orient

Scorpiorose

ok...ok....I've decided on a great beach day at Orient! This will be our one total beach day, hope I made the right choice. Questions:

1. Is it clean? I dont like trash littered beaches or dirty butt littered beaches.

2. I like people around, music, beach bars and such as long as it's not crazy busy and I can enjoy the beauty of the beach and the waves....

Thanks all!!!

oh, someone had a great site that showed all the beach bars and the entire view of orient beach, anyone still have that web sit?

ok...ok....I've decided on a great beach day at Orient! This will be our one total beach day, hope I made the right choice. Questions:

1. Is it clean? I dont like trash littered beaches or dirty butt littered beaches.

2. I like people around, music, beach bars and such as long as it's not crazy busy and I can enjoy the beauty of the beach and the waves....

Thanks all!!!

oh, someone had a great site that showed all the beach bars and the entire view of orient beach, anyone still have that web sit?

Just back from the cruise and I hit Orient

1. Yes it is a clean beach

2. There are plenty of people around, rent a lounger, umbrella & some places include a drink (Le String has a deal for $8).. Ray, the owner is a great guy...

http://home.carolina.rr.com/photos2005/LargeOrientPanorama.htm

How are the "bikini" and "La Playa" areas of the beach?

Are there bathroom facilities, snacks and drinks easily accessable at these areas?

Someone on another thread recommended Esmeralda Resort but by the panoramic picture I see a green sludgy river going into the sea right next to it. :confused: :eek: :(

It seems the Le String area is pretty close to the Club Orient area where I have read has the highest intensity of nudity. We prefer to use our imagination rather than seeing what everyone has to offer. :p

How are the "bikini" and "La Playa" areas of the beach?

Are there bathroom facilities, snacks and drinks easily accessable at these areas?

Someone on another thread recommended Esmeralda Resort but by the panoramic picture I see a green sludgy river going into the sea right next to it. :confused: :eek: :(

It seems the Le String area is pretty close to the Club Orient area where I have read has the highest intensity of nudity. We prefer to use our imagination rather than seeing what everyone has to offer. :p

The "sludgy river" is just a place where precipitation drains from open land areas to the ocean. There is no problem with that drainage.

Club O is a clothing optional resort. In almost all cases anyone in the nude wears a small cover-up (or pareo) if they walk past Pedro's to the major section of the beach. Pedro's is a dividing line. I wouldn't worry about Le String having any intensity of nudity.

As an observation, I would suggest you just take a walk down the beach when you arrive and pick a spot that's in your comfort zone. It seems a little odd that a visitor would worry much about the exact location they will be sitting on a 1.5 mile long beach many months prior to reaching the island. But maybe that's the case with local restaurants too?? ;)

It seems a little odd that a visitor would worry much about the exact location they will be sitting on a 1.5 mile long beach many months prior to reaching the island. But maybe that's the case with local restaurants too?? ;)

Gee Wiz, I didn't realize there was a certain time frame questions were aloud before a trip. :cool:

I just saw your posts and thought it was a good chance to get detailed info as it seems you are able to compare all of the beaches. The beach is our top priority when we get off the ship. We have been disappointed a couple of times in the past when we have gone to "the most beautiful beach in the Caribbean" because it wasn't what WE like about the beach.

What better way to get info than from people who have actually been there and can give their honest opinion?

And even better, information from someone like you who has spent longer than a day there and can compare and give details. :)

If you do a search for "Orient" you'll find one of my lengthy posts where I discuss ideas for finding the perfect spot at Orient. In summary it says to walk down the beach and check it out. There are numerous variables that change from day-to-day. It all comes down to personal preferences and comfort zone. What's good for me....is good for ME.

Some folks have a real issue with either nudity or partial nudity. In that case that may be an overwhelming criteria. Others may have a problem with wave action, while still more may focus on budget.

If you like crowds, high prices and want to be with other cruisers, Bikini Beach is ideal. If you want live music and tight spaces, Pedros would work. If you want to be in the buff, Club O is the place.

So yes, advance planning on where to sit many months in advance could be viewed by some in a different perspective.

Hi I just went to Orient Beach at Christmas time with my Teens and no problems. The taxi (mini vans) take you right from the pier and charge per person based on how many in your party. If your with 2 find another 2 and price is like $ 6 pp. They dropped us off at Bikini and we walked to the right and camped out at Le String $ 8 chair, umbrella & drink ($ 6 by itself) great deal.

As for the nudity, there was sparse toplessness all from Pedro's all the way to the left. Cross the rocks at pedro's and enter another world if you dare. I did and when in Rome, well you know what I mean.

View my Webshots at the following link and if you want more info on St Maarten, check out my Website by my signature. Enjoy your trip, I did :) . http://community.webshots.com/user/CanukCruisers .

Canuk

Consider this another vote for Orient Beach. We were there in July - absolutely gorgeous place. We camped out at The Pirate. They took really good care of us. Chair and umbrella rentals and some great food. They also have tickets for restroom facilities just across the little road that runs behind all the bars.

Consider this another vote for Orient Beach. We were there in July - absolutely gorgeous place. We camped out at The Pirate. They took really good care of us. Chair and umbrella rentals and some great food. They also have tickets for restroom facilities just across the little road that runs behind all the bars.

Interesting, you need tickets to use the potty?

Is there usually a charge if you are not given tickets?

Many, if not most, of the 'potty' facilities along Orient will be pay-per-use unless you are renting chairs or buying drinks or lunch, etc., or you just sneak in when nobody is watching.

gary

At least there are some, that is the main thing ;)

Are they clean? :confused:

Gee Wiz, I didn't realize there was a certain time frame questions were aloud before a trip. :cool:

I just saw your posts and thought it was a good chance to get detailed info as it seems you are able to compare all of the beaches. The beach is our top priority when we get off the ship. We have been disappointed a couple of times in the past when we have gone to "the most beautiful beach in the Caribbean" because it wasn't what WE like about the beach.

What better way to get info than from people who have actually been there and can give their honest opinion?

And even better, information from someone like you who has spent longer than a day there and can compare and give details. :)

Don't let them get to you. There are a few "experts" on this board.

What kills me is someone simply asks a question. No one is forcing ANYONE to reply so either ignore the post, answer it AND PLEASE keep your editorials to yourself.

I, like this poster enjoy asking a lot of questions. It helps make intelligent decisions to save time. It also IMHO gives one a chance to extend the vacation before it even starts by thinking,talking and deciding the best plan.

Glen

I'm in the same boat as Glen and Jillyfish (no pun intended). It's a high of negative degree's where I live today. Forgive me for indulging in my upcoming cruise plans ;) Also, traveling with a larger party it's nice to have a "plan of attack" so we at least have a starting point. We'll go w/the flow and change spots if need be - but nice to have a frame of reference! Thanks to all those with the helpful posts on locations and what's what! :)

Don't let them get to you. There are a few "experts" on this board.

What kills me is someone simply asks a question. No one is forcing ANYONE to reply so either ignore the post, answer it AND PLEASE keep your editorials to yourself.

I, like this poster enjoy asking a lot of questions. It helps make intelligent decisions to save time. It also IMHO gives one a chance to extend the vacation before it even starts by thinking,talking and deciding the best plan.

Glen

Thanks for your post Glen, I appreciate it. :)

Looking forward to and planning are part of the fun of the trip.

Enjoy!!

If you like crowds, high prices and want to be with other cruisers, Bikini Beach is ideal. If you want live music and tight spaces, Pedros would work. If you want to be in the buff, Club O is the place.

What's the fourth choice if you don't like high prices, tight spaces, or total nudity?

• 2 weeks later...

Spurs Fans---We are going to Pirate beach in May, and I have a a few questions, if you would not mind ansewing.

1. How much were the chairs, did it come with a umbella and drink?

2. What kind of food did you have and how were the prices?

3.Was there music playing or a band there?

4.Was there jet skis or parasailing nearby, how close?

5.How was the beach area and any problem with gettting a taxi back to the ship?

Thanks, kmbb

KMBB, the board is so messed up, my response will not post.... will try again.

I believe it was $12 for two lounge chairs, umbrella and two drinks. The food was excellent! We had grilled or barbqued mahi mahi. Lots of food for not much price. The jet ski rental was close by as well. I do not remember about the music, but my wife says it was good and not too loud. The beach is beautiful in that location.

Our taxi driver that dropped us off asked us what time we wanted to be picked up. He was there quite a bit early and waited for us. Also, the people at the Pirate had said they would arrange a taxi if he had not shown up, so no worries there. It was a great place and one of the highlights of the vacation.

Archived