Promenade cabin

lablvr

My husband and I were in a promenade cabin on board the Mariner of the Seas. We really enjoyed the cabin and watching happenings on the Royal Promenade. There are many events throughout the week that take place on the promenade and yes you can hear the entertainment..but it's not too loud and it let us know when something was happening. If you are looking for dead silence, don't stay here. The cabin itself was nice. Plenty of room for 2 and the storage spaces were well thought out. The bathroom was extra nice. They do need to get rid of that glass coffee table. I kept hitting my leg on it and eventually put it up under the desk/dresser. I saw others out in the hall, but our stateroom attendant said he couldn't store it for us, so just put it under the dresser. For an inside price, you can't beat a promenade room..but if you need to see the ocean (which I did miss and needed to go out on deck sometimes just to "be there") you won't like it. Plus, people didn't seem to stare up at you from the promenade either..although I did like to watch them come and go! Lablvr

We have booked a PR for a Feb Mariner sailing. We've sailed PR twice before on Navigator and Freedom and highly recommend it - much nicer than a simple inside cabin for only a few extra dollars. Totally worth it!

We always go 7th deck PR, not directly above the 5th floor promenade, and not too high on the 8th - the view of the promenade is perfect.

We have booked a PR for a Feb Mariner sailing. We've sailed PR twice before on Navigator and Freedom and highly recommend it - much nicer than a simple inside cabin for only a few extra dollars. Totally worth it!

We always go 7th deck PR, not directly above the 5th floor promenade, and not too high on the 8th - the view of the promenade is perfect.

So happy to read that comment. My family of four has connection promenades on the 7th deck of Freedom for our first family cruise, and we're really quite excited about it.

Wow, this great info.

We have PR staterooms on Liberty in Sep 08 and Independence in Jan 09.

We have never had a PR stateroom before and were wondering about them.

What are the significant differences between Deck 6 and Deck 8 PR staterooms. Is it better to be higher or lower PR stateroom?

Thanks for posting this, this is what the boards are best at.

I'm thinking about giving my daughter and her fiance a honeymoon cruise, but can't afford more than an inside room (I'm a single mom). Would any of you who've stayed in a PR cabin think it's nicer than an inside? Is it too noisy?

The couple are just nice "down-home folks" who don't need luxury, but I'd like their honeymoon to be nice. Any comments from experienced RCCLers is appreciated! ;)

Beachyfe - I liked our PR room on Adventure. I prefer them over the regular inside cabins! I like to be able to see out, so the window was nice. The couch by the window is also nice! I like the setup of the room. If you do go with a PR, remind them to close the curtain! :D

I'm thinking about giving my daughter and her fiance a honeymoon cruise, but can't afford more than an inside room (I'm a single mom). Would any of you who've stayed in a PR cabin think it's nicer than an inside? Is it too noisy?

The couple are just nice "down-home folks" who don't need luxury, but I'd like their honeymoon to be nice. Any comments from experienced RCCLers is appreciated! ;)

I don't know from experience but my in-laws loved their PR stateroom. Here is a webpage where you can see a picture of one. It looks very nice to me.

http://www.rcclemea.com/imagelib.asp?id=52184&portfolio=52194

If you download the picture you can zoom in and see more details. I also made a gamma adjustment to lighten the picture and you can see the small glass table in front of the window seat and other details.

My opinion is that it is a nice upgrade for not too much more money.

Good luck.

If you do go with a PR, remind them to close the curtain! :D

Definitely! Especially for a honeymoon cruise! :) The curtains are heavy, so when closed - no one can see in. But you can definitely see through the sheers....

Depending on the goings-on the promenade - particularly at the pub - I'm certain some of the noise would travel up to the 6th floor cabin(s) located right above it. However I have not stayed in a 6th floor PR, so don't take this as gospel. On the 7th deck, the only time we've heard noise in our cabin has been during the parades, which lasts all of 15-20min - 2 nights a week.

In terms of what deck between 6th, 7th and 8th - it just boils down to the angle at which you can watch the activities on the promenade. Do keep in mind that mid-ship you'll have a better view than if your cabin is located at the extreme end of the promenade.

Great news! In a PR stateroom on the Mariner this March. Taking my nephew for his birthday and didn't figure we would spend too much time in the cabin. I worried about the noise but sounds like not an issue. We are on the 7th floor. Can not wait!

beachyfe - I think they will love the cruise no matter what cabin!

We had a PR cabin on the Voyager. We were on the 6th floor and din't have any issues with noise. You could hear the parades, but we were watching them anyway so it didn't matter.

It was nice to watch the goings on from our cabin.

We were doing a back to back cruise and had to switch cabins to a regular inside after the first week... we didn't realize how much we really liked the PR room until we didn't have it anymore!

We would definately book it again.

Also, kind of a stupid point BUT... I find I'm a bit 'directionally challenged' on these bigger ships, especially in the hallways, so it's really nice to have a landmark on the promenade to go by. It sucks when u walk all the way to the end of the ship in the wrong direction!

We had two connecting PR on 8th floor w/ our two boys and loved it. They had their own space and we had ours. Two bathrooms and all that storage. Worked out well. Would have liked to have the OV, but hey, I got to go on the cuise didn't I?

We had a PR cabin on the Voyager. We were on the 6th floor and din't have any issues with noise. You could hear the parades, but we were watching them anyway so it didn't matter.

It was nice to watch the goings on from our cabin.

We have our first PR cabin on Voyager starting on Jan. 20th for two weeks. We booked deck 6th and we are happy to hear your comments about the noise level.

We have booked inside & balcony before so we hope we like the PR cabin.

When I think of booking a cabin, I want a Balcony. However, sometimes a balcony is not always an option.....Price or Availablility!!

We have been in a PR cabin twice.....Freedom (deck 8) & Liberty (deck 7). Both were fine and we were lucky to get a cabin next to the bridge that lowers.

If I had to choose between an OV or a PR........I would choose the PR!!

Hey Cruisegal40.

We too have connecting cabins on the 8th floor (8601 and 8603) booked for a few months from now.

Couple things.

Do you have any pictures of the setup you could post? I haven't ever seen a shot of connecting cabins on here.

I've read somewhere on here that with connecting cabins you need a steward to come open the door between rooms. Does that mean if you close them you need him to come back each time? Or can they be closed without locking?

I've read on here that the 8th floor is too high up on the promenade and that 6 or 7 is better. Thoughts?

I'm open to anything else you might want to offer as well.

Thanks for the answers in advance.

Archived