Cruise out of Miami in March

reverie177

I'm looking at my options for flights from NYC to MIA or FLL. I think it would be most convenient to fly into and out of Miami (as opposed to Fort Lauderdale) but the flight out of Miami on this particular airline doesn't depart Miami until 8pm (the ship should be getting in at 7am). Should we just book an earlier flight out of fort lauderdale or would we be able to kill time in Miami? My main concern is that we won't know what to do with our bags, we'll have 6-8 people, and we're all 21 so we may not be old enough to rent a car. I suppose we may be able to spend the night there and fly out early morning, but if that isn't an option, how could we get around the city with all our luggage?

Also, if you were to book a flight into Miami (for a 4pm departure), would you book the one that gets in at 9:30am (leaving NYC at 630am..ouch!) or the one that gets in at 11am (leaving NYC at 8.. a bit more reasonable time)? I'm always scared of delays, etc and I've never flown into miami so I'm not sure what to expect. The flight would be on Continental. Any past positive or negative experiences with them?

Thanks a lot!

I'm looking at my options for flights from NYC to MIA or FLL. I think it would be most convenient to fly into and out of Miami (as opposed to Fort Lauderdale) but the flight out of Miami on this particular airline doesn't depart Miami until 8pm (the ship should be getting in at 7am). Should we just book an earlier flight out of fort lauderdale or would we be able to kill time in Miami? My main concern is that we won't know what to do with our bags, we'll have 6-8 people, and we're all 21 so we may not be old enough to rent a car. I suppose we may be able to spend the night there and fly out early morning, but if that isn't an option, how could we get around the city with all our luggage?

Also, if you were to book a flight into Miami (for a 4pm departure), would you book the one that gets in at 9:30am (leaving NYC at 630am..ouch!) or the one that gets in at 11am (leaving NYC at 8.. a bit more reasonable time)? I'm always scared of delays, etc and I've never flown into miami so I'm not sure what to expect. The flight would be on Continental. Any past positive or negative experiences with them?

Thanks a lot!

In March, take the first flight out at 6:30AM. If there is a storm anywhere in the country, later flights will get backed up, delayed, and cancelled.

Also, why not make Miami part of the vacation? Book a room for the night your ship disembarks and stay at South Beach and have some fun!

Rev -

I was in the same boat as you. I'm flying out of JFK on American (RT) for $228.80. Book your tickets directly on American's website. You can choose the seats & travel alerts as well if the flight changes.

Fly down the day before, get the 8:15am flight direct on AA.

On the way home, grab the 12:30pm flight.

I'm flying down the day before & staying overnight. You might want to consider the same due to the conditions in March that you & I experience. You know how unpredictable our weather is here in the Northeast!

Archived