For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

I have a couple questions:

Do the balcony rooms have fridges?

If you purchase liquor at the duty free shop at the Pier can you bring it in your carry-on or do they take it?

In ’06 we had no problem, but not sure how they are as of recently.

I can’t remember if you go through another security check before boarding. Because it seemed like you went through one right as you enter the area....:o it's been a while

Thanks so much! I can’t wait to sail a-way!:D

We did the Barbados route though Aruba may be next for us since we loved the ship so much. The cruise director was Chris Northey. He was great - very involved and enthusiastic. My husband now does a Chris Northey impression that cracks me up. Hands down, it was the best crew we've sailed with. Everyone was so friendly and service was top notch. We made friends with Raphael at the Champagne Bar and he said the AOS satisfaction surveys are often the highest in the fleet. Our last cruise (Mariner) we had James Andrews who we also really enjoyed.

The balcony rooms do have fridges, albeit set up as mini bars. We received a bottle of wine as a welcome aboard gift and were able to fit this in the fridge along with 2 bottles of water without removing the mini bar contents.

We didn't attempt to bring liquor in our carry-ons, but you do pass through security after the pier liquor store. Some friends had luck bringing liquor onboard by putting it in their "checked" luggage. On past cruises we were able to carry bottles of wine onboard without an issue. RCC seemed more strict this time.

I could talk about our cruise all day so let me know if any other questions pop up :)

Let's see. In eleven more hours Robyn will have only 50 more days until she cruises on the AOS.

So she is now thinking..............

attachment.php?attachmentid=34784&d=1168822036YAHOO! attachment.php?attachmentid=34784&d=1168822036YAHOO! attachment.php?attachmentid=34784&d=1168822036YAHOO! attachment.php?attachmentid=34784&d=1168822036YAHOO! attachment.php?attachmentid=34784&d=1168822036YAHOO!

Alexis you make me laugh AND smile!!!!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxxo

CaribbeanSoul, There is a duty free liquor store at the main cruise port pier? I thought I remembered one. Thanks

Yes there is a duty free liquor store at the pier in San Jose but last time we were onboard a friend of mine had the 2 bottles he tried to smuggle on in his carry on confiscated and returned to him on the last night.

Toonjie :) Your family are beautiful!!! Your daughter and you should be called ME and MINI ME because she looks exactly like you!!!!!

Thanks for posting the pics!!!:D When is your next cruise??

Thanks so much! It's funny, not only does she look like me, but she has my temperament and also my swimming and water-sport love. The other ones are more like their mom. We were scheduled to do the Summit in May, but canceled because we just found out we are expecting! :) We're planning now, but it may just be me and my mom on the Seranade in May or else a land based vacation in May, hopefully in Puerto Rico along with my wife and Josiah, (the big kids are in school.)

Thanks so much! It's funny, not only does she look like me, but she has my temperament and also my swimming and water-sport love. The other ones are more like their mom. We were scheduled to do the Summit in May, but canceled because we just found out we are expecting! :) We're planning now, but it may just be me and my mom on the Seranade in May or else a land based vacation in May, hopefully in Puerto Rico along with my wife and Josiah, (the big kids are in school.)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Another little one to welcome to the world of cruising!

Congratulations Toonjie!!!!! :D:D:D

Toonjie, Congratuations, how exciting. I think you may want to RETHINK a cruise without your wife during this time - do the family vacation if you know what is good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anxious to get back to San Juan - 24 days!!!!!!!!

My husband and I were on AOS for our honeymoon in 2003. I loved the cruise, but (sadly) the thing I remember the most is the horrible airport in San Juan. We were bumped from our original return flight and had to wait at the airport for several hours. That wouldn't have been so horrible except that it was raining INSIDE the airport. Because the airport was packed, I ended up sitting on the floor next to a big trash can that was being used to catch water.

Also, if it's still available, you should definitely do the America's Cup yacht racing excursion. I think it was in St. Thomas.

I think this thread is long overdue.

Each week I see at least 2-3 posts regarding the Adventure of the Seas, people who have booked and are now afraid they made a mistake - and people who have yet to book, that may not ever book because of what they read on here.

As many of you know, I have cruised on the AOS 3 times and have had wonderful cruise vacations on all 3. I am sailing again next month on my 2nd B2B on the AOS and I am eagerly anticipating another fantastic cruise! :)

Here are a few commonly asked questions about the AOS:

Q: Does the AOS have a large amount of Puerto Ricans sailing on her for most cruises?

A: Yes, there are Puerto Rican's on cruises out of San Juan. It is their home port and I would be very surprised if they weren't.

Q: Are the announcements in Spanish as well as English?

A: Yes they are. Is it an issue? No.

Q: Are Puerto Ricans rude and rowdy?

A: No more rude and rowdy than other passengers I have seen on other ships and other itineraries. Puerto Ricans are a lively bunch :)

Q: Is the AOS a sick ship, or more prone to Noro than other ships?

A: No. The AOS has as much chance of a noro outbreak as any other ship in the RCI fleet.

Q: I have booked the AOS and after reading negative reviews, I want to cancel - what should I do?

A: You can cancel you cruise if you want, but you will be missing out on a fantastic cruise on a great ship sailing on a wonderful itinerary!

I do understand that some people have had negative experiences on the AOS - but the same can be said for any other ship. There will always be people cutting in line, pushing elevator buttons, chair hogging and the list goes on......unfortunately, some people like to leave their manners at home :(

My experiences have been terrific on the AOS and I would encourage anyone to sail on her and see for themselves what a great ship she is!!

Yes....I am an AOS cheerleader, and proud of it!!!

Thank you for you positive feedback. My sister and I are booked on AOS 04/25/10 out of San Juan and looking forward to it. I have sailed on Seranade last year and loved it. Once again thanks!:)

Thank you for you positive feedback. My sister and I are booked on AOS 04/25/10 out of San Juan and looking forward to it. I have sailed on Seranade last year and loved it. Once again thanks!:)

I am glad that you booked the AOS - you will have a wonderful cruise!!!!

A cruise is what you make it - regardless of which ship you sail ;)

Hi all

I did a search but couldn't find anything. For anyone that has stayed in a GS, can you remember what toiletries are provided in the bathroom? I don't mind about makes etc, but wonder if they provide shower gel/cream rather than the soap bars? I don't want to carry that sort of stuff from the UK if I can help it!

Thanks for any help.

Sue

Just curious Robyn, but what is the airfare from TO to SJ? The price of airfare is really keeping me away from cruising from Florida and SJ. Not to mention the horrifically long flight!

I just booked our flight to SJ from Ottawa for 04/25 it was 600 CAD a piece.

Looking for excursion ideas on the Barbados route......:rolleyes:

How about snorkelling with the Turtles. My hubby and I on the Seranade last year did this, catamaran trip and snorkelling for about 4 hrs in total. It was amazing the water was perfect. Enjoy and cruise and whatever you choose to do.

Cheers:D

Anything special going on Easter Sunday in San juan? We have a mid afternoon flight and thought we may walk around a little in town before going to the airport. Are things open? We have been to the forts, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Any craft fairs or good places to have brunch?

Anything special going on Easter Sunday in San juan? We have a mid afternoon flight and thought we may walk around a little in town before going to the airport. Are things open? We have been to the forts, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Any craft fairs or good places to have brunch?

I can't say for sure, but in my research, it sounds like there is not a lot happening on the island for tourists on Easter (or Holy Thursday or Good Friday). Have you tried looking at the San Juan tourism site to see if that gives you any ideas?

Robyn -

Help...two questions:

1) What time is muster? Is it the same as other rccl ships - all of us line up on the plank :)?

2) What time are rooms available? We are thinking of boarding early, dropping our stuff off and then heading out to San Juan for some exploration? Is that doable?

Thanks,

Tina

I am glad that you booked the AOS - you will have a wonderful cruise!!!!

A cruise is what you make it - regardless of which ship you sail ;)

Hello ckrobyn !!

As you are a Happy AOS cruiser, I was wondering if you have ever stayed in #9622 D1 deck 9 ?

We are considering booking this stateroom for Oct 2010 - Med Cruise - to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary - but am wondering about any "noise" issues as it looks quite close to the lifts !!!

I would appreciate any advice you could give me !!!

Thank You !!!

Robyn -

Help...two questions:

1) What time is muster? Is it the same as other rccl ships - all of us line up on the plank :)?

2) What time are rooms available? We are thinking of boarding early, dropping our stuff off and then heading out to San Juan for some exploration? Is that doable?

Hi there! I was on the AOS earlier this month (Barbados route) and muster was at 6pm. You don't have to wear the preservers anymore which is a nice change. Our room was available at 1:15 and our luggage was dropped off sporadically all day. The last piece arrived around 6pm. We boarded at 11:30 and sailed through check-in. The boat didn't feel busy until 230ish. Hope that helps!

They provide both in the GS. As I recall, the "upgraded" toiletries were all made in China, but the quality was fine. Your attendant will keep them in supply.

Thanks for that info. My luggage may be just a few ounces lighter now! Every bit counts.

Sue

Hi there! I was on the AOS earlier this month (Barbados route) and muster was at 6pm. You don't have to wear the preservers anymore which is a nice change. Our room was available at 1:15 and our luggage was dropped off sporadically all day. The last piece arrived around 6pm. We boarded at 11:30 and sailed through check-in. The boat didn't feel busy until 230ish. Hope that helps!

Thanks very much - I may plan an excursion now for embarkation day!

Archived