Resteraunt recommendation near LAUDERDALE BY THE SEA-N BEACH Holiday Inn

mattR

Well, for sub sandwiches, La Spada, on Seagrape, just off Commercial, near A1A. For Italian, there are serveral long established places on the north side of Commercial across the Intracoastal. I know one is called Zuccarello's and there is another place almost next door.

The Blue Moon Fish Company on the intracoastal just north of your hotel is quite good. What made you choose this hotel?

/////

TA suggestion for a resonable priced "Beach" hotel. Is there something I should know?

Unless the hotel is providing a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port your transportation costs are going to outweigh any benefit for staying there, even if it's a "beach" hotel.

You can do better. ;)

Unless the hotel is providing a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port your transportation costs are going to outweigh any benefit for staying there, even if it's a "beach" hotel.

You can do better. ;)

75[/quote

My family is staying there for two nights we will be renting a couple of vans so that we can do a little running around as well as enjoying the beach. My wife and I actually are one of the few lucky ones to have gotten in on the $2 days inn deal/mistake:) Where would you suggest I try to book my family into?

I was looking at it from a transportation/cost perspective. Being that's not an issue I look forward to reading your comments about the hotel when you return. Have a great cruise vacation.

That hotel is fine. It is right on the beach and there are shops and restaurants within walking distance. I highly recommend both Sea Watch and Blue Moon Fish Company which is about 2-5 minutes from you. There is also an Italian rest called Nicks Italian that is reasonably priced with very good food.

JMHO but bluemoon is too expensive and too "fancy" for a family with kids. My personal choice would be the Aruba Beach Cafe. Ask for an outside table and watch the waves. If kids are finished eating they can play on the beach. Great food too.

http://www.arubabeachcafe.com/home.htm

Also, if you are in LBTS on a Friday night, they close a section of the street and have a Jazz show/street party. Starts around 7pm and shouldn't be missed.

There is also a good Greek place on the North side of Commercial Blvd not 2 minutes walk from the ocean. Can't remember the name but it is on a corner and they have outside tables and great food.

You could walk up El Mar to either of these restaurants. As a fellow Canadian from our cold country, I'm sure you'll agree it is nice to dine outside whenever possible.

Archived