Princess Site - Security program say "caution"

vickie_bernie

It's probably dependent on your security settings and level of software. Something definitely changed from yesterday and for me it's still not fixed. The error I get on Vista with IE7 is "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has blocked this website from display content with security certificate errors."

Something is wrong with the security certificate on at least part of the princess site. Hopefully they fix it soon. Can the error be bypassed? Yes, but at least for me, I will wait.

I log on in Internet Explorer and for over a week now the contract has not come up and it goes right to my info. I just figured they got rid of it.

We also have Mozilla and tried logging in on that this morning and the contract comes up. What's going on?????? Both come up as locked sites but I think I'll wait to put the rest of my info in, there is enough on there already....

I got the same message asking me not to enter the site. My girlfriend who is trying to get on the site got the message also. She told me that was the same message she got when her bank got hacked into:(

Too much personal information on the website. Not a good thing.

I will try again later. Could be a glitch in their system.

Have a good day all and happy sailing.

Just spoke with Princess (8:50 am PST) and they are aware of the security issue and have a ticket open on it to have the issue resolved.

Yesterday I was able to get onto My Princess and go from one booking to another without having the terms and conditions come up. Today Internet Explorer will not let me go to My Princess at all.

Having to agree to the terms everytime was a poor design that needed fixed.

I'm betting it's a Norton thing, anyone with AVG or another security program encounter this.

I just tried the Princess site and did not get a security warning but I notices 2 things that were strange. 1. where it tells you how many days till your next cruise it said 7. it should be 5 and yesterday it was correct. it said 6days. hmmmm. the second thing, when i clicked on cruise personalizer, it immediately took me to the screen where they list all of the forms that can be downloaded and printed. like the boarding pass and travel summary etc...

Having to agree to the terms everytime was a poor design that needed fixed.

I'm betting it's a Norton thing, anyone with AVG or another security program encounter this.

It is not a Norton thing - it is an IE thing. IE 7 might be more secure than other versions and that might be why some are getting on and others are not.

As I posted above Princess is aware of the problem.

I have Norton and use I.E. 6.0. Had absolutely no problems logging into "My Princess" or accessing my Cruise Personalizer just now. One thing I noticed is that I no longer have to click the Agreement before going into my Booking Summary. I hated having to click on that every time I wanted to check my booking. Perhaps Princess is revising it's security on the website so that if you are cookied, you don't have to keep agreeing to the Agreement.

I have Norton and use I.E. 6.0. Had absolutely no problems logging into "My Princess" or accessing my Cruise Personalizer just now. One thing I noticed is that I no longer have to click the Agreement before going into my Booking Summary. I hated having to click on that every time I wanted to check my booking. Perhaps Princess is revising it's security on the website so that if you are cookied, you don't have to keep agreeing to the Agreement.

same for me from work computer

Just talked to my DH who is a systems programmer, and he said that he got a notice that several websites are having problems. Something to do with their servers "being attacked". I just want to see if we moved up in our waitlist for dining.

I just tried to log into Princess and am still getting the warning and am unable to override it. Called my sister who is at work and she was able to go right in. I am using IE but don't know what version and I also have Norton. Seems strange that some people are able to get in and others not.

We got the security warning, and tried to override it, and it would not let us.

We then switched from Internet Explorer to Netscape Navigator 9 and had no warnings or problems logging in to the personalizer.

We have XP SP2 with Norton NIS 2008.

wow when i first posted this i thought it was just me and post would be ignored, guess i was wrong

first it has nothing to do with your computer or the software you are using. Obviously some secuirty settings are finding the problem and others are not.

Even those who do get thru are noticing problems.

This is a Princess Problem, their site has obviously been comprimised. I would caution anyone (wether you can get in or not) to not put in any personal information.

OH I just went to their site and was able to log in no problem now... guess it is fixed.

This is a Princess Problem, their site has obviously been comprimised.

You cannot state that with any certainty whatsoever. There are several ways that security warnings can come about, especially on large corporate sites with content being served from several sources, and many of them are not due to any actual breech in security with a site in question. Using caution however, is always a good idea.

A non-secure site does not encode the message you send. If you look in the address bar at the top of the browser where it says "http://" this shows it is not a secure site. If you do online banking or ordering you will see, or should see "https://". The "s" means it is a secure site. Usually there is a small padlock or some symbol showing the site is secure. I use Firefox and a secure site shows up at the bottom of my browser with the http://WWW.(name of site) and a padlock. I can look at that and know it is a secure site or look in the address bar and see the https:// to know it is secure.

Don't blame Princess for the problems that come up with IE or Norton. Norton has problems often with other programs. I used them for years and finally quit when it would cause my computers to crash. If you do a search for Norton or Symantec you will find threads about the problems people experience use the software.

Firefox has no problems with Princess site and it is probably more up-to-date than IE is for security.

I can get onto the site no problem without any messages but I can't book shore excursions or spa treatments now nor can I edit what I already have booked. I also don't have to agree to the terms like I did prior.

Guess they're still working out some of the bugs.

Archived