For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

I booked a few excursions this morning, but I am stuck on what to do in St. Croix.....

We would like to do a beach day, but the only one offered through RCI is a beach resort for $95pp.

For anyone who has been to St. Croix recently on the AOS - and if you went to the beach, where did you go and how did you get there?

I always worry about going somewhere not on an RCI excursion and possibly not getting back to the ship in time!! :eek:

We rented a car from Hertz which is straight across from the pier. Drove first to Christianstad and then to Cane Bay. Returned to the pier in plenty of time to walk around the port area. It was a nice day. Beach was a little crowded. DH went snorkeling but did not swim all the way to the wall.

NO, my husband and I have toured all of those islands many times over the years, so we just walked the towns and shopped. It gave us the much needed exercise from sitting around the ship so much.

The only new island to us was Dominica and we just walked off of the ship and shopped right there by the dock.

Wish I could help you, but even our two Roll Calls are not active now to get answers.

Maybe someone on here from the Roll Calls will see your question and help you.

A lot of people did do tours. ;)

Can anyone who was on our two AOS cruises help

CC SUZCRUZ with tours? :D

Which itinerary?

Barbados - SILVERMOON (Excellent)

St Lucia - COSOL (Great Value and tour of the Island)

Antigua - See Antigua by the Sea (Through the ship but a GREAT Tour)

St Croix - Gecko's Island Adventures (we didn't use them but heard others did and I would have used them based on my research but DW decided to dive here).

St Maarten - Can't help with this one

Aruba - TOMCAR (Go Green Zebra) (Better than an ATV. Do both AM and PM and you cover most of the island).

Curacao - BAZZ Dune Buggy (Make sure to request a vehicle for 2 (may cost a little more but you won't have to share driving) (A BLAST)

Dominica - Our first time here and DW did a dive excursion through the ship. I tagged along as a swimmer).

St Thomas - Been here many times. Recommend the BOSS (if you have never done it) and HIGHLY recommend the Sail to Honeymoon Beach and Christmas Cove (through the Ship) on Bones. (GREAT TOUR).

Hope this helps.

NO, my husband and I have toured all of those islands many times over the years, so we just walked the towns and shopped. It gave us the much needed exercise from sitting around the ship so much.

The only new island to us was Dominica and we just walked off of the ship and shopped right there by the dock.

Wish I could help you, but even our two Roll Calls are not active now to get answers.

Maybe someone on here from the Roll Calls will see your question and help you.

A lot of people did do tours. ;)

Can anyone who was on our two AOS cruises help

CC SUZCRUZ with tours? :D

Which itinerary?

St Croix - Gecko's Island Adventures (we didn't use them but heard others did and I would have used them based on my research but DW decided to dive here).

Aruba - TOMCAR (Go Green Zebra) (Better than an ATV. Do both AM and PM and you cover most of the island).

Curacao - BAZZ Dune Buggy (Make sure to request a vehicle for 2 (may cost a little more but you won't have to share driving) (A BLAST)

Dominica - Our first time here and DW did a dive excursion through the ship. I tagged along as a swimmer).

St Thomas - Been here many times. Recommend the BOSS (if you have never done it) and HIGHLY recommend the Sail to Honeymoon Beach and Christmas Cove (through the Ship) on Bones. (GREAT TOUR).

Hope this helps.

Which itinerary?

Hope this helps.

Thanks for helping vivig.

SUZCRUZ is a very special CC to me. ;)

SUZCRUZ come back. What itinerary?

Which itinerary?

Hope this helps.

I was on the same cruise as Alexis and Mjyanne:

Aruba - 1/2 day jeep tour through ABC. Highly recommended however I would advise getting into a jeep driven by one of the guides vs. one driven by one of the other tourists, otherwise you don't get any commentary (and the roads can be tricky in some areas).

Curacao - we did the same buggy tour as Mjyanne through Bazz Fun Rentals. Lots of fun as you go off road and it can get messy (just ask Mike....his buggy was covered in mud ;)). To have a buggy with just two people is $30 extra.

Dominica - originally had booked river tubing with Antours. This was cancelled the day we got there so instead we took a taxi tour with a local driver. Lots of taxi's are available at the pier who will be offering tours. We paid $20pp for a 2.5 hour tour.

St. Thomas - this was our third trip to this port. We took the ferry to St. John to visit Cinnamon Bay. Trunk Bay is also beautiful. If you are looking for a cheaper/closer beach option Magens Bay is really nice too.

I was on the same cruise as Alexis and Mjyanne:

Aruba - 1/2 day jeep tour through ABC. Highly recommended however I would advise getting into a jeep driven by one of the guides vs. one driven by one of the other tourists, otherwise you don't get any commentary (and the roads can be tricky in some areas).

Curacao - we did the same buggy tour as Mjyanne through Bazz Fun Rentals. Lots of fun as you go off road and it can get messy (just ask Mike....his buggy was covered in mud ;)). To have a buggy with just two people is $30 extra.

Dominica - originally had booked river tubing with Antours. This was cancelled the day we got there so instead we took a taxi tour with a local driver. Lots of taxi's are available at the pier who will be offering tours. We paid $20pp for a 2.5 hour tour.

St. Thomas - this was our third trip to this port. We took the ferry to St. John to visit Cinnamon Bay. Trunk Bay is also beautiful. If you are looking for a cheaper/closer beach option Magens Bay is really nice too.

They're doing the St. Lucia,Barbados, St. Croix etc.

So far they're doing Cosols tour in St. Lucia. We did it a few years ago and it was great. Just trying to set them up with a fun honeymoon.

Thanks all!

They're doing the St. Lucia,Barbados, St. Croix etc.

So far they're doing Cosols tour in St. Lucia. We did it a few years ago and it was great. Just trying to set them up with a fun honeymoon.

Thanks all!

I am glad you got some great fast answers.

I hope to see you again real soon on here. ;) Who knows, maybe some day on the Mariner out of San Pedro. I am really starting to look at her a lot closer. I do love that ship and I can drive there.

And we did sail her for the pre-inaugural from there, but that was only 2 nights and it did not go anywhere but in circles. :p

I really must see the Southern Mexican itinerary past Ensenada at least once.

Just wondering about what time most arrive at the pier. In the past we arrive around 11am. leaving the hotel at about 10:30 but that has been in Bayonne and Florida. Not sure about SJ. Pan AM Pier.

Thanks for any responses.

Anna:)

Just wondering about what time most arrive at the pier. In the past we arrive around 11am. leaving the hotel at about 10:30 but that has been in Bayonne and Florida. Not sure about SJ. Pan AM Pier.

Thanks for any responses.

That should be perfect for San Juan as well. Boarding usually begins by 11:30am.

That should be perfect for San Juan as well. Boarding usually begins by 11:30am.

Toonjie and Robyn -

If boarding begins at 11:30, are there usually long lines then? What would be the best time to get to the pier to avoid the long lines? I want to get on the ship as early as I can, but since my inlaws both have bad backs and can't stand for long periods, I don't want to be stuck in a long line either.

Thanks for the help!

Toonjie and Robyn -

If boarding begins at 11:30, are there usually long lines then? What would be the best time to get to the pier to avoid the long lines? I want to get on the ship as early as I can, but since my inlaws both have bad backs and can't stand for long periods, I don't want to be stuck in a long line either.

Thanks for the help!

We are usually at the pier by 10:00 am - and are the first, or among the first in line. You will have a bit of a wait, but everyone else in line is as excited as you are, so the time goes by fast! :D

We are usually at the pier by 10:00 am - and are the first, or among the first in line. You will have a bit of a wait, but everyone else in line is as excited as you are, so the time goes by fast! :D

Thanks Robyn! I think we'll probably wait until noonish before we head over to the pier. Hopefully that will minimize the standing time for Mom & Dad.

Thanks Robyn! I think we'll probably wait until noonish before we head over to the pier. Hopefully that will minimize the standing time for Mom & Dad.

You know what? We bring my folks with us each year and standing is a real issue for my dad. The nice security people have always brought a chair outside for him to sit in while we wait (this is when we are first in line and right by the door). If you can get to the pier early - I'm sure they can provide you with a chair (one of the plastic one's from the waiting area inside)....Just an idea :rolleyes:

...for the quick responses. I posted them on our Roll Call.

Just can't wait for this cruise.

Anna, I can feel your excitement!!!!!!

Have a fabulous cruise, and keep her in good shape for me, ok?? ;)

You know what? We bring my folks with us each year and standing is a real issue for my dad. The nice security people have always brought a chair outside for him to sit in while we wait (this is when we are first in line and right by the door). If you can get to the pier early - I'm sure they can provide you with a chair (one of the plastic one's from the waiting area inside)....Just an idea :rolleyes:

They did the same for my mom. We rent a scooter for her, but it is delivered to the cabin. There are usually wheelchairs available as well, so you could ask and they could sit in the wheelchair until the line moves. (Once it starts, you're on in 15 minutes.)

Has anyone been to Quest lately? We have enjoyed it in the past. On the Empress it was in the lounge and you made up your own teams. On the Explorer...in the Skating rink where they divided you into teams. Nevertheless, we never laughed so much.

Anna

Thanks for that idea. I never would have thought to ask.

Has anyone been to Quest lately? We have enjoyed it in the past. On the Empress it was in the lounge and you made up your own teams. On the Explorer...in the Skating rink where they divided you into teams. Nevertheless, we never laughed so much.

Anna

Anna - The Quest on the AOS is also in Studio B (ice skating rink). The place will be packed! You will be divided into teams.

Have fun!!!!:p:p

Archived