Anything You Ever Needed to Know About Carnival FREEDOM

kiffrig

I know that we are planning some really good beach days because when you are taking a pile of ppl who come from quite young to quite old (children and MIL) we want to find places that everyone can visit but I know that the kids want to do the beaches in every port! The husband always wants to find ways to bring back alcohol too! He is a rum drinker and I drink cocoanut rum so we hope we can find both at a reasonable price.

If you stop in Nassau, stock up on the coconut rum there.....the bahamas coconut rum is the best we have ever had, and its quite cheap also. Ricardo coconut rum, its usually around $12 for a 1lt bottle.

We just sailed the Carnival Freedom this March and had a great time. I had always sailed RCCL and the food at best was okay. The Freedom had great food and service. The ship is great although I think most cruise ships are a bit on the tacky side. The rooms were clean, the staff was great and we never ran out of anything to do...or not to do.

Only about 7 weeks before our cruise, and I'm always looking for a good beach. Any suggestions for the best in Cozumel?

We'll probably think of something else to do in Limon and Colon (including maybe staying on board....)

Only about 7 weeks before our cruise, and I'm always looking for a good beach. Any suggestions for the best in Cozumel?

We'll probably think of something else to do in Limon and Colon (including maybe staying on board....)

Paradise Beach HANDS DOWN!!! My sister and I went there last April and had a wonderful time. If you go on the Cozumel ports board Paradise Tom (owner of location) is always on there ready to answer any questions. I really liked how clean it was, the food is amazingly huge portions and the drinks are great! If you need to check your emails he has laptops around the bar for you to use. There is beach massage, hair braiding etc there as well for a reasonable price. You are gonna love it!

Which itinerary are you doing? We are doing Eastern Carribean in November for 8 days.

I'm doing the 8 night Eastern to San Juan, St Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, and Nassua.

I read the other post and we think we are def doing some exploring in San Juan, St. Thomas and Nassua, but some say that Antigua and Tortola have less to offer in tourism, but they have great beaches. So we will see. 5 days!

GaNavy

I agree about Paradise Beach in Cozumel!!! We did Chankanaab - Dolphin Swim - when we were on the Freedom in Feb but went back to Paradise Beach last week when I sailed the Liberty.....In fact I decided to swim with the Dolphins in Grand Cayman last week jinstead of in Cozumel ust so we could have the day at Paradise Beach!!!

Also.....We loved the White Water Rafting in Costa Rica......did not book anything in Panama, just got off the ship for a while and walked around the port area then enjoyed a lovely, not crowded Lido Deck on the ship!!

Enjoy!!

I'm doing the 8 night Eastern to San Juan, St Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, and Nassua.

I read the other post and we think we are def doing some exploring in San Juan, St. Thomas and Nassua, but some say that Antigua and Tortola have less to offer in tourism, but they have great beaches. So we will see. 5 days!

You're doing the same itenerary I'm doing. I hope you write a review. You don't hear as much about that itenerary since they only do it once a month.

You're doing the same itenerary I'm doing. I hope you write a review. You don't hear as much about that itenerary since they only do it once a month.

Not only a review but bring back copies of capers, menues, etc. Any information would be nice on this Eastern itinerary.

Thanks Ahead of Time

Not only a review but bring back copies of capers, menues, etc. Any information would be nice on this Eastern itinerary.

Thanks Ahead of Time

I plan on doing a review. I'm going to try and take lots of pics and bring back the capers. I will need a photo tutorial when I get back though,lol.

I am just so excited about any reviews about the Freedom. I just found out that my sister, my 2 nieces and possibly my mom will be going with us in November. All information is great for me to pass on to them. There is 11 of us going and only 3 of us have cruised before I am just trying to pass the time before we leave!

Sandy.. when in May are you going on Freedom? We are on the May 9th...I saw your picture... looks like you have a couple little ones? Are they coming? We have a 2-1/2 yr old daughter that will be with us. Just thought I would say hi.

I will be 50 in August as well.. when the travel agent asked about any celebrations.. I said I turn 50 this year..so he put it down... I forgot that our anniversary was June.. closer then my birthday.. so he put that celebration down as well.. Neither are during our May 9th cruise... He said they bring cake to the table... too funny.

[quote name='pab59']Has anyone been down to Cozumel/Costa Rica/Panama in May... what is the weather like there? Are we talking way humid? Just curious..getting my mind set right.[/quote]
I've been to Cozumel, Belize, & Roatan in September, and it was hot everywhere. Pretty close to the Equator, I think you can count on hot and a possible shower any afternoon. I'm making this trip in June & figuring I'll only need my long trousers for dinnertime on the ship.:)

In fact it was so hot in Belize that I deep-sixed the idea of a tour and after maybe an hour of walking around, got back on the ship, where it's always cool and the beverages are oh so fruity!! I always enjoy the ship on port days - spa discounts, plenty of empty lounges, pleasant lunches without the buffet mob. So if the weather is too extreme, I figure I'm going to have a good time anyway. :D

Hope you have a great cruise, and if you decide to post a review (hint), we'll all appreciate it.......

Archived