11 AM flight from Barcelona?

on our last cruise we had a flight leaving at eleven and made it without any rush. We were not even the first ones of the ship either. I had pre booked a taxi and it was there waiting for us.

Do you remember who you pre booked a taxi with and approximately how much it cost.

Thank you in advance

Cherrin

We flew back for Barcelona on 12/01 with an 11am flight and just made it to the plane before takeoff. The agents at Barcelona are extremely slow and they had added a 2nd passport check point which really slowed everything down. I booked our next flight from Barcelona at 12:05pm so, hopefully, we won't be as rushed.

Thanks for your input. We are going to use our FF miles so need to fly American or Iberia which a an affiliate. American only has 1 flight out at 11:00. After reading so many negative posts about Iberia, we are trying to avoid them. Also American has a direct flight and Iberia is not direct,

Thanks for your input. We are going to use our FF miles so need to fly American or Iberia which a an affiliate. American only has 1 flight out at 11:00. After reading so many negative posts about Iberia, we are trying to avoid them. Also American has a direct flight and Iberia is not direct,

LOL is it flight 151 to JFK? I'm the same way (flying on FF miles w/ AA). I too heard and had a friend have a bad expirence with Iberia. That's a reason why I tried to stick with AA for every segment (thankfully I am). Also flying the day after I get off the ship (heard about slowness of BCN attendants).

I am familiar with the Barcelona airport and can tell you that I would not risk booking an 11:00 flight. It's a very inefficient airport. Actually, I'm arriving Barcelona on Princess in April and also booked an 11:00AM AA flight but for 2 days later!

I don't think you have a problem. Call the cruiseline and see what they recommend. If there should be more than three cruise ships docking the same morning of your flight then it might be crowded at the airport. Barcelona is not a difficult place to get a taxi and the taxi drivers are reliable. Tim

As others have mentioned, the Barcelona airport can be horribly slow with very long lines. I have never waited less than at least an hour (sometimes more) for my International flights. If you do take that 11:00 flight, get to the airport ASAP in the morning - you might have a long line to contend with. Good luck.

On our last flight from Barcelona we flew Iberia and I can agree with the negative comments. We have flown quite a bit and, hopefully, we will never have to fly Iberian Airlines again.
We too flew Iberia out of Barcelona. Never again, if I can help it. I've never waited in line so long for check in at any airport. You'd better allow lots of time.

• 2 weeks later...

Just because you dock at 5am doesn't mean you can get off then. The ship will have to go through customs etc, so assume you are not getting off until 7am earliest (even if you do self disembarkation). Don't know about the queues at the airport.

Simon

Archived