Advice Needed:Transfer booking to agent or not????

I have always booked directly through the cruiseline. However, I have been curious about the benefits of transferring from the cruiseline to agent for onboard booking incentives. I have read through a couple of threads on the subject but am still somewhat unsure about doing this. I would like request additional opinion in regard to my current booking situation.

Specifically, there are some considerable onboard spending credits ($350)for the cruise being offered through travel agencies. My booking through the cruiseline already includes a balcony discount, crown and anchor savings certificate discount, and $100 onboard credit for having booked onboard using the Nextcruise option. The price of the cruise has increased substantially since I originally booked it, so I think that I have a pretty good deal already, but the possibility of additional onboard credit is inticing and worth considering.

Here are the questions that are on my mind:

• If I transfer the booking, will my original cruise pricing stay in effect or will the current pricing be in effect with a transfer to an individual agent? (If its the current pricing, I won't tranfer.... it is close to two thousand dollars more).
  • Will I lose my current cabin in the tranfser process? (I'd like to keep it since it is an aft balcony.)
  • If I tranfer the booking,will I be eligible for an additional the $350 onboard credit amount that is curently offered by independent agents even though I originially booked the cruise at a much lower price?
  • Will I lose perks that I already have (the balcony discount, crown and anchor savings certificate discount, and $100 Nextcruise onboard credit) if I transfer the booking?
  • If I decide to transfer the booking, exactly how does one go about the process?

Input will be greatly appreciated...... Thank you!

Royal Carib has a travel agent transfer form to fill out within your reservations. You do not lose any discounts, nor does your price change, or your stateroom, you are simply transferring it to a TA (and getting the TA incentives too). Call Royal Carib if you are nervous and they will confirm.

Thanks for asking those ????. I am in the same boat so to speak, I have booked a cruise for feb 09. finally got the cabin i wanted, am afraid to transfer in case i lose it. How do you find out what the ta is offering??:confused:

Talk to the TA before you transfer. The $350 OBC they offer may be contingent upon booking a at a higher price, maybe a suite. Does it say UP TO $350 OBC?

It does say "up to".... thank you for the heads up. I will have to check into it further.

Thanks for asking those ????. I am in the same boat so to speak, I have booked a cruise for feb 09. finally got the cabin i wanted, am afraid to transfer in case i lose it. How do you find out what the ta is offering??:confused:

Naming specific agents or sites is not allowed here. Although pricing is fixed by the cruiselines, agents can compete somewhat by offering coupons, onboard booking credits, etc. Doing a websearch with related keywords will allow you the opportunity to find out what might be available.

Archived