Hilton Galveston Island 'Resort'?

parrotthead

• 1 month later...

I'm a little upset with the Hilton right now. We stayed there last year and had a great time before the cruise and used their free parking and shuttle and all worked out great. We sailed earlier this month, but our friends had already booked the Galvez, so we stayed there this time. Now, we are sailing again May 31st and are looking for a hotel room for the night. Galvez is $290 per room for the night, we need two rooms. Hilton requires a two night minimum. I called the hotel directly and the very nice lady in reservations stated that she could not lift the two night minimum restriction, but I could speak to the manager and he may be able to lift it. She transferred me and the front desk clerk came on and told me that they hotel was booked the 29th, 30th and 31st. I told her that was incorrect as I was on the website and if I put the May 29th and 30th, they have rooms available, but not for just the 30th. She became snippy with me and stated I should book the two nights then. Let's see, $300 for two nights at a hotel that lies to me and the first night the rooms will remain vacant or just pay the $290 for the one night at the Galvez and receive great service?

It really is a shame that I'm sure if I drove to the hotel Saturday May 30th and asked for a room for the night, I'm sure there will be plenty available and they would be more than happy to take my money then. I've recommeded the Hilton Resort many times, but I don't think I will ever again. Stepping off the soap box now.

We have a room booked for 1 night September 26th and they did not say anything about booking 2 nights. Why would they be requiring 2 night stay now and not later in the year especially with the with the way the economy is?

cruznnanna

... Why would they be requiring 2 night stay now and not later in the year...

It is called tourist "season" for a reason. It has a beginning and an end.

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

• 3 weeks later...
I'm a little upset with the Hilton right now. We stayed there last year and had a great time before the cruise and used their free parking and shuttle and all worked out great. We sailed earlier this month, but our friends had already booked the Galvez, so we stayed there this time. Now, we are sailing again May 31st and are looking for a hotel room for the night. Galvez is $290 per room for the night, we need two rooms. Hilton requires a two night minimum. I called the hotel directly and the very nice lady in reservations stated that she could not lift the two night minimum restriction, but I could speak to the manager and he may be able to lift it. She transferred me and the front desk clerk came on and told me that they hotel was booked the 29th, 30th and 31st. I told her that was incorrect as I was on the website and if I put the May 29th and 30th, they have rooms available, but not for just the 30th. She became snippy with me and stated I should book the two nights then. Let's see, $300 for two nights at a hotel that lies to me and the first night the rooms will remain vacant or just pay the $290 for the one night at the Galvez and receive great service?

It really is a shame that I'm sure if I drove to the hotel Saturday May 30th and asked for a room for the night, I'm sure there will be plenty available and they would be more than happy to take my money then. I've recommeded the Hilton Resort many times, but I don't think I will ever again. Stepping off the soap box now.

It probably has to do with it being in season. I am staying there on the 20th and I was lucky that I booked it back a few months ago when I did because if I tried to book it now it is 3 times the price!

I've got a room booked at the Hilton for my November Conquest cruise, and only had to book the one night (7th)...and it was a great price, too!

November is not in the middle of tourist season. That's why they want a 2 night minimum. I wouldn't book a 2 night either...I'd stay in the Clear Lake area before I spent that much money on a pre-cruise stay.

Archived