For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Hello again, need help on choosing a beach in Curacao......

Mambo beach aka Seaquarium beach which is where Breezes resort is OR

Holiday Beach where the Marriott is.....I have read the boards and they just confuse me, Cas Abao Beach has great reviews but I dont want to be so far from port plus the cab fare ranges from $40-$60 each way:eek:

I want a beach for half a day and then walk the bridge for some late lunch & shopping.....thanks

Cookie - we stayed at Breezes for a week several years ago and were not impressed with the beach whatsoever.

If you are looking for a good beach - try Cas Abao, we rented a car and spent a day there, much nicer than the beach at Breezes. I just read that you don't want a full beach day! Did you know that cab fare to Breezes is about $20 each way? Maybe try the beach near the Marriott?

I can't believe that they still have the same ice show running as they did three years ago.

I KNOW!!!!

I was instantly disappointed when I read that :(

The Freedom even switched up their ice show from Aug 2009 to when we returned in Nov 2010!!!!

Booking the adventure while on the serenade this February. Why does the Serenade not get the same negative press on this board as the AOS?

Have a read through this thread and you will see that the AOS is a fantastic ship. The folks who post to this thread have sailed on the AOS multiple times :) If you look closely enough.....you can find negative reviews at one time or another on every ship. Every cruise is as unique as the person taking it ;)

Booking the adventure while on the serenade this February. Why does the Serenade not get the same negative press on this board as the AOS?

Good question. Especially since the Serenade is now full time in San Juan while the Adventure alternates with Europe. Well, last year was the first year of that.

I've never been on the Serenade but been on the Jewel and to me Voyager and Radiance classes are two different animals altogether. The Adventure is three years older and has a larger capacity, hence, more opporunity to tick some people off.

Cookie - we stayed at Breezes for a week several years ago and were not impressed with the beach whatsoever.

If you are looking for a good beach - try Cas Abao, we rented a car and spent a day there, much nicer than the beach at Breezes. I just read that you don't want a full beach day! Did you know that cab fare to Breezes is about $20 each way? Maybe try the beach near the Marriott?

thanks Robyn, the beach near the Marriott says the view is not that great. I will follow your advice and see if maybe i can go with another group going to Cas Abao. i usually follow the advise of the pros:rolleyes:

Have a read through this thread and you will see that the AOS is a fantastic ship. The folks who post to this thread have sailed on the AOS multiple times :) If you look closely enough.....you can find negative reviews at one time or another on every ship. Every cruise is as unique as the person taking it ;)

On that note, my travel agent friend just got off the NCL EPIC and she said she wouldn't go on it again if they paid her to:eek:that goes to show, to each its own!

I hate to say this but welcome back bobj

My biggest concern is regarding luggage valet.

Can you confirm if it is available or not....

Some say yes while others say no. My flight departs in the afternoon from San Juan and just want to come up with a plan "b" in the event that this service is no longer available.

Thanks, Helen

Greetings Edmundo, and welcome! :)

Congrats on the Anniversary and you will love the ship and the fabulous itinerary! Let us know if you have any questions :D

ckrobyn

Thanks, we love the itenerary. Cruised on Navigator a few years back and loved the ship. Am wondering about the beaches in on ports, is there a charge for entrance or are they free?

ckrobyn

Thanks, we love the itenerary. Cruised on Navigator a few years back and loved the ship. Am wondering about the beaches in on ports, is there a charge for entrance or are they free?

There has never been a charge to use public beaches anywhere I have been? There will definitely be a charge to use lounge chairs and umbrellas...:rolleyes:

Any idea where I can find a list of the public beaches?

Which ports are you referring to? I can tell you which one's I have been to :) OR you can always google with key words being "public beaches" and the name of the port city.

Which ports are you referring to? I can tell you which one's I have been to :) OR you can always google with key words being "public beaches" and the name of the port city.

Would like to visit beaches in St Lucia and St Maarten. I will google as well.

Ckrobyn or anyone else cruising before April,

My family and I are doing our first AOS in April on the Barbados route. I was wondering if you would post the daily compasses and menus when you return from your trip. Also, they have changed St Lucia to St Kitts for our cruise (24th). Have you ever been there? Any idea why RCI would make that change for the last cruise before AOS moves back across the pond? Many thanks,

Reg

Ckrobyn or anyone else cruising before April,

My family and I are doing our first AOS in April on the Barbados route. I was wondering if you would post the daily compasses and menus when you return from your trip. Also, they have changed St Lucia to St Kitts for our cruise (24th). Have you ever been there? Any idea why RCI would make that change for the last cruise before AOS moves back across the pond? Many thanks,

Reg

Hi Reg,

I will try and post the compasses upon my return. I have never been to St. Kitts, only St. Lucia - not sure why they changed your itinerary? Is it just for your sailing? Very strange....maybe someone else can comment?

Thanks ckrobyn. Yes it appears to be only our cruise that is changed. Phoned RCI, but they couldn't help. We now have tours booked for St Lucia and St Kitts just in case. We'll cancel one as we get closer to cruise time. We're really looking forward to our first southern cruise.

Reg

Thanks ckrobyn. Yes it appears to be only our cruise that is changed. Phoned RCI, but they couldn't help. We now have tours booked for St Lucia and St Kitts just in case. We'll cancel one as we get closer to cruise time. We're really looking forward to our first southern cruise.

Reg

We've been to both St Lucia & St Kitts on previous cruises .... We enjoyed both islands. Guessing you will not be disappointed as they are both great locations.

Enjoy our ship & the Southern Caribbean .... I love both!

I hate to say this but welcome back bobj

My biggest concern is regarding luggage valet.

Can you confirm if it is available or not....

Some say yes while others say no. My flight departs in the afternoon from San Juan and just want to come up with a plan "b" in the event that this service is no longer available.

Thanks, Helen

Nope! They have the airline counters just past customs at the terminal stripped bare right now. Sorry.

We did the Barrachinas thing and it worked great for us!

bobj

I personally prefer St Kitts. St lucia has some gorgeous scenery, but it is often a cattle call to tour there as everyone goes to the same stuff. And their beaches are certainly nice, but usually fairly busy.

St Kitts has some of the most beautiful beaches I have seen. One I recommend heartily is Cockleshell Beach, home the Lion Bar! When we went there last, there was almost no one there! It was wonderful.

bobj

Archived