Anyone have pics of the kiddie pool on the Med?

InAShoeBox

I am looking for some pics of the kiddie pool area on the Med. Do you have some to share? Also do you know if they allow babies in swim diapers. My 3 yr old is potty trained but we'll have an almost 1yr old with us too and well, she isn't even close! :) I have seen threads on the family cruising board about swim diapers being allowed on other ships (in the kiddie pool area ONLY) but was curious about Costa.

Thanks,

Christi

I believe it should be the same on the Med as it was on the Fortuna. While cruising the caribbean, due to american law it is forbidden to take kids in diapers in the pools.

That´s at least what was comitted via the Today-Magazine aboard.

Sorry.

And believe me when I say it is something that most cruiselines and fellow-cruisers are adamant about - no diapers or nappies in the pools.Babies can have an "accident and then the pool must be closed and drained and have heard of it being closed completely for the remainder of a cruise - People were not happy:(

Also be aware that costa seems better at enforcing no children in the adult only pool than some of the other cruiselines

thanks everyone, I am speaking strictly of the kiddie pool that is shown on the map on the Pandora Deck. I know some cruise lines allow babies in swim diapers in the kiddie only pool (I have seen signs from a carnival ship and RCCL mentions it on their website), thus limiting the area of contamination if there were to be an incident, I was just curious to see if Costa did this.

poop soup. eeewwww! :eek:

run a search on the carnival board and see how controversial this topic is.

turn it around - would you want your child swimming in some other kids' excrements?

a one-year old is barely aware of their surroundings, let alone remebering if they got to swim or not.

poop soup. eeewwww! :eek:

run a search on the carnival board and see how controversial this topic is.

turn it around - would you want your child swimming in some other kids' excrements?

a one-year old is barely aware of their surroundings, let alone remebering if they got to swim or not.

yes I agree, the idea of my child swimming in anyone's poop is disgusting and no I wouldn't allow it, I was looking for pictures of the area so I could see if they had a fountain area, she can't swim, so she wouldn't be using the pool.

I beg to differ about a 1 year old not being aware of their surroundings, they are VERY aware, probably more so than any adult.

I agree this subject is probably very controversial, I would like to remind everyone though that there are such things as adult diapers and they are made for a reason, so remember that next time you're swimming in a pool with a bunch of elderly cruisers!

yes I agree, the idea of my child swimming in anyone's poop is disgusting and no I wouldn't allow it, I was looking for pictures of the area so I could see if they had a fountain area, she can't swim, so she wouldn't be using the pool.

I agree this subject is probably very controversial, I would like to remind everyone though that there are such things as adult diapers and they are made for a reason, so remember that next time you're swimming in a pool with a bunch of elderly cruisers!

HAHA The adult diaper comment is a good one - altho those diapers are big enough that I think you would notice if someone was wearing them:D

However, just remember this if you are on a ship that allows babies with diapers in the pool- If an accident happens and they have to drain and close down the pool for the rest of the week, just think of the nasty looks you would get from your fellow-cruisers for the rest of the vacation (not a pretty site, these boards sometimes prove the unkind and sometimes nasty temperament of other cruisers)

I beg to differ about a 1 year old not being aware of their surroundings, they are VERY aware, probably more so than any adult.

Never seen an adult diaper hanging out of a speedo - but there is always the first time.:eek:

Ron

Archived