Olympic Restaurant

shirljean

On my cruise, I made reservations with 30 minutes of being onboard. The Olympic set up a reservation table just off the elevator on Deck 10.

Any night works--whatever best fits your schedule.

P.S. I had the single best meal of my life at the Olympic.

Is it difficult to make reservations? Does this have to be done right away when getting on board? Any recommendations as to which day to reserve?

If you’re a Captains Club member you can call that number and request reservations within 60 days of your sailing. You will be asked for a first and second choice for you reservations at the Olympic. If your not a Captains Club member you need to make your request with the Olympic Maitre’D once you board.

As for the day that’s a personal preference, I normally request on Casual nights as the food in the main dinning room is normally better on formal ones.

As per above it shouldn’t be difficult but in my case it seems to be. I made a request with the CC for reservations at the Olympic for an upcoming Millie cruise almost 2 months ago and still have not got a confirmation. I have called 3 times since I made the initial request and the last 2 times was told they had no records of any of my requests.:eek: I have given the same information each time and still nothing so I’m not sure what’s going on but was told they are using new internal procedures. Time will tell very shortly if any of the requests made it to the ship.:rolleyes:

Good luck on your reservations :)

We sailed the Millenium in '06 around South America. No problem getting reservations, in fact we enjoyed our first dining experience so much we ate in Olympic on the last night of the cruise. We highly recommend the Olympic. We made the first reservation immediately upon boarding, given our experience on the Constellation.

Now, on a two weeker on Constellation in '05 around the British Isles and the Norwegian Fiords, we could not get a reservation in Ocean Liners as it was fully booked for the entire cruise. We tried to get the reservation on the second night and found there were no openings.

If you want to guarantee a seat, always make the reservation as soon as possible. That way, you will not be dissapointed, as we were on Constellation. As it was, the Olympic was never very crowded, so it can be hit or miss, depending on the demographic of the group on board.

Donna and Ed

Quote:

"As per above it shouldn’t be difficult but in my case it seems to be. I made a request with the CC for reservations at the Olympic for an upcoming Millie cruise almost 2 months ago and still have not got a confirmation. I have called 3 times since I made the initial request and the last 2 times was told they had no records of any of my requests.:eek: I have given the same information each time and still nothing so I’m not sure what’s going on but was told they are using new internal procedures. Time will tell very shortly if any of the requests made it to the ship"

Hi,:) I called as well within the 60 day time period prior to my recent

Century cruise (last month).

They did have a record of my call. I tried calling about 2 weeks

after my initial request and was told the computer system was down.

I ended up receiving my confirmation within a week before I sailed.

XCruiser, FYI, we have a Florida Thread over in the Floataway

Lounge, if you want to come say hello...some of the folks

are from Ocala as well:)

I will agree that it is truly an exceptional dining experience. I would book it early, like when you get on. Either way, make sure you do stop by early in the afternoon and just tour the place, especially the wine cellar. Several pieces in the wine cellar were salvaged from the Olympic, and are exactly the same as would have been on the Titanic. Also, depending on how busy the staffer on duty is, they may give you a short verbal history about the restaurant, which is why we sailed the Millie in the first place. The day we toured it, the staffer on hand gave us a detailed tour of the wine cellar.

As for which day, we chose one of the formal nights, since everyone is more dressy that night anyway, and it added to the experience of the Olympic when we went dressed to the nines. Enjoy!

I agree with JT1120. I was on Millie 12/2 for 2 weeks. I went two times. The food was great the first time....we also went on the first formal night and I agree, dressing up was part of the enjoyment....the food was OK the 2nd time. The service was also totally different on the first dinner (great and almost 1 waiter per person) the second, not so much. The best part is the cheese course. I would suggest sitting in the back of the room vs. in the front by the maitre'd. The servers were better in the back.

I had the duck......the best meal on the cruise.

Sylvia H

Quote:

Hi,:) I called as well within the 60 day time period prior to my recent

Century cruise (last month).

They did have a record of my call. I tried calling about 2 weeks

after my initial request and was told the computer system was down.

I ended up receiving my confirmation within a week before I sailed.

XCruiser, FYI, we have a Florida Thread over in the Floataway

Lounge, if you want to come say hello...some of the folks

are from Ocala as well:)

The last person I spoke with at CC said with the new internal methods being used that confirmation should come about a week before we sail, so it should be almost anyday!:D

I'll stop by the Florida Thread in the Floataway to say Hi to all of our FL CC friends - type at you there:D

Joel

Archived