2 Day Dawn Cruise to nowhere...

tw67

My cousin was thinking about going on this 2 day cruise to nowhere out of NY on April 18. I am not familiar with NCL, or the cruise to nowhere, but I thought that this might be more of a party atmosphere than she was looking for. I told her I would ask on CruiseCritic, and let her know!!

There would be a total of 3 kids under the age of 5. They were looking for a quick getaway for my Aunt's birthday. I thought that a 2 day might be more a party atmosphere, and not a lot for the kids to do. I also thought that in April the pools would be chilly. Before kids they had all cruised before, and I am not sure if they would use the kids club on the ship.

So I am asking for advice to pass on to her. I would hate to tell her, yea, great idea and then find it was all just couples and a party time (of course if it is maybe I will look into it for my husband and I!!!)

Also, how are they on the ship with kids who have severe peanut allergies?

I would appreciate all feedback!!

Thanks!!

Terry

My cousin was thinking about going on this 2 day cruise to nowhere out of NY on April 18. I am not familiar with NCL, or the cruise to nowhere, but I thought that this might be more of a party atmosphere than she was looking for. I told her I would ask on CruiseCritic, and let her know!!

There would be a total of 3 kids under the age of 5. They were looking for a quick getaway for my Aunt's birthday. I thought that a 2 day might be more a party atmosphere, and not a lot for the kids to do. I also thought that in April the pools would be chilly. Before kids they had all cruised before, and I am not sure if they would use the kids club on the ship.

So I am asking for advice to pass on to her. I would hate to tell her, yea, great idea and then find it was all just couples and a party time (of course if it is maybe I will look into it for my husband and I!!!)

Also, how are they on the ship with kids who have severe peanut allergies?

I would appreciate all feedback!!

Thanks!!

Terry

One and two nighters tend to be very much a party type crowd. We did three one-nighters last year, and to tell the truth, there were very few children on board. It's probably not a great family outing as most people will be cramming in as much partying as they can for the time period available.

We do the 2nighter once a year and leave the kids home. My kids love to cruise but this is a more partying cruise and nice to get away from kids. It is a lot of fun.

But, I do see maybe 10-20 kids onboard and they seem to be having a good time. Im just happy mine are not with me :) so I can stay out and not worry about them.

I also say forget about the pools in April. Unless the kids use the kids club, my vote is don't take them.

Just what I would do. Good luck!

PS, if my choice was to go on that cruise with my kids, or don't go at all, I would take them. (I have 3 kids -3yr,7yr,9yr old)

Thank you all for your responses! It is how I felt, but it is nice to have confirmation!! I am just afraid that they will get on the ship and realize there is nothing family friendly or anything for the kids to do!

Terry

I have a question about this cruise also. My wife and I are booked on this two nighter also..4th with NCL, 3rd on Dawn (love that ship), and 1st without kids :D . My question is once they leave NY harbour where do they go--east ? north ? or south ?. was hoping they will go south so we can enjoy a little warmer weather and maybe be able to spend some time on deck. We were on RCCL EOS in Nov. out of Bayone and by the next day weather was a little warmer. Any past cruisers coments would be apreciated..:)

I have a question about this cruise also. My wife and I are booked on this two nighter also..4th with NCL, 3rd on Dawn (love that ship), and 1st without kids :D . My question is once they leave NY harbour where do they go--east ? north ? or south ?. was hoping they will go south so we can enjoy a little warmer weather and maybe be able to spend some time on deck. We were on RCCL EOS in Nov. out of Bayone and by the next day weather was a little warmer. Any past cruisers coments would be apreciated..:)

We did the 2 nighter in Oct and we went off the south shore of Long Island. There were times being pushed along with the current. It was not the best weather for using the outside.

We're going back for the 2 day in April 2008. It is nothing like a longer cruise, but we had a great time with my son and his friend. A real party atmosphere.

Happy Crusing

Archived