Jan 5th(just a few days!) and will report back letting you all know how it goes. This will be my first Princess cruise with Platinum status, but have always sailed with others who had preferred embarkation, and have always trudged through with them.

Archived