What are the chances of getting a last minute deal?

We are booked for an Eastern Caribbean cruise for next summer. Things being what they are, we just can't justify the cost this year so I'll be cancelling (DH was out of work last year, etc.). We have become very spoiled (I don't know who was more disppointed, the kids or the parents)...we have taken a cruise each of the last 5 years. I was thinking that maybe, just maybe we could afford a short cruise with a last minute deal. If it doesn't happen we'll have a back-up plan (Dollywood or something :D). Has anyone gotten a last minute deal during the summer? I have gotten a last minute deal for a weekend cruise, but it was off-season. Also, at what point do they start making deals? I want to make sure I can get airfare at a decent price, too.

Any encouragement would be great...I really NEED a cruise :) .

I subscribe to many online travel agencies' email newsletters. The deals start showing up about 60 - 90 days before the sail date, and they are varied regarding the cruise location. Today, for instance, the sales are in the Mediterranean and Europe for this Spring. In a month or so the summer stuff will start to come out. Just google for cruises and start signing up for the newsletters!

You should also check the Promowave every Tuesday for both RCCL and Celebrity. This is the web site I use; there may be others:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/promowave/

Also, keep track of RCCL's Crown and Anchor web coupons, and the paper ones they also send out. If you are not C&A yet, then sign up!!

Right now they have some great 3 - 4 night cruise prices in the $200's.

Thanks. I am a C&A member and I have those websites bookmarked so now I'll just wait until 90 days out and see what happens.

We have already taken an Enchantment of the Seas 5 days cruise, but if the price is right we'd do it again in a heartbeat. We had so much fun on that cruise!

Archived