Millie FLL Embarkation Question

ftl principal

My whole family (including 90 year old grandparents) are travelling together on Sunday's Millennium departure from FLL. Last weekend, on other business, I was at the port and noticed that the line for embarkation was out of the building and around the corner. Having travelled on Celebrity many times, I have never experienced this problem - but I have also never sailed out of FLL before (usually MIA).

Can anyone tell me what they know or have experienced regarding embarkation at FLL on the Millennium? Is this line typical? What time do they start checking people in and letting you aboard?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Here are at least two things that will hold up embarkation:

1. Disembarkation. You can't get on until others get off. A lot of repositioning trips (for example, Mediternian to Carribean) are occuring and for those immigration and coast guard does an extra special spot check. You are lucky, Mille has been back from the Med since mid December and sailing out of FLL since then.

2. Norovirus or other infectious thing - If an outbreak occurs they "Code Red" the ship which means wiping everything down with disinfectant after everyone leaves but before anyone can get on. Sometimes they require this for #1 above even if no outbreak has been reported.

Unless the Mille is "Code Red" you should be safe to board 12pm, we've gone on as early as 11am. Keep in mind your rooms might not be ready until 2pm or so, but you can go to the lounges or buffet.

Have a nice cruise.

My whole family (including 90 year old grandparents) are travelling together on Sunday's Millennium departure from FLL. Last weekend, on other business, I was at the port and noticed that the line for embarkation was out of the building and around the corner. Having travelled on Celebrity many times, I have never experienced this problem - but I have also never sailed out of FLL before (usually MIA).

Can anyone tell me what they know or have experienced regarding embarkation at FLL on the Millennium? Is this line typical? What time do they start checking people in and letting you aboard?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

What time of day did you notice this??

Thanks for the replies... To answer the question, I was at the port right around 12 noon. We were hoping to arrive this Sunday between 11:30 and 12:00 so that we could get checked in and then have lunch and hang out on board until our staterooms are ready.

It is the line that scared me... This is going to be my 9th Celebrity sailing and we have never had a glitch in the check-in process and we usually go early. The line this past Sunday though looked like it would take hours to get through (it came out the doors to the terminal, along the front of the building and then around the side).

Any more information (or experiences - good or bad) are appreciated so that I can change our time to get to the port if needed.

Thanks!!!

We are traveling on the next to last cruise for the Millenium out of Port Everglades; and, we will probably not arrive until about 12:30 P.M. Also, we always book CC and we are elite members; hence, I do not anticipate a significant problem. However, I am mindful of the well known aphorism that there is many a slip between the cup and the lip.

Thanks for that good news! I am hoping that what I observed last weekend was a fluke (maybe a debarkation problem caused the embarkation delay).

If anyone has any other information on Millennium embarkation in FLL, please share.

Thanks.

WE just got off the Millie. Last Sunday, 1/6, we arrived at the terminal approximately at 11:30. We were on board shortly after 12:00. I don't think they let you start boarding until 12:00. The line does moce fairly quickly. Have fun!!

We just got off the Millie. Last Sunday, 1/6, we arrived at the terminal approximately at 11:30. We were on board shortly after 12:00. I don't think they let you start boarding until 12:00. The line does move fairly quickly. Have fun!!

Archived