Any problems sailing out of LA/San Diego due to storms???

Seayalater

I am on that same cruise! Yay!

I have sailed out of Long Beach in the pouring rain before, it wasn't that much of a thing unless you are prone to motion sickness. It is a very large boat (as compared to, you know, Gilligan's or something) and the seas have to be pretty high before you even notice a difference.

As is so often true in So Cal, the rain has not really lived up to expectations yet. We got a little real rain last night, but it seems to have died down again.

Your issue is more likely to be with the airport. With it in the middle of the city like that, high winds or thick clouds can delay a flight.

Good luck, see you on the Elation! Be sure to say Hi if you spot me :)

All I have heard is some of the roads are flooded. It is raining like we've never seen before just north of there. Bridges and road closures yesterday and today...plus power outages and mudslides. Yowsa!! Dont' think this will be over by Monday.

I am on that same cruise! Yay!

I have sailed out of Long Beach in the pouring rain before, it wasn't that much of a thing unless you are prone to motion sickness. It is a very large boat (as compared to, you know, Gilligan's or something) and the seas have to be pretty high before you even notice a difference.

As is so often true in So Cal, the rain has not really lived up to expectations yet. We got a little real rain last night, but it seems to have died down again.

Your issue is more likely to be with the airport. With it in the middle of the city like that, high winds or thick clouds can delay a flight.

Good luck, see you on the Elation! Be sure to say Hi if you spot me :)

We fly in SUnday afternoon, so hopefully we get in otherwise we have Monday to get there BEFORE 4pm...

I live in a suburb of San Diego (about 7 miles from downtown) and was in the downtown area just this morning. This is nothing! At times it was raining hard enough I had to turn the wipers from intermittant to on, but never to high. No flooding that I saw and no danger of flooding that I saw. One wreck on the road (well almost two when that moron in the pickup truck tried to change lanes next to me!) but that wreck was a solo spinout most likely speed related (happens all the time!). So far I would be really surprised if we got even 1/2 inch of rain. Since the ship is in the water, a little rain shouldn't be a problem! :D Just bring a lightweight waterproof jacket or something. I looked at the thermometer a bit ago and it was at 54 degrees so for us, it's a bit cool, but I know many people in "cold-country" would find that somewhat balmy! ;) As per usual, at this point things are greatly exaggerated! Pardon my ignorance, but what port does she leave from? You might want to go to the west coast departures board and check in there for whatever area you embark. It could be nothing in San Diego, but it could be chaos in Long Beach or San Francisco. California is very long with varied terrain so weather can be very different from place to place.

I live in a suburb of San Diego (about 7 miles from downtown) and was in the downtown area just this morning. This is nothing! At times it was raining hard enough I had to turn the wipers from intermittant to on, but never to high. No flooding that I saw and no danger of flooding that I saw. One wreck on the road (well almost two when that moron in the pickup truck tried to change lanes next to me!) but that wreck was a solo spinout most likely speed related (happens all the time!). So far I would be really surprised if we got even 1/2 inch of rain. Since the ship is in the water, a little rain shouldn't be a problem! :D Just bring a lightweight waterproof jacket or something. I looked at the thermometer a bit ago and it was at 54 degrees so for us, it's a bit cool, but I know many people in "cold-country" would find that somewhat balmy! ;) As per usual, at this point things are greatly exaggerated! Pardon my ignorance, but what port does she leave from? You might want to go to the west coast departures board and check in there for whatever area you embark. It could be nothing in San Diego, but it could be chaos in Long Beach or San Francisco. California is very long with varied terrain so weather can be very different from place to place.

we are flying into San Diego and leaving port from there to Cabos & Ensenada.

Archived