Empress of the Seas question

I am glad you told me all this about the Empress and the fact she will be staying around the Caribbean.

I find this all very interesting as I do love the Empress very much.

Alexis,

If you do manage to sail on the Empress she probably won't look the same.

Our favorite Celebrity ship was the Zenith who also went to Pullmantur. They painted her all white, a change from the attrative, IMO blue and white, and put Pullmantur in HUGE orange lettering on the side. They redid the interior (found a site with a virtual tour) and nothing looked the same.:(

I always chuckle when someone says a ship is on it's last legs and ready for the scrap heap. So many of those "bucket of bolts" go to other lines and have many many years of life in them.:)

Alexis,

If you do manage to sail on the Empress she probably won't look the same.

Our favorite Celebrity ship was the Zenith who also went to Pullmantur. They painted her all white, a change from the attrative, IMO blue and white, and put Pullmantur in HUGE orange lettering on the side. They redid the interior (found a site with a virtual tour) and nothing looked the same.:(

I always chuckle when someone says a ship is on it's last legs and ready for the scrap heap. So many of those "bucket of bolts" go to other lines and have many many years of life in them.:)

It is running around in my mind as I post this. :D My husband will think I am a bit crazy maybe. But he loves that ship just as much as I do.

My other favorite ship, the old Cunard Countess, 17,000 tons, from our first cruise in 1989 is still sailing off of Greece, I think ? and I know I will never get there, but the Empress may be possible. Just maybe......:rolleyes: :D

Archived