45 min layover in Cincinatti

aandb

We booked air through RCCL since we'll be paying less than half the price pp than if we booked ourselves, but we will be landing in Cincinatti at 8:24 a.m. and are booked on a flight leaving at 9:10 a.m. for FLL. I'm really anxious about this. This doesn't leave much time for delays. Is Cincinatti a busy or big airport?

You don't mention your origination airport. Be aware that you might have to take the shuttle bus from Concourse C if you are coming into CVG on Comair. They run almost continuously, but you do have that extra step of schlepping from tarmac level up to departure level.

CVG is a nice compact hub, and DL ops there tend to work well. However, on any given day, anything can happen. Have contingency plans and don't expect the cruise line to do anything for you just because you bought air through them. Research the layout of the terminals, get tentative gate assignments so you know where you are headed and know what you're doing.

You don't mention your origination airport. Be aware that you might have to take the shuttle bus from Concourse C if you are coming into CVG on Comair. They run almost continuously, but you do have that extra step of schlepping from tarmac level up to departure level.

CVG is a nice compact hub, and DL ops there tend to work well. However, on any given day, anything can happen. Have contingency plans and don't expect the cruise line to do anything for you just because you bought air through them. Research the layout of the terminals, get tentative gate assignments so you know where you are headed and know what you're doing.

We're flying in from Toronto

As long as the weather is ok, you should be ok. (it's all about the weather at the airports!)

Or have a mechanical issue.

If your inbound plane is on time CVG is really easy to navigate - even if you have to take the shuttle bus from the commuter terminal - and a 45 minute connection is no big deal. Note that even if you have a delta flight number it may be operated by Comair as the Delta Connection. A 4 digit flight number would suggest a Comair operated flight. YYZ is a big airport, but CVG is a smaller delta hub. I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up on a regional jet into Cincinatti. Maybe service to FLL is also via a regional jet.

We will be connecting through CVG on our return flight from Amsterdam. We have a time frame of 1 hr. & 15 min. before scheduled departure for our last leg..........will this be enough time to deplane, reclaim our luggage, clear customs and make it to the gate on time? We have flown through CVG before, but never returning on an international flt. I would be very uncomfortable with the time if we were connecting through ATL, but surely CVG will take less time. Thoughts please.

We booked air through RCCL since we'll be paying less than half the price pp than if we booked ourselves, but we will be landing in Cincinatti at 8:24 a.m. and are booked on a flight leaving at 9:10 a.m. for FLL. I'm really anxious about this. This doesn't leave much time for delays. Is Cincinatti a busy or big airport?

Curious about a couple things?

We are flying Toronto-Tampa Feb 14th- Delta and arrive in Cinnci 8;23 a.m. depart 9;25 , booked threw flightcentre after seeing flights on another site first. We paid $241 ( could'nt do the normal Buff depart for even that low!) , how much did you get on for?. Our tickets say all arrive and depart at terminal 3. Cheers enjoy;)

I also am very nervous about our flight.We leave O'Hare on Jan13.at 6:03flying to Charlotte, 40 minutes between flights going on to San Juan on U.S.Air. I have even looked at Terminal maps for Charlotte so we Know exactly where we are going to get on the next flight. At least the weather looks like its going to cooperate,so far. What do you think?

We are flying Toronto-Tampa Feb 14th- Delta and arrive in Cinnci 8;23 a.m. depart 9;25 ' date=' booked threw flightcentre after seeing flights on another site first. We paid $241 ( could'nt do the normal Buff depart for even that low!) , how much did you get on for?. Our tickets say all arrive and depart at terminal 3. Cheers enjoy;)[/quote']

Just checked our flts, looks like we land @ gate c56? and depart for TPA @ gate B1. I assume that will mean a shuttle ride with 3 kids, uck. Also assumed our bags would be checked right threw to Tampa, but looks like we have to claim them in Cinnci- Con course C and then recheck them before we load shuttle for gates at B? but should have 40 + mins.

Also assumed our bags would be checked right threw to Tampa' date=' but looks like we have to claim them in Cinnci- Con course C and then recheck them before we load shuttle for gates at B? [/quote']

You shouldn't have to reclaim your bags and recheck them in Cincinatti. You will go through immigration/customs before you board the plane in Toronto so your connection in Cincinnati will be just like any other domestic connection.

We are flying Toronto-Tampa Feb 14th- Delta and arrive in Cinnci 8;23 a.m. depart 9;25 ' date=' booked threw flightcentre after seeing flights on another site first. We paid $241 ( could'nt do the normal Buff depart for even that low!) , how much did you get on for?. Our tickets say all arrive and depart at terminal 3. Cheers enjoy;)[/quote']

We're going during March Break so flights are ridiculous!! Flights are going for about 1400 pp. We got 615 pp through RCCL. Wish we could travel off times!!

45 minutes is not a layover..it's how fast can we get to our connecting plane.Just hope the plane you are coming in on leaves on time,arrives on time and that none of yuou run inot t snow storm of any sort!!!Good luck to all.

You shouldn't have to reclaim your bags and recheck them in Cincinatti. You will go through immigration/customs before you board the plane in Toronto so your connection in Cincinnati will be just like any other domestic connection.

I always have found this somewhat amazing that every airport in Canada that I have been in has US DHS staff on site and a special US departure area enabling one to clear immigration and customs before leaving Canada. Does anyone know of anything like it elsewhere in the world? I guess it works to the advantage of the Canadians as it enables them to fly into more airports in the US than they would be able to otherwise. It also helps with those short connection times in CVG! :)

The preclearance is only at selected airports in Canada. To the best of my recollection, the airports are:

Vancouver

Calgary

Edmonton

Winnipeg

Toronto

Ottawa

Montreal

Halifax

From all other airports in Canada, you must clear customs and immigration at your first US point of arrival.

You also have preclearance from Aruba, Bermuda and Freeport & Nassau in the Bahamas.

From Shannon and Dublin Ireland, you have a "semi" preclearance. You will complete immigration formalities before departure, but will still have to clear US customs at your first point of arrival in the USA. This is scheduled to change to full preclearance in the near future, as soon as USA customs facilities are completed at the airport.

Archived