9:10 am flight??

missty1405

The only way you will make a 9:10am flight is if you jump ship and swim in the port with your luggage around 4am.

Didn't you read the info from your cruise line that states that flights should be made 5-6 hours after the ship is scheduled to arrive at the port?

Call the airlines and pay the change fee

Do you think we could make a 9:10am flight from the Barcelona Pier to the airport. I am thinking maybe? If we get off the ship and take our lugage with us?

Experts what do you think?

missty

What time does your ship arrive in port? I have seen on some of the Med Cruises where they arrive at the final port late afternoon or the evening before. Also if this is the case, what is the earliest time they will let you disembark?

I would check directly with your T/A or NCL.

There's no way on earth I would book a flight that early! :eek:

That being said, when we arrived in Barcelona in September we were off the ship and at our hotel on Las Ramblas before the sun came up. We had a loooong wait before the HOHO started running at 9:00.

Still, I wouldn't do it.

we were off the ship and at our hotel by 8A when arriving in Barcelona on the Jewel.

That being said I would never take that chance with an international flight. The "next one" will probably be the following morning and it will probably be full.

Tip 1. Barcelona airport was a crowded hell for us.

Tip 2. Prepare to pay cab fare for your luggage.

Stay until the next day at least. Barcelona was one of our favorite ports on our Jewel 12 day med cruise.

we were off the ship and at our hotel by 8A when arriving in Barcelona on the Jewel.

That being said I would never take that chance with an international flight. The "next one" will probably be the following morning and it will probably be full.

Tip 1. Barcelona airport was a crowded hell for us.

Tip 2. Prepare to pay cab fare for your luggage.

Stay until the next day at least. Barcelona was one of our favorite ports on our Jewel 12 day med cruise.

Thank you all. I haven't booked yet, just asking first. I had no idea how close the airport was to the ships. As far as the boat, the papers say it arrives at 5:00am. So, my thinking was off the ship at 6:00 and catch a cab to the airport. I will look for afternoon flights to be safe. We will be in Barcelona a few days before our cruise to see the city. Thanks again.

missty

My Gem cruise got into the port of Barcelona at 5am. The ship started disembarking at 6am starting with the express disembarkers going off first. The taxi ride is about 20 to 30 minutes.

Depending on what airline you take will determine how long it will take you to check in for your flight. Iberia and the discount airlines had long lines but BA had no line.

I did not get off the ship until about 9:15 becauseI had a 2pm flight. I got off and was able to get in a taxi in 5 minutes because there were a long line of taxis waiting and moving pretty quickly. I was at the airport about 9:45am.

Your flight is doable if everything falls into place, but if the ship is late for any reason, then there is trouble. I would not want that stress to end the vacation. We were in the Barcelona airport for about 3 hours and were able to have lunch and do some shopping to pass the time.

The ship could arrive at midnight, but do you think a lot of customs, government workers, work at that time? Most likely they probably will show up at 8 at the earliest. And the one thing I don't like at ports, which get more of it than I do in the west Texas plains, fog. Pea thick soup fog can and will slow a ship down considerably. I would not book a flight before noon.

Archived