Arubalisa - Eagle Beach

sadie8

Arubalisa - I see you are back from Aruba - How did you like staying on Eagle Beach? Do you have any additional information for us day cruisers beaching it for the day......where to rent chairs, etc.??

Aruba was fabulous as always. Some morning showers, but it is rainy season through mid-January.

The Tamarijn is "officially" along Druif Beach, but in reality it is an extension of Eagle Beach. Unfortunately there were not places to rent chaises or umbrellas along here. Just a couple of watersports vendors.

There are some Watapana trees which provide some shade. This is what many of the locals use when they go to the beach on the weekends in their free time.

If shade is not a concern and you did not wish to take the 15 minute taxi ride down to Palm Beach, there is a beautiful stretch of beach less than 5 minutes from the cruise terminal between the Tamarijn and Divi Resorts. Beaches are public, so you can just plop your towel down in the sand and enjoy the beautiful aqua waters.

Pictures to follow... :D

So no vendors down on the Druif Beach end, but how about out on the "point" of Manchebo Beach or around the corner on Eagle Beach proper?

I'm thinking the perfect place to spend the day would be on Manchebo Beach, since you could walk one way to Eagle Beach and the other way to Druif Beach, with great views in both directions. Umbrellas, drinks, snacks, etc. would be a necessity, but I haven't yet found definitive word if all those amenities are available from vendors on Manchebo/Eagle Beaches like they are on Palm Beach.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Arubalisa:

I'm looking forward to hearing a comparison of Eagle Beach with Palm Beach.

1.Is there a place to rent chairs and umbrellas

2.Are there wasroom facilities?

3.Can you buy drinks and food anywhere ???

Thanks

No place to rent chaises or umbrellas on Eagle Beach.

You could purchase food and drink at the Amsterdam Manor and use their restroom. La Cabana also has bar(s) and restaurant(s) not positive, but they should have a restroom facility near their pool area.

Restaurant and bars also at the Bucuti and Manchebo on Eagle Beach.

Thanks for the info. I'm surprised there aren't umbrella vendors on Eagle Beach. I was really hoping to spend the day there instead of Palm Beach.

So if we can't rent umbrellas, is there natural shade around Eagle/Manchebo beaches? Or do any of the hotels there allow cruise guests to use the facilities, palapas, umbrellas, chairs, etc.?

If we want to spend a long day at the beach while at Aruba without being burned to a crisp, do you suggest we just go to Palm Beach instead?

Thanks again for all your help and information.

• 1 year later...
No place to rent chaises or umbrellas on Eagle Beach.

You could purchase food and drink at the Amsterdam Manor and use their restroom. La Cabana also has bar(s) and restaurant(s) not positive, but they should have a restroom facility near their pool area.

Restaurant and bars also at the Bucuti and Manchebo on Eagle Beach.

This was an old post from a year ago.

You are now able to rent chaises at the Amsterdam Manor, and from what I understand, use a palapa for the fee as well.

See the thread at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=17032423&postcount=2 for additional info.

A good rule of thumb:

Calm water, watersports activities and variety of things to eat and drink = Palm Beach.

Rougher water with sometimes waves, quiet, quiet, quiet, limited food and beverage = Eagle Beach

The is a jet ski vendor at the north end of the Amsterdam Manor property.

Archived