Cabin Cavalcade

Cruiser765

If l may be so bold as to ask please, am l to understand that these cavalcades go on a tour of all cabin grades during a voyage.:confused:

Forgive my ignorance, but as the norm being that the ship is full, could l expect a group of fellow passengers to suddenly appear in my stateroom at some point or is all this pre-arranged!

Just wondering again!

Thank You

Jackie:)

Forgive my ignorance, but as the norm being that the ship is full, could l expect a group of fellow passengers to suddenly appear in my stateroom at some point or is all this pre-arranged!

Absolutely no warning given; We all stampede through, in genteel fashion of course. It's normally held at about 3am.;)

Love, peace and spirituality xxx

Jackie,

it's (usually!) pre-arranged. Generally speaking CC'ers get together and visit the range of cabin grades occupied by members of the group. It's the sort of thing that tends to be organised on the roll-call threads or at the meet and greet for the group on the first sea day. I don't think you'll find marauding gangs of cabin cavalcaders kicking your door in, and drinking your Pol Acker (actually the last bit might not be a bad idea now that I come to think of it).

Jimmy

Absolutely no warning given; We all stampede through, in genteel fashion of course. It's normally held at about 3am.;)

Love, peace and spirituality xxx

Jackie,

ignore him. His cummerbund's gone to his head. No, sorry - that's his bow tie :eek:

Jimmy

Just in tucks here guys!! Malcolm is obviously on a QE2 high as we speak!!:D

Thanks Jimmy for trying to be serious!!:cool:

It was actually a serious question ;) Just wanting to be prepared for the onlslaught later this year on QM that's all !!

If Malcolm is correct, may be something to look forward to !! :eek:

Jackie :)

Higher than you know Jackie ;)

I'm quite proud of that achievement actually - it's not something I'm good at.

How's your bit of Yorkshire by the way. In York it's chucking it down and flipping freezing.

J

It was actually a serious question ;) Just wanting to be prepared for the onlslaught later this year on QM that's all !!

If Malcolm is correct, may be something to look forward to !! :eek:

Jackie :)

Please tell me they don't do this on QM2 ....

Please tell me they don't do this on QM2 ....

Why not? Although there isn't much of a point to it, as the cabins on QM2 are largely the same. You have to know QE2--the cabins vary a great deal, even within a category, so there's a high curiosity factor there. Also, it's just a fun group thing to do.

On our cabin cavalcade, all CC folks from our meet and greet were welcome, even if they weren't able to show off their own cabins. One of our group thought her mother might not be feeling well, and we assured her she was still entitled to come along. In the end, her mom was feeling OK and we got to see their M inside. And I was able to ooh and ahh at their floor space and reassure them that I had been in an even smaller M inside!

Of course, we made a bit of a parade. If passengers looked at us oddly as we stood in the hall waiting our turn to see the smaller cabins, someone would just say "housekeeping inspection." Not one person challenged that.

Kathy

Yep, s'pose it sounds like fun!:D Definitely a QE2 thing though by the sound of it. Wouldn't mind showing off my Sandringham or Balmoral suite on QM2 though ....:eek: if I could afford it.

By the way, for all you QE2 afficionardos, what is a Funnel Run? I've only ever heard about this happening on QE2.

I need to know all about Cabin Cavalcades and Funnel Runs so that when the grand old lady finally sails into the sunset and all the QE2 fans decend on my ship I shall be prepared.

Try this thread for more information (if you can understand any of it - it's a bit cryptic in places) ;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=452750&highlight=funnel+run

J

Thank you Jimmy. I think I've got the gist of it now ....

.... don't think I'll bother, I just nurse my cocktail in the Commodore Club:) :) while the rest of them charge around cabins and up funnels!:eek:

Malcolm !!

What lovely new photo, It does you proud:)

Jackie!

Im looking forward to the cavalcade on the farewell crossings, the planning is in Malcolms hands:D and we can look forward to showing what we have to all and everyone, With ohhs and ahhs at all manner of things on display.

Im beside myself with excitement and still 9 month to go.

any pictures of the calvalcade? hope bso as i missed it would be great to see \any pictures you have of it. i shall be reaslly sick seeing qe2 come in tomorrow and iam not on it. but at least i shall be here to see it arrive and l;eave.

all the best

dave

you saw a 'mini' cabin calvacade last Oct on QE2 didnt' you and mainly suites inc. my humble Boat Deck Cabin!!!

Richard

Yes it was a mini formal cavalcade, only one cabin per night and then one had to endure the never ending free champagne and feasts forced upon my good self before dinner, Mindyou l did see rather more than l expected from the rather full closets:o to the back door to the midships lobby and l had a good poke round when l changed cabins after the mini cruise;)

Cheers

Myles

Archived