For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Robyn I saw this review. You need to take it with a grain of salt. I know I will have a wonderful time on Adventure. A cruise cannot be this bad.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=77446

What I find extremely interesting is that if you do a search for this member (jmheyjude) NOTHING shows up under that name. I would most DEFINITELY take anything you read in this review with a massive dose of salt. Also noticed that whoever this person is had pretty much nothing positive to say about any of the ports either. So ignore this review and pay more attention to those who sail AOS on a regular basis. They have more experience with the ship AND have sailed other ships and can truthfully compare experiences.

Ok, I just read the review. Yes, the Windjammer can get crowded depending on your timeing. Some of the production shows have not been to my liking. Having the same shows on the ship three years in a row did not help my perception of this matter. There was one particular show, I don't remember the name right now, which I did not like the first time that I saw it. It most certainly was not worth seeing two more times.

Aside from that, while reading the review I really could not figure out what the were using for a comparison or what their expectations were. It did not in mirror any of my experiences on this ship.

In response to the review (and not Ocean Boy):

You want crowded? Try the tiny buffet on Diamond Princess during a sea day during an Alaskan cruise. THAT's crowded.

Here are a few suggestions (and sorry if it comes across as a little strident, but please use common sense people):

A lot of times in the Windjammer I'll see 2 people sitting at a table that seats 6 or 4. Ask if you can join them. I have and usually it's no problem. Still not happy? Go to the main dining room then. Still not happy? Too bad. You're sailing on a ship with 3300 other pax. You want to dine alone then drag your tuches out of bed at 6 a.m. I can guarantee you a table all to your lonesome then.

Have to agree with you on the shows, Ocean Boy. Not my favorite part of a cruise and I don't bother going to them any more. My choice and I'm not complainin'.

Obviously the person who wrote this review is a small ship person.

Okay...time to take off my cranky pants...;):D

T

"whether this really is a thread about sharing experiences on the Adventure of the Seas, or whether this is a thread used by three or four people to pass highly personal comments and conversations among them which nobody else obviously understands.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta "

Well at least you know now, this is not the thread for you:)

Thanks for all the other recent positive posts....Our group of 23 in April are really looking forward to this cruise! And my family has such wonderful memories of our 1st AOS experience...

Question about the current shows, Do they still have the Ice Skating Show? We loved it and no one else has seen it in our future cruise group!

Also, is there dancing in the evenings, other then the Disco? Like Old Rock, with a live band? I remember that being the case on the sister ship NOS....

Dear friends:

I thought the Windjammer in January was much more crowded and more poorly managed than the Windjammer on Explorer in December. Both cruises were full.

The shows have pretty much remained the same on all Voyager class ships for a long time. But you have to admit it is thrilling when a full orchestra rises from the pit playing live music -- even though some of the production numbers seem tacky if seen many times.

Ice shows were excellent. Similar to the ice shows on Explorer last month.

I find all of the RCCL ships very similar with a similar product. Yes, certain things may seem newer or fresher or better on some ships, but in the long run RCCL is trying to provide a uniform product across the board.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

whether this really is a thread about sharing experiences on the Adventure of the Seas, or whether this is a thread used by three or four people to pass highly personal comments and conversations among them which nobody else obviously understands.

Yada, yada, yada...

With regard to reservations at Portofino....

for some reason Wednesday nights seems to the weakest menu in the main dining room and is when I find Portofino to be the most busy.

Well, we finally decided to book Saturday night for Portofino. I figured it would be best to save the best dinner for the last night. Gives you something to look forward to on the last night rather than just putting your bags in the hall.

By the way, in addition to being a huge Seinfeld fan, Mrs. Schmoopie is an even bigger Beatles fan. Is it true that there is a Beatles show onboard, and if so, what night is it? If you tell me Saturday, we may need to cancel Portofino...:eek:

Well, we finally decided to book Saturday night for Portofino. I figured it would be best to save the best dinner for the last night. Gives you something to look forward to on the last night rather than just putting your bags in the hall.

By the way, in addition to being a huge Seinfeld fan, Mrs. Schmoopie is an even bigger Beatles fan. Is it true that there is a Beatles show onboard, and if so, what night is it? If you tell me Saturday, we may need to cancel Portofino...:eek:

Cruzin German ... Sorry you aren't impressed by our sharing & keeping this thread ALIVE! BUT there are TONS of questions answered & very quickly on here ... I am very happy to have found it.

As for that very negative review ... I agree take it with a grain of salt (or a truckload) I did not run into those issues. As far as the table sharing. ... I sit where I see space & if tables have empty seats (or the empty seats are at mine) I appreciate the opportunity to meet others & chat. Once again, common sense is not common.

Mrs Schmoopie .... aaahhh the Beatles! I'm interested in the answer as well re: a Beatles show on AOS!

Whoa! Lots going on with our thread today :rolleyes:

Firstly to the folks who don't quite understand our "banter" - I apologize......maybe Seinfeld is not available in your area? :eek:

Secondly - reviews are SO subjective it kills me. Of course not everything is going to be perfect on a cruise, same as it would not be perfect on land. My advice is to roll with it - I mean seriously, are you going to let a paint chip, or a worn balcony railing ruin your vacation! These ships are in constant (and heavy) use 365 days a year and I think RCI does a great job of staying on top of the maintenance and making sure the public areas as well as cabins are kept in good shape.

Lastly, there are a lot of Adventure of the Seas fans - we all check on this thread often and answer questions to assist our fellow cruisers. This is one of the longest running threads on CC and we intend to keep it that way! :D

Yada, yada, yada...

I saw that episode last night! Hilarious!!!!!:D

About the Beatles show - I will have to contact RCI and see what the entertainment line up is for the next few months. I'll get back to you on that! :)

ok @ oceanboy...i stopped reading your posts at work,everyone thought i was crazy when i cracked up while "acting" like i was working on an acct:p

@AMYSTASIA & IMROACH3.....please sign on to our roll call for the adventure 3/27, i will also be on that sailing and we are trying to get our Meet & MINGLE PARTY GOING:D

@ JUSTIN.....I guess no superbowl party at my house:rolleyes:

@ Robyn.............thanks for starting this thread, im looking forward to sailing with all those damn loud puerto ricans, dressing up to the 9's on formal night JLO style, sitting on someones lap in the windjammer to eat my lousy food, falling asleep at the horrible shows, talking to the captain about my slow internet to post my pics on facebook AND lastly :mad:tipping those LAZY,USELESS staff,cooks waiters & bartenders (specially the bartenders;))))) yep CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would it be inappropriate to refer to my male cabin steward as my butler? I'm looking forward to someone asking me why I refer to him that way, so I can come back with, "Because he's MY butler." Okay, I know this came out of the blue, but the German folks have inspired me to continue my posts about "nothing"...

Would it be inappropriate to refer to my male cabin steward as my butler? I'm looking forward to someone asking me why I refer to him that way, so I can come back with, "Because he's MY butler." Okay, I know this came out of the blue, but the German folks have inspired me to continue my posts about "nothing"...

You can "pitch" your Butler idea to RCI and see what they think?

:rolleyes:

Hello-

Do they have sushi on board? My DH and I will be going on Adventure in March. This will be our first Royal Caribbean cruise.

Looking forward!:)

Hi there!

Yes, there is sushi onboard, although likely not what you are used to on land. You can find sushi offerings in the Windjammer at dinner time. There is no raw fish - but you can find california rolls, cucumber rolls, smoked salmon rolls etc.....

One thing to be aware of - they do not use the "sushi" soya sauce, only the really dark stuff - which is one reason I hardly ever eat the sushi! If you think of it, pack some of those little soya packets you get at the take out counter and bring then with you to the Windjammer ;)

It probably wouldn't hurt to have Mrs. Schmoopie approach one of the RCCL executives while he's having lunch and ask to borrow the ketchup.

True, and when they find out you are married - they may even give you a discount on the wash and fold laundry bag! :D

Need suggestions for Dominica, I'm a beach bum. I saw a pic on these boards with beach chairs on a black sand beach but no name of the beach....anywayzzz i want a chair, umbrella & a butler (DH) to bring me an umbrella drink:D

suggestions welcomed....

Greetings

Just booked AOS for April 17th. 20th Anniversary trip, can't wait!!!

Greetings Edmundo, and welcome! :)

Congrats on the Anniversary and you will love the ship and the fabulous itinerary! Let us know if you have any questions :D

Need suggestions for Dominica, I'm a beach bum. I saw a pic on these boards with beach chairs on a black sand beach but no name of the beach....anywayzzz i want a chair, umbrella & a butler (DH) to bring me an umbrella drink:D

suggestions welcomed....

Cookie, I'm a beach kinda girl myself - but I have heard that Dominica is not known for it's beaches :(

Dear friends:

The "town" of Dominica consisted of one walkable dockside street with a few stores and outdoor markets selling handicrafts.

The streets behind that front street were downright sleazy and appeared dangerous.

The infrastructure on the island itself is not very developed.

We were told that Dominica had some interesting rock formations and rain forest type landscape if you ventured inland.

Those on organized shore excursions appeared to have a good time.

Personally, we lasted five minutes in the "town" and turned right back to the ship to enjoy a "sea" day.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Archived