San Pedro pier restaurant

louiskam

I don't know how early they open on Saturday, but the Acapulco restaurant has a nice Sunday brunch. and they may be open Saturday as well. Yes, it's a chain, but still pretty good Mexican food, and if it's a nice day you can sit outside & watch the tugboats in the channel. If you're up for a little longer taxi ride (I'm talking 5-10 minutes), try:

Think Cafe

302 W. 5th Street

San Pedro, CA 90731

310-519-3662

We go to their sister restaurant (Think Bistro) that's probably too far for you to want to travel, but they have terrific food and they're open for breakfast & lunch. Not as scenic, but very good food. And I'm sure they would call you a cab to take you to the airport after.

Be aware that there are NO restaurants within walking distance of the pier. The closest restaurant is the Grinder next to the Best Western Sunrise Hotel which is over one mile walking distance from the ship.

However, if the Red Trolley is running it will take from the entrance of the port to the entrance of Ports O' Call Village. From there you can walk to the Acapulco restaurant in about 5 minutes or walk to the far end of Ports O Call Village in about 10 minutes to the Ports O' Call Restaurant. Everything else is in between these two restaurants along the channel.

Steve Hayes

The suggestions are well received except we prefer the one within the walking distance from the pier 93 where our Diamond Princess will be docked at. Thanks.

I might add the Red Cars do run Fri-Mon at minumum - sometimes on other days if a cruise ship is in port. I believe the fare is only $1 and it is a very easy way to get to the ports of call area.

I'd also recommend the 22nd Street Landing - an short walk from the 22nd street Red Car station.

Archived