Port of Miami to FLL transportation

kamilli

Hi, am planning to take Tri Rail from West Palm Beach to Miami but want to catch a cab from some Miami stop to the port of Miami. Which stop would be best? Miami Airport? Monorail?

Really appreciate the help!!!

Thanks.

Suzi

go to http://www.tri-rail.com and pull up a timetable. Just because weekdays are differant from weekends. I don't want to tell you something and be wrong. I really like tri-rai for the savings. And it so easy a caveman can ride it! Also where in Nev are you from? I am from Las Vegas. Just moved here a few years back.

Hi, am planning to take Tri Rail from West Palm Beach to Miami but want to catch a cab from some Miami stop to the port of Miami. Which stop would be best? Miami Airport? Monorail?

Really appreciate the help!!!

Thanks.

Suzi

Tri Rail to Metromover to American Airlines Arena/Bayside and catch a cab.

Suzi, please be aware that the TriRail currently shares the railroad with freight trains and Amtrak and they both have seniority over TriRail. In other words, you could easily get delayed for hours while other trains use the track.

You are really taken a huge chance taking the Tri Rail. It isn't set up like public rail transportation in other large cities.

While they are currently building their own tracks, it will be some time before this is done.

It will probably cost you $6 or so per person with two people that is $12. You can find deals on Hotwire for car rentals for $20.

On the flip side, you may just have a smooth ride.

Thanks, BlueHerons, for your input. Would "metromover" be the same as what's quoted on the Tri Rail site as "Metrorail Transfer"? Just checking. I have luggage and so just want to make sure I can get it to street level or wherever....

Again, your insight is much appreciated!

Suzi

Tri Rail to Metromover to American Airlines Arena/Bayside and catch a cab.

Suzi, please be aware that the TriRail currently shares the railroad with freight trains and Amtrak and they both have seniority over TriRail. In other words, you could easily get delayed for hours while other trains use the track.

You are really taken a huge chance taking the Tri Rail. It isn't set up like public rail transportation in other large cities.

While they are currently building their own tracks, it will be some time before this is done.

It will probably cost you $6 or so per person with two people that is $12. You can find deals on Hotwire for car rentals for $20.

On the flip side, you may just have a smooth ride.

Thanks, BlueHerons, for your input. Would "metromover" be the same as what's quoted on the Tri Rail site as "Metrorail Transfer"? Just checking. I have luggage and so just want to make sure I can get it to street level or wherever....

Again, your insight is much appreciated!

Suzi

Yes, I believe it is but I would call the Tri Rail people and make sure.

• 8 months later...

Hi There

If I get off at the last stop on the trirail...Miami Airport and take a taxi from there....( i think they are available from there) How long and how much would it cost me to get directly to the port of Miami...

I dont want to transfer on different lines...or take shuttles...

Thanks!

The cost going from the FLL Airport to Miami is $15 per person and the cost from the Port of Miami to the FLL Airport is also the same $15 per person.

If you decide to reserve this please e-mail me back the following information:

1. Airline name you are flying in on

2. Flight number

3. Estimated time of arrival

4. Hotel/location you are going to in Miami once you arrive

5. Ship name you are sailing on

6. Contact cell phone number

I will then send you back a confirmation e-mail complete with pick up instructions.

Thank you,

Steven Sadowsky

SAS Transportation

1-954-600-0240

ridesas.com

Archived