For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Robyn - Sorry to be a pest but.... me too, me too!! :D :D valyias@charter.net

We just finished with a Carnival cruise and loved it but want to try RCI too! We are going to book the AOS and would really love to see what the daily activities are as we didn't find much on the Valor. Thank you SO much!:)

Not a problem Heather - you are not a pest, and I am really happy that you are going to try RCI :)

Look for your compasses by email in the morning - they are on my PC at the office :rolleyes:

Robyn,

Could you please e-mail me a copy of the compasses also? I know you've sent them to tons of people already, but we would really appreciate it. It's our honeymoon cruise and with pre-wedding stress, the compasses would be a nice way to escape for a bit and start planning for the fun!

pip810h@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Dustin

Robyn,

Hey there I would greatly appreciate it if you could possibly email those compasses to me as well.. The cruise is also my honeymoon so with everything going on right now I would love to see what I can look forward to my first week as a married woman :)

jenscruisin@yahoo.com

Thank you

Jennifer

Okay - you guys really need to stop apologizing for asking me to send you the compasses! I scanned them to send to whoever wanted them! :D

I'm just really thrilled that so many of you are going to sail the AOS! Just promise that when you return from your cruises, you will pop in here and let us all know what an awesome time you had, ok??

Check your inboxes for the compasses tomorrow!:)

I'll just ask you to please send me a copy of the Daily Compass' from the Aruba weeks cruise Robyn. Thanks Steve. krausssj@hotmail dot com

Okay - you guys really need to stop apologizing for asking me to send you the compasses! I scanned them to send to whoever wanted them! :D

I'm just really thrilled that so many of you are going to sail the AOS! Just promise that when you return from your cruises, you will pop in here and let us all know what an awesome time you had, ok??

Check your inboxes for the compasses tomorrow!:)

Help!!!! Continental have changed the times of my flight! Will I make a 11.45am flight from San Juan on the Sunday? Also can I still use the luggage valet service?

11:45am is not a big issue as long as the ship is not held up clearing customs for any reason. I think the cut off for using luggage valet is 11:00am, but check with RCI. When we were on they had an early group with early flights that got off around 7:15am, which means they could potentially be at the airport at 8:00am. So I wouldn't worry, just do luggage valet and get off as soon as possible...this will also help you avoid the lines at the airport!

Hi robyn,

yet another request for the highly sought-after compasses. i sent you an email last night, not sure if you got it. my email is my user name (using hotmail)

booked on AOS May 4th - have been lurking on these boards for the last few weeks. the info here is absolutely priceless!!

We are back from our first cruise on AOS (March 16-23), and it was a great cruise. Beautiful ship, great food, and no norovirus. There were about 800 or so passengers from Puerto Rico onboard. That should be no more of a surprise than east coasters cruising from Cape Liberty, Texans sailing from Galveston, or Floridians sailing from FL ports.

The sailaway party is at around 8:30pm on the pool deck. If you have early seating for dinner, you shouldn't have an issue with timing.

Yes, the M&M seems to always be scheduled on Monday at 5pm which really stinks because it is formal night and those who have early seating are really rushed for time, or don't even make it to the M&M at all :(

Have a wonderful cruise on my favorite ship!!!!:D

I'm glad to hear that we won't miss the sailaway party!! I really enjoy going to them. It's a good start to my vacation.

BUT the M&M, I hope by July AOS will change the time!!!

Thank you Robyn for ALL of your answers to ALL of our questions!!

11:45am is not a big issue as long as the ship is not held up clearing customs for any reason. I think the cut off for using luggage valet is 11:00am, but check with RCI. When we were on they had an early group with early flights that got off around 7:15am, which means they could potentially be at the airport at 8:00am. So I wouldn't worry, just do luggage valet and get off as soon as possible...this will also help you avoid the lines at the airport!

Thank you for that. How far away is the airport? Are taxis readily available?:)

Thank you for that. How far away is the airport? Are taxis readily available?:)

We were off the ship at about 9 a.m. and arrived at the airport by 9:30 - probably sooner. Taxis are readily available at the port, and I personally wouldn't bother paying $20/pp to have the bags sent ahead. You have to pick up the luggage to go through customs, so you might as well take it to the taxi stand and go straight to the airport. Many airlines seem to have the self-service check-in kiosks, so you don't have to wait in line forever to check-in and check your bags.

For those that have sailed already can you please help:

I always buy my own airfare because I always sailout of Florida.

Next year we are on the AOS and sailing out of San Juan. I have opted to do RCI air. I am a Diamond member, so I think custom air fee is waived. It is also Easter week, so a very busy and expensive week to travel.

My question is has anyone flown from JFK to SJU using custom RCI air, and could tell me what airline they used and what flights.

Thanks

Hi Everyone... Hey Robyn, glad to see your posts now that you are back. How was the Barbados route? What excursions did you take? Dr. Seuss.. here is where our fellow cruisers are?!! There are very few on the roll call. I booked one excursion with Cosol in St. Lucia but am not booked for anything else. How about you folks? We usually book through the cruise lines so this is an out of the box trip for us. I am checking the boards a lot to have something great to look forward to. Can't wait to start packing the bags and stress about how much stuff I am taking!

Sue:cool:

Hi Everyone... Hey Robyn, glad to see your posts now that you are back. How was the Barbados route? What excursions did you take? Dr. Seuss.. here is where our fellow cruisers are?!! There are very few on the roll call. I booked one excursion with Cosol in St. Lucia but am not booked for anything else. How about you folks? We usually book through the cruise lines so this is an out of the box trip for us. I am checking the boards a lot to have something great to look forward to. Can't wait to start packing the bags and stress about how much stuff I am taking!

Sue:cool:

Sue - we always sail the AOS in late February/early March, so there is no opportunity to do the Barbados route :o Maybe one day.......

Sue - we always sail the AOS in late February/early March, so there is no opportunity to do the Barbados route :o Maybe one day.......

Robyn

what was your aternate route when you did the B2B......I know you did the Aruba route.....I know when we go in May the alternate route goes to Barbados

Robyn.....Can't believe you haven't done the Barbados Route!! It's great. On this last trip .....what did you do? The same itinerary both weeks?

Dr.Seuss.....Don't stress....you should be fine. There are plenty of taxi's available to get to the airport. It's about a 15 minute ride.

To all those curious folks who are wondering what route(s) I did on my b2b a few weeks ago......Yes - I did the same route twice! The Aruba route :) The AOS only does the Aruba route in Feb/March, so there is no chance to do Barbados at that time of year. I believe the AOS starts the 'B' route sometime in April. Honestly, I love the Aruba route, so doing it twice is amazing! Kinda cuts down on the stress of trying to fit everything into one week - 'cause I get to do it all over again! :D

Robyn,

Mind if I join the compass crusade? We leave in less than 2 weeks and I would love to give the compasses a once over before we go. My e-mail address is the same as my CC user name at gmail dot com.

Thank you!

No problem - check your email tomorrow morning :)

Archived