Princess Aruba Excursions - Help Please!

Ya Ya Cruiser

There are three Princess excursions available on the Coral (short time in Port) that we are looking at and, having never been to Aruba before would appreciate anyone's comments, input or suggestions.

1. Catamaran and snorkel the Antilla - 3 hours

2. Catamaran and snorkel then beach stop and lunch at Pelican Pier - 4 hours

3. Beach Snorkel at Boca Catalina and then Palm Beach for R n R - 4 hours.

We love the water, we're experienced snorkellers (former divers) and love the beach - not really for sunbathing - but just the whole beach, water, experience. Any help in making this decision is greatly appreciated.

YaYa Cruiser

We did the 3 hour Sail & Snorkel. To be honest we found the waters in Aruba more cloudy and so we felt the snorkeling was not as great as what we have done in the Florida Keys, Mexican Riviera and Jamaica. We did make a stop at a ship wreck and that was interesting to see.

I went kinda crazy in Aruba and did back to back excursions...I went to the butterfly farm/beach excursion and then onto the sail and snorkel which took place on a catamaran. I enjoyed the catamaran ride, crew was fun, relaxing sail along island, rum drinks after snorkeling, etc. You get to snorkel in one spot which isn't the greatest for visibility, but if conditions allow you also get to snorkel at a shipwreck site which was pretty cool. The catamaran ride is DIRECTLY in front of the ship (if it's the same one I went on). I really enjoyed the Coral.

I was on he crown last year and got to snorkel in two spots. I would do the first one. the ship was col and so many fish. the lunch at number 2 was BBQ and yuo ahd to buy yuor own drink. beach was nice but all i saw was Princess towels. i did swim there.

do the first or go to the beach on yuor own. sorry about the short stay. you need a day there to relax and then shop. good shopping town also.

Thanks for all the info. I really appreciate your help.

Serene 56 - #2 is $79.00 - the reason I was sticking to the ship's tours is the short time in port - ship sails at 2:00 pm. The Princess tours leave at 7:30 am to fit them in.

Ellbon, thanks for your comments - we've never snorkelled a ship wreck before - I think your choices are the two top considerations - either that or take the Best of Aruba sightseeing with an hour stop at Palm Beach.

Decisions, decisions - litlvxn I'm glad you enjoyed the Coral - we can't wait!!

Best regards,

YaYa

Thanks for all the info. I really appreciate your help.

Serene 56 - #2 is $79.00 - the reason I was sticking to the ship's tours is the short time in port - ship sails at 2:00 pm. The Princess tours leave at 7:30 am to fit them in.

Ellbon, thanks for your comments - we've never snorkelled a ship wreck before - I think your choices are the two top considerations - either that or take the Best of Aruba sightseeing with an hour stop at Palm Beach.

Decisions, decisions - litlvxn I'm glad you enjoyed the Coral - we can't wait!!

Best regards,

YaYa

The Antilla snorkel is excellent. Literally thousands of schooling fish. It's a great experience. Do it, you won't be sorry!!:)

2pm---yuck :eek:

We went to aruba on a cruise last sept and taking our first land vacation back to aruba for this sept. Been to a few islands and Aruba just took my breath away.

Can you snorkle the antilla wreck on your own or do you need an excursion?

Archived