Spa Attire??

Solo Cruiser

Unlike my past cruises, I intend to take advantage of the spa and some treatments on my upcoming 17 day cruise. As I'm not modest I plan to wear some workout clothes to the spa, undress completely, cover with provided towels and let the pampering commence. Is this out of line with proper attire?

That's just fine. I usually wear pull-on pants & a Tshirt. Others show up in bathrobes (don't know what they have on underneath:rolleyes: ).

Enjoy the pampering. If the spa is a Steiner-operated one (most of them are) be prepared for a hard sell of product at the end of your treatment (nothing like it to bring your blood pressure back up :mad: ). I've been known to threaten not to tip if they don't stop (always works!). If you're really interested in the stuff, you can buy it when you get back home & not waste your duty-free allowance on it. Even the stuff that they tell you needs a prescription.

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=#000080]For spa appointments I wear something casual, undress completely (they have lockers for your belongings), and put on the robe they provide if I’m getting a facial, massage, wrap, or other body treatment. If you’re just getting a manicure, it’s not necessary to undress. [/color][/font]
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode] [/font]
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=#000080]May I make a couple suggestions: shower shortly before you go to the spa as a courtesy to the esthetician, and if you are getting any treatment that involves oils or creams to be put on your legs, it’s not good to shave them just before the treatment because tiny nicks could cause breaks in the skin and the essential oils will sting (I learned that the hard way). [/color][/font]
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=#000080]As for the Steiner sales pitch, I sometimes ask them to write down the products they recommend so I can order them when I get home because I don’t want to use up my duty-free allowance, or I tell them I already have what they are recommending (which used sometimes actually to be the case), or else I buy just one thing. I used to buy quite a few of the products, and almost did go over my duty-free limit once, but have since found equivalent department store brands that are less expensive. But even if you do succumb to the sales pitch, rest assured that the products are good quality – just somewhat pricy.[/color][/font]
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=#000080][/color][/font]
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=#000080]Enjoy the pampering. Spa treatments are a highlight of every cruise for me. [/color][/font]
[color=navy][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][size=2]Carol Louise[/size][/font][/color]

We will be cruising on the Queen Mary 2 in November, and since it is a more formal atmosphere, was worried about what to wear to pool, spa and laundry room. I unexpectedly got a catalog from "Ashro" ([url]www.ashro.com[/url]).

I flipped through and at the end found two pages of caftans, beautiful colors!
I realized these would be perfect for "what to wear" on the ship. They are 100% polyester and care would be a breeze. I went online and ordered "Queen Zhinga". They do have a few more styles available online.

I haven't received my order yet but can post here when I do, if anyone is interested.

HTH

Malinda/micropooz

Archived