Best Lines for 20somethings

Rheaya

Hi Everyone

I was hoping that someone could give me some advice on which lines are best for 3 21-26 year olds. We have been on carnival and they aren't really an option as we didn't like them at all.

Is MSC too stuffy?

We were thinking about about MSC Lirica, Ruby Princess, or RCI Mariner or NCL Jewel. It's my brother's first cruise and I want him to love it like we do!

Thanks!

I was hoping that someone could give me some advice on which lines are best for 3 21-26 year olds. quote]

How bout.........."Didn't I take a class with you before?". Always worked for me. OHHHHHHH, you mean cruise lines. Sorry! :D

I'm in my 20s (I can still say that for 4 more days!!) and have loved sailing on RCCL. But before I can say it would be the right line for you, it would be better to know what exactly you didn't like about Carnival (and what you liked about it, if anything).

I'm in my 30's something and my husband is in his 50's something and we both like Carnival the best so far.. Like some other people have asked it would be nice to know what you didn't like about Carnival?

We have been on Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Celebrity. So far thats the way I rank them in the order I told you. I would think that either Carnival or Royal Caribbean would be better for younger people. We went on Celebrity and we both felt everything was pretty much dead at night except for the main shows.

We will be going on Princess for the 1st time in Dec. so I don't know about them yet..

Hi Everyone

I was hoping that someone could give me some advice on which lines are best for 3 21-26 year olds. We have been on carnival and they aren't really an option as we didn't like them at all.

Is MSC too stuffy?

We were thinking about about MSC Lirica, Ruby Princess, or RCI Mariner or NCL Jewel. It's my brother's first cruise and I want him to love it like we do!

Thanks!

RCL mariner definately. My favorite party ship!! :p

I'd definitely say Mariner of the Seas would be the best bet. But keep in mind the problem may not be the ship but the time of the year. There are definitely times when it does seem mostly retirees are on board, but some ships really rock during vacation times when young people are more likely to be on board.

The thing I hated most about Carnival was that round 5:00 or 5:30 they always put away the deck chairs. If we wanted to go out later in the evening to watch the sunset their were no lounge chairs to sit on. A few people we asked said this was normal behavior for Carnival ships. I would assume they wouldn't do that on the new ones that have the screens and such.

I wasn't overly impressed with the way we were treated by the staff either. When I booked the cruise I had stated that we wanted the early seating for dinner. When we got on the ship we discovered that we had late seating. When we went to go get it changed the maitre'd told us that "We were on the bottom of the list to get our dinner changed because we were Young and we could take the late seating" Even though my boyfriend is diabetic and we always try to regulate his eatting schedule and eatting at that time of night just isn't good for him.

I also didn't like the layout of the ship. We were at the back of the ship and you just couldn't get to where you needed to go from where you were. You have to go midship and down two levels before you could get to the other dining room.

I don't mean to say the vacation sucked, because like everyone says any cruise is better than none at all. I just remember that I liked RCI better. It was bigger and better at the time I was on it, it was brand new. Carnival Glory even though it is still fairly new seemed pretty old and worn. I also didn't like the midnight buffet as much as the RCI one. Also the food wasn't as good.

I don't know if that helps anyone. Even though we do like to go out and have a good time, we also aren't Partier persay. On Adventure of the Seas when we were on it, they had a great entertainer in the Duck and Dog named Bryan Kennedy, I guess we hold all else to that standard and I'm not sure that it even exists. I think it just happened to be one of those great fluke thing where you have the right mix of people to make it just an amazing time.

Do you think Princess might be less stuffy since they have the new screens and stuff? The new ships seem pretty nice....

I was hoping that someone could give me some advice on which lines are best for 3 21-26 year olds. quote]

How bout.........."Didn't I take a class with you before?". Always worked for me. OHHHHHHH, you mean cruise lines. Sorry! :D

That is exactly what I thought when i read the thread topic! "Excuse me, but haven't we met somewhere before..."?:D :D ;)

Hey I am a fellow 20-something cruiser.. and I have been on both RCCL and Princess and I really liked both of them- I agree with one of the earlier posters tho, the atmosphere on the ship will completely depend on the time of year. Spring break has much more of a younger crowd than other times during the year. Hope this helps!

Archived