Cruise In Douro Cruiser 5 July 2008

hansi

• 4 months later...

Hi Hansi

My parents are booked on this cruise. They're really looking forward - they haven't had a 'big' holiday for a while and really deserve one!

Are you going?

Ian.

Hi Ian. Yes, me and the Mrs are going on this trip. We have done a lot of cruising, but never a river cruise and we are really looking forward to it. We are just doing the cruise i.e. no hotel add ons. Which flight are your parents on? Have they booked with Cruise In before?

I believe that they're on Ryanair out of Stansted - that's going to be a bit of a shock for them! Hopefully it'll be OK. They're not doing any add-ons either.

In the last 10 years or so they've done NCL cruises to the Caribbean and Alaska, RCI to the Baltic and Fred Olsen to Norway. For many years, up until I was born, my dad was an engineer on Fred Olsen and other (now obselete) lines. So he's one of these annoying people who can claim to have been just about anywhere on the planet - although he forgets that things do change over 30-40 years! But a river cruise is something completely new for both of them.

I introduced them to Cruise In, although I've only used them once - it was a shame that they couldn't compete on price for the cruise I've just booked. I think this is the third time my parents have used them - always been very happy with them, although I think this is the first time on a charter trip.

They're Janet & Robert. I'm sure you'll bump into them. It's my mum's birthday on the Friday......so make sure you sing really loudly, wish her a happy 57th birthday, give her the bumps, make her wear a silly hat etc etc. She loves all that.....honest......:)

Yep, I've got the cruise bug too. So pleased to have found a child-friendly cruise that we can afford - can't wait.

Ian.

That's great, look forward to meeting them. We're Margaret and Ed, so ask them to keep an eye out for us. We've all been given name badges so that we know who we are!!

We've been with Cruise In before on a short RCCL cruise although I have to say we like Princess for the perks ( we are on the top loyalty level now) and Celebrity. I like the fact that they don't charge for credit cards and I think they're very efficient.

Archived