LIVE From Port Everglades!

:D :D :D Hey Trainman-2 could you please pick up Radiance of the seas pin for me in the gift shop? I’ve been looking for one for years! I will pay for shipping and the pin so no worries! If you do pick one up for me my email is Futurebballer07@aim.com and we can work things out there. Thank you very much!:D :D :D

:D :D :D Hey Trainman-2 could you please pick up Radiance of the seas pin for me in the gift shop? I’ve been looking for one for years! I will pay for shipping and the pin so no worries! If you do pick one up for me my email is Futurebballer07@aim.com and we can work things out there. Thank you very much!:D :D :D

If they have them I will get you one!

I went and checked out the Grand this afternoon. Totally refurbished! It looks great!

The last time I stayed there is was a Mariott 28 years ago.

Prices have gone up a bit in 28 years! :eek:

Coooooool...just what I wanted to hear! We also stayed there when it was a Marriott. How's is the weather, warm enough to take the water taxi to Los Olas for dinner?

Coooooool...just what I wanted to hear! We also stayed there when it was a Marriott. How's is the weather, warm enough to take the water taxi to Los Olas for dinner?

We are sitting on our balcony enjoying watching the traffic cross the bridge. Every 30 minutes they raise the draw for sailboats. Planes are landing at the Fort Lauderdale airport one after the other.

This is almost as much fun as the balcony on the ship!

It was 83 degrees and sunny today.

We had dinner at Pedro & Carlo's Mexican restaurant about three blocks west of the 17th Street Bridge on the south side of the street.

The best Mexican food I have ever had! :)

We are sitting on our balcony enjoying watching the traffic cross the bridge. Every 30 minutes they raise the draw for sailboats.

Awesome! Enjoy the view, nothing like being around the water! You have the perfect view to watch Radiance slip in at O'dark thirty tomorrow.

I'm currently busy reading the Compasses from a 12/16 6 night, let me know if you need any research LOL

With glass of wine raised...here's to beautiful weather and smooth seas for your journey!

We just got home today from our 6 day Jewel of the Seas! That Port Everglades is one busy place. However, from FFL airport to thr pier, via taxi's, and back again, we had terrific connections both coming and going. Departing Jewel, we chose the airline/RCCL luggage connection @$20pp. It was well worth it. Dropped our bags at the port and picked them up at DCA when our flight landed at home.

Really, between RCCL, FLL, and USAir, they all did an outstanding job. In these days of hectic air travel (really it has been very bad), our last six days have been unusually, and thankfully, the best airline/taxi/cruise ship experience we have had in the last many years.

Thanks to RCCL, US Air, and all the cabbies at FLL.

Rick and Deirdra

Sharon,

See you on the Radiance:)

Allen

13 days and counting Allen!!

Departing Jewel, we chose the airline/RCCL luggage connection @$20pp.

Rick & Deirdre - What time did they call your tags? I want to do the luggage valet but don't want to be the first ones off either.

We just got home today from our 6 day Jewel of the Seas! That Port Everglades is one busy place. However, from FFL airport to thr pier, via taxi's, and back again, we had terrific connections both coming and going. Departing Jewel, we chose the airline/RCCL luggage connection @$20pp. It was well worth it. Dropped our bags at the port and picked them up at DCA when our flight landed at home.

Really, between RCCL, FLL, and USAir, they all did an outstanding job. In these days of hectic air travel (really it has been very bad), our last six days have been unusually, and thankfully, the best airline/taxi/cruise ship experience we have had in the last many years.

Thanks to RCCL, US Air, and all the cabbies at FLL.

Rick and Deirdra

Sorry for the hijack Trainman........ Rick, what kind of a deal did you get out of National vs Dulles? We are doing 6 nights on Radiance from Port Everglades in March. We haven't looked at USAir yet. Should we?

Trainman, will be following your 'live" reports here as well. Radio did such an awsome job, we're all going through vicarious cruise withdrawal. You got some big shoes to fill!!;) :D

No problem with the hijack! I am about to do it myself!

I opened a new album on my PhotoBucket account where I will be posting all of the halfway decent photos from this cruise. You can find it here:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v329/Trainman-2/Radiance%20Western%2013%20Jan%2008/

Later today, when we are on board the Radiance, I will start a new "Live From The Radiance" thread.

It is 0545 am as I post this. One of the Carnival ships just came in but the angle was not right and I could not get a decent photo of it turning in the basin.

I am using a Nikon, Coolpix, P4, VR camera. Last night I was able to set the camera on the railing of our balcony to get a steady rest for the photos I posted earlier. This will not work this morning as the port is off to the left from our balcony.

Now to the hijack!

At 12:20 am on Jan 4th our smoke detector went of in our home. While DW was calling the Fire Department, I ran into our Kitchen, grabbed our fire extinguisher, and put the fire out.

We were lucky because:

- Our smoke detector went off and woke up up (good batteries)

- Our 10 year old fire extinguisher still worked. (good luck)

The fireman told me that if it had been one minute later I would not have been able to get to the fire extinguisher in the kitchen and we would have had to flee our home and stand outside watching it burn and waiting for the fire department.

Gangs of workers will be tearing our kitchen apart as we cruise and when we return, the entire kitchen will be empty waiting for new cabinets to arrive.

When the work is done, I will add an additional smoke detector in the Kitchen. I have already put two fire extinguishers in our bedroom where we can easily get to them.

I encourage you all to:

- Check your smoke detectors often

- Have at least 3 small fire extinguishers, 1 in the kitchen and 2 in the bedroom.

The fire was started by a candle in a clay pot. The firemen told me that the clay pots are really a composite material that will burn. Somehow, the pot caught fire, melted, ran over the back of the kitchen table and set the wall and floor on fire.

We are smarter now and lucky to be alive and posting!

Archived