New Years Eve

LovesCruising

We just returned today from a 15 day cruise on the Diamond Princess and we had a lot of fun on New Year's Eve. The atrium was the center of the action, but they had parties going on in each of the lounges and each was decorated for the occasion. The theme on our cruise was Black and Gold ball, so the decorations were all in those colors. It was very elegant. When we arrived for dinner we were given hats for the men, headbands for the ladies and horns for everyone. There was live music and dancing everywhere and at midnight in the atrium champagne was served, more horns, hats and streamers were handed out and there was a big balloon drop. It was pretty packed, but very festive!

We headed back to our cabin shortly after midnight, but we heard that the celebrating went on for a couple more hours. After that the crew had their own party which I think went to about dawn. They were all at their stations the next morning, (well except for one they had to hunt down) but I will say there were some pretty bleary faces and a few looked like they hadn't been to bed at all. It didn't bother me in the least though because they work so hard that I'm glad they had a chance to have some fun too.

Sorry Cruze610 - thought you were being sarcastic - not the police at all - lol

Karatemom - Thanks - was pretty much what I was looking for

Thinking about a cruise for new years next year. Thanks again

no sacrasm here. Im a lover, not a fighter. :D

Archived