Platinum guests travelling with non platinum friends

boone2

I'm confused as well. I know there is a Platinum line once you are inside of the building. But what about the line that forms outside of the building? I've heard just to show your boarding pass to Princess personal and they will take you inside and I've also heard that you do have to wait with everyone in the long line. I'm asking specifically about Ft. Lauderdale.

I'm confused as well. I know there is a Platinum line once you are inside of the building. But what about the line that forms outside of the building? I've heard just to show your boarding pass to Princess personal and they will take you inside and I've also heard that you do have to wait with everyone in the long line. I'm asking specifically about Ft. Lauderdale.

I have the same question - where do you go when you arrive at the terminal in FLL (suite pax).

I have the same question - where do you go when you arrive at the terminal in FLL (suite pax).

As many times as we have sailed out of FLL (probably close to a dozen), I have never seen more than one line going into the building. If there is a seperate line for Platinum/Elite/Suite passengers, it has not caught my eye in the past.

Even though we receive priority boarding, I don't think I would be able to walk past others (sometimes hundreds) to go to the front of the line. The looks would be devestating.

But, when boarding the Sea Princess last December, we were there early and there were several lines going all directions, boarding was delayed and so everyone had to stand outside, they were not allowing us into the terminal until the others onboard that were not disembarking could get off for tours, it was one of the worst boarding we had ever seen as far as organization went. Ours ended up being the right line and we were the first ones at the front. We waited for about 45 minutes and right before boarding, an older couple waving their Black Elite cards pushed their way to the front of the line. I was amazed they had the nerve, especially thinking that nobody else might also be Elite/Platinum or in a suite. We never said a word to them, but if looks could kill, they would not have made it onboard alive, I can tell you that. So, they arrived about an hour later and decided they deserved priority boarding, and thought they should be first in line so pushed and shoved others to make it there. Sorry, but this was ridiculous in my book. We probably should have said something, as we are also Elite and so were the dozen or so others that arrived early with us to get in line, but we just didn't want to start off our vacation with a confrontation.

Toto,

Thats the point where I would go up to them and hold my "black" card and politely say with a smile "excuse me, but the end of the elite line is back there" (and point to the back of the line)

Oh, we thought of doing that. But these two looked (yes, I admit, they had that look) like they were better than anyone else and saying anything to them was going to cause a tiff, and I don't like to begin a vacation like that, so we all just let it pass. BUT, we talked loudly enough about it while they were in front of us so they could overhear. LOL When a dozen people start discussing rudeness/pushiness of others, with them listening, I think they could hear. But these were the types that it wouldn't have made any difference at all, they would have stood their ground I am afraid. It just wasn't worth taking a chance and making a fuss.

I have to admit, pushing to the front of the line is something I have never done, although I have seen it happen many times for boarding, disembarking and to the tenders. It simply amazes me how some can be in such a hurry and so rude while on vacation.

Hi Joanne,

How are you? Is your daughter still dancing her nights away?

Yes, you have observed correctly.

Hi West Coast, I have seen your posts many times and see you are still cruising - it gets in the blood :) . After 5 years (started young, as she is only 23) she has decided it's time to get back to some for of 'normalcy'. She is missing the performing and the travel but is trying to resist the urge to head back . . .

There is a platinum line and it usually is much shorter than the other line. Jill

As many times as we have sailed out of FLL (probably close to a dozen), I have never seen more than one line going into the building. If there is a seperate line for Platinum/Elite/Suite passengers, it has not caught my eye in the past.

Even though we receive priority boarding, I don't think I would be able to walk past others (sometimes hundreds) to go to the front of the line. The looks would be devestating. That's kind of what I am thinking.

Thanks to everyone for their help . . . guess when we get there at 11:00 (hotel check out - what else are you going to do :D ) we will have to ask a few questions and see what is happening.

We are platinum guests and are travelling in august with our friends who are on their first ever cruise. Will they be able to embark and disembark with us?

Terry

I can't speak to embarking, but if the ship has expess disembarkation you can stay together.

I've used it twice. Neither time did folks pay heed to what their numbers were. People just lined up and pushed to the front. The crew at the exits didn't ask for the departure slips that held our numbers. There's such a crush it would have held up the line if they had.

Unless you have a special need, it isn't as important to stay together embarking. You can easily hook up later. We were all newbies and still managed to get on board without guidance. :p

Despite what I said, I love express disembarkation. Best invention since the wheel.

This was our latest experience in FLL, but it could all be different by tomorrow...

The main entrance to the registration area is under the awning, at the end of the concrete switchbacks -- the place where you're used to seeing the long line-ups before boarding starts. The entrance to the boarding lounge was around the corner. Sailing past those in the main line waving a card is never going to be comfortable for me, either....but that wouldn't be necessary using the side door where they were issuing the Group 1 boarding cards for Plat/Elite.

As is very common in FLL, the only significant waiting invovled was the wait we brought on ourselves by arriving early at 11 a.m. So you could always just wait in the main line; it moves very quickly once boarding opens. If you need a chair for waiting or any assistance, though, present yourself at the side door.

You might also try looking for Kevin. He's a ubiquitous presence in FLL and can point you in the right direction. (Although most of the time, he's already inside....)

Archived