Do not like crusing

Alymo1

Hi,

Just to make sure we start of right I love cruising more than ? well you know what i mean.

My wife had wanted to go on a cruise for many years. NOT ME. I did not want to be stuck in a place i did not like with no freedom and be treated like sheep. (Now I joke and say Ba Ba) Ha.

Anyway my wife forced me to go through blackmail and ever since i have been an addict, I booked the next cruises.

When we return we are so pumped and excited we talk lots of people into going and guess what over half did not like it?????????????/

We felt guilty that we were the reason they went a spent all that money.

After some analytical observation I think i know the type of people who will like it and those that don't.

THE DONT'S

They usually don't go on holidays.

They usually don't like meeting people.

They usually don't like new experiences.

They don't like fun.

and

They are very fussy with food.

THE DO'S

They love stuff

I guess we tried to encourage the wrong people to go cruising. Even being stuck with them on one.

Do you think I'm right or being a bit prejudice.

I love cruisin because I can!

I love going on holiday 4 times a year because I can!

And if I couldnt then I never would have fell in love with cruising.

Peoples wants are different and I cant believe that some disslike cruising or find it mediocre when I think it is so good? Some people just want too much in life,perhaps its them and not the cruise? Happyness comes from within not from whats out there.

Den.

No...I think you are pretty much on the mark. It takes a special kind of person to love cruising.

1. Must have a love of adventure.

2. Must be open to new experiences.

3. Must love a social drink.

4. Must be able to talk to anybody.

5. Must be able to dribble on cruise forums.

6. Must wear a soppy look on their face whenever looking at cruise brochures.

7. Must dream about their next cruise.

8. Must be flexible and ready for change at the last moment.

9. Must have a spiritual connection with the sea (scotch for Chez)

10. Must have a sense of FUN!!

:D

Ok i totally agree with this, im young and love travelling i was lucky enough to travel when I was younger with my family so i love going overseas.... Although i have never been on a cruise before, it apeals to me so much, relaxing, meeting new people, drinking, partying, exploring, visiting different comunities, lots of food etc :p

Im only 21 and i tried getting a group of us to go or at least 4 so that we could have a quad cabin, but no one wanted to come except my best mate and I, everyone just brings up the Diane Brimble thing etc!!! Its realy frustrating cause that kind of thing can happen anywhere at any time!!

I suppose its their loss for not coming and for those people who DO NOT enjoy it obviously dont know how to live life, cause life is what u make it and if you want the cruise to be great fun it will be but if you dont want it to be good of course its not going to be good!!!! :cool:

Hi,

Just to make sure we start of right I love cruising more than ? well you know what i mean.

My wife had wanted to go on a cruise for many years. NOT ME. I did not want to be stuck in a place i did not like with no freedom and be treated like sheep. (Now I joke and say Ba Ba) Ha.

Anyway my wife forced me to go through blackmail and ever since i have been an addict, I booked the next cruises.

When we return we are so pumped and excited we talk lots of people into going and guess what over half did not like it?????????????/

We felt guilty that we were the reason they went a spent all that money.

After some analytical observation I think i know the type of people who will like it and those that don't.

THE DONT'S

They usually don't go on holidays.

They usually don't like meeting people.

They usually don't like new experiences.

They don't like fun.

and

They are very fussy with food.

THE DO'S

They love stuff

I guess we tried to encourage the wrong people to go cruising. Even being stuck with them on one.

Do you think I'm right or being a bit prejudice.

I love the spirit of your list, but I guess it applies to most holiday travels. Anyone who is into the dont's -

Do not holiday

Spend holidays with relatives every year

Have the same spot in a caravan park every year.

I disagree with one item on the list though. We arrived back from Sun Princess last Wednesday, and for the 12 nights previous, we ate some of the best meals ever. My wife has a special gluten free diet, and has every right to be fussy with food. Her needs were met fantastically, as were those with diabetic and low calorie meals.

If you are a fussy eater, cruising is for you too!

Cheers

Ok i totally agree with this, im young and love travelling i was lucky enough to travel when I was younger with my family so i love going overseas.... Although i have never been on a cruise before, it apeals to me so much, relaxing, meeting new people, drinking, partying, exploring, visiting different comunities, lots of food etc :p

Im only 21 and i tried getting a group of us to go or at least 4 so that we could have a quad cabin, but no one wanted to come except my best mate and I, everyone just brings up the Diane Brimble thing etc!!! Its realy frustrating cause that kind of thing can happen anywhere at any time!!

I suppose its their loss for not coming and for those people who DO NOT enjoy it obviously dont know how to live life, cause life is what u make it and if you want the cruise to be great fun it will be but if you dont want it to be good of course its not going to be good!!!! :cool:

Once you are home from your cruise you will realize just how much of a loss it was to them,at your age you and your friend will have a ball espacially in the nightclub,the security is quite tight in there so you would have to be a bit silly to be taken advantage of.You said b4 that you like to get a bit drunk so just ask security to keep their eye on you b4 you get tippsy ,they look out for your interests especially two young women cruising together,make shure you take lots of photo's then rub them in your other friends face's,in a nice way that is.

Den.

Once you are home from your cruise you will realize just how much of a loss it was to them,at your age you and your friend will have a ball espacially in the nightclub,the security is quite tight in there so you would have to be a bit silly to be taken advantage of.You said b4 that you like to get a bit drunk so just ask security to keep their eye on you b4 you get tippsy ,they look out for your interests especially two young women cruising together,make shure you take lots of photo's then rub them in your other friends face's,in a nice way that is.

Den.

hehehe yes i plan on getting so many pictures to make everyone realise what they missed out on, i dont think they understand what its like to travel overseas and see the rest of the world...

Yep we love a good drink but never leave each others sides when we go out, so are there to keep an eye on each other :) and im sure we will get looked after by the staff & security after reading everyones fantastic reviews....

Im really wanting to book a New Years cruise for 08/09 and will hopefully get a group together after going on this one and showing them what a GREAT time we had :D

I think i have joined all you cruise addicts and i havent even been yet haha

I love the spirit of your list, but I guess it applies to most holiday travels. Anyone who is into the dont's -

Do not holiday

Spend holidays with relatives every year

Have the same spot in a caravan park every year.

I disagree with one item on the list though. We arrived back from Sun Princess last Wednesday, and for the 12 nights previous, we ate some of the best meals ever. My wife has a special gluten free diet, and has every right to be fussy with food. Her needs were met fantastically, as were those with diabetic and low calorie meals.

If you are a fussy eater, cruising is for you too!

Cheers

Good point about the food and noted.

I agree that you have to be a bit strange not to enjoy the food but i have seen it for my own eyes people who were dissatisfied with the food.

You have just proven that even for someone that requires a special diet you can be satisfied. I would not call gluten free diet fussy but necessary.

Still a good point.

Regarding people 'knocking' cruising - I think in lots of cases it is that they don't know what they are talking about. Several years ago we were going regularly, I had a few separate people throwing off at us, but when they eventually went on a cruise, their attitude changed totally. They each said "But we didn't know!"

Regarding food and special diets - A friend of mind went on the Sun recently and explained her food allergies to the waiter. Although she was worried before she went, she had no problems at all and was looked after with a smile.:):) (or two). She is now booking on two more cruises!!

This will be my third cruise well civilian cruise anyway as i served in the navy for 10years, and i really dont know how anybody could not enjoy it,

you get to meet the nicest ppl (still in contact with couples met in 03 and 07 ) hope you have the best time and look forward to your review.:D

Archived