Hilton Galveston Island 'Resort'?

parrotthead

That's were we will be staying pre-cruise.

Can anyone tell me anything about it?

I have read such degrees of reviews, some that love it, some that hate it...Im more confused than ever. :confused:

I have been to Galveston many times, but have never stayed at this hotel.

(I got a pretty good deal on a Priceline bid on it)

Sooo,

Any info would be helpful.

We've stayed at the Hilton several times. We live close to Galveston so sometimes we just drive there for the weekend. We have always stayed in the part of the hotel with the private balconies and not the other portion of the hotel that was added at a later date. We were always happy with it...it has a nice pool area and is right across the street from the beach. It shares a parking lot with Landry's which is convenient for dinner and there's an I-Hop within walking distance too. Very convenient!

• 6 months later...

We stayed there earlier this year and would definitely stay there again. We stayed on the 6th floor of the newer part and it was nice. Except we woke up the next morning and looked out the window and it was so foggy we couldn't see the beach or water. The ships were delayed by a few hours until the fog lifted.

PARKING!! It was great. They park the shuttle vans at the side of the building next to the convention center. They then load all luggage in the back of the shuttle, bring out the people being shuttled to the pier without cars. If you need to park for the week, they load your luggage in the 2nd shuttle van, you then follow them to the back of the resort next door and park and hop in the shuttle, then you're off to the pier. It was very easy.

Sorry to just now be getting back on this subject.

The stay and hotel was wonderful. There was one very minor problem with the room it was taken care of immediatly. No complaints.

Yes they have cruise parking. At no charge, I think, we had already paid for ezcruise parking, but the shuttle driver mentioned that they let guests leave their cars there during the cruises.

The stay and hotel was wonderful. There was one very minor problem with the room it was taken care of immediatly. No complaints.

Yes they have cruise parking. At no charge, I think, we had already paid for ezcruise parking, but the shuttle driver mentioned that they let guests leave their cars there during the cruises.

Did the parking at the Hilton seem safe? Secure? Fenced? Any additional info that you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Not fenced in, but seemed safe. We had no problems.

Be sure to take adavantage of the pool, hot tub and sauna. Like I mentioned it was January when we went, but the pool was heated and it was so nice we spent quite a while going between the pool and hot tub. It was really nice.

That's were we will be staying pre-cruise.

Can anyone tell me anything about it?

I have read such degrees of reviews, some that love it, some that hate it...Im more confused than ever. :confused:

I have been to Galveston many times, but have never stayed at this hotel.

(I got a pretty good deal on a Priceline bid on it)

Sooo,

Any info would be helpful.

thanks for the input and information. Im playing right now with priceline as well. If you mind disclosing, how much was your bid for. Thanks in advance--

How much does it cost for the van to the cruise terminal?

• 2 weeks later...

We are considering staying at this Hilton prior to our cruise March 9th. I see by other posts that they have free cruise parking for guest and a free shuttle to the pier...but how do I get picked up by Hilton and retrieve my car?

We are considering staying at this Hilton prior to our cruise March 9th. I see by other posts that they have free cruise parking for guest and a free shuttle to the pier...but how do I get picked up by Hilton and retrieve my car?

We were given a card with a number to call when we get through customs. I called and the van was waiting right outside when we arrived. He actually had just picked up 2 passengers from the other ship. So, I got lucky and hit it at the right time.

• 5 months later...

We have never stayed at the Hilton, but we have stayed several times at the Holiday Inn on the Beach which is right there also. We haven't had any problems parking at the HIOB in that area. However, our traveling companions did have their window busted in and items stolen the last time we stayed there. I don't know if the Hilton offers better security than the HIOB. Last time we stayed at Harbor House and loved that, but they are pricey for our next sail date and require a two-night minimum. We will probably stay at the HIOB again and park at either EZCruise parking or Lighthouse. I know HIOB offers free cruise parking, but we would feel safer using the more patrolled lots. JMHO.

Hilton Hotel is real nice.

The Hilton San Luis Holiday Inn Beach are all owned by Landry Hotels.

San Luis is 5 star, Hilton is 4 star, and HIB is 3 star.

San Luis has swim up bar in a heated pool and excellant restuarants and great club..

IHOP is by Hilton and San Luis also . San Luis has nice spa also.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Hilton in late November and left our van there while cruising from Barcelona back to Galveston. The lot was well lighted, and the shuttle driver said it is patrolled at night. Our van was just fine when we returned, 3 weeks later.

We have also stayed at the Holiday Inn (pre-Ike) and had no problems leaving our van there.

We booked the Hilton again for next week's cruise. After staying in 6-8 Galveston hotels through the years (from the Galvez to the Econolodge) we think the Hilton will now become our "regular" place. We were very impressed with the room, the staff, the very courteous and prompt shuttle drivers, and the reasonable rates.

hth,

Jan

Archived