How do I limit charges on my kids pass

I just checked in online and I didn't see any way to limit my kids charges on the ship. Is this something you can only do when you get there? If anyone has done this could you explain how it works? My kids are just too young to trust with an open credit line! I'm not sure I even trust myself.:D

I just checked in online and I didn't see any way to limit my kids charges on the ship. Is this something you can only do when you get there? If anyone has done this could you explain how it works? My kids are just too young to trust with an open credit line! I'm not sure I even trust myself.:D

You can do this when you check in at the pier - they always ask us if my DD will have charging priviledges on her sea pass, and we have always said no. I think you can also make these arrangements at Guest Relations once onboard as well. My DD is 11 now, and our cruise next month will be the first time we are going to give her charging ability on her sea pass - although we are limiting it to $50 :)

Once on board go to Guess Services/Front Desk/Pursers Desk tell them the amount from 0 to infinite. As for their tips tell them that you will pay theirs on your account so that it is taken care of. My granddaughters thought it was great that they could pay for their own ice cream every day as their limit was $5.00 a day. (for Ben & Jerry's). Everything else came out of mine so I knew what was being spent.

You can also check on their accounts on the tv too if you are in their room. If they have their own room you can go to Guest Services and get a print out.

If the kids are REALLY young, then they won't need their card at all--you'll hold onto it, as they won't be roaming on their own, anyway!

Older kids should have a talk with parents about the "rules"--and they should do as you say!

You can put a specific amount on a kid's seapass, and when it's gone--it's gone! Too bad!

Aside from the arcade, there's not that much to buy--jewelry and junk that won't interest most kids!

Thanks for the replies everyone - that helps. Not sure if I'm going to let them charge - the only time they'll be away from us is at AO and I wasn't sure if they would use it there. I just told them they would have some money upfront to spend and that would be it. I like to have them decide how to use it so they can learn about managing money when they're young.:)

We always bought our son a soda card and gave him a daily limit of $15 to charge stuff.

He had to call us to get approval for anything above that.

It worked for us and help him learn how to be responsible.

He usually spent his $15 on virgin Pina Coladas! :D

Archived