Bucket -o-beer

LOWTYD

Does any know the cost fo the bucket (or helmet or whatever they put the beer in now) on the GEM? I was on the Spirit last year and got a helmet of 5 or 6 Corona's or Buds but I can't remeber the cost. I'm trying to budget my trip.:p

Thanks

They also sell them in 10 beer configurations as well... (do the math).

Imported beers are more expensive than domestic obviously. Also, they have 16 oz aluminum bottles that also cost more per unit. I believe 10 of these were about 51.00, but of course they held more, so they were a bit more.

Also - watch the dallies. On the Pearl last year, they had several days with buy one, get one free specials. So our gang bought a bucket and got a bucket free (still had to pay the deposit on the buckets). If you don't drink them all in one night...remember you can always ask for more ice for the bucket or take them back to the room and put them in the fridge for the next night! (The special aren't every night and it can sure save a few dollars if you take advantage of the specials!)

Hope this helps.

Is the beer in the "bucket" is part of the Bar Set-Up?

At $3.95+15%, is it the same price as if you just buy a beer at the bar?

It's not part of the bar setup. They have posts out near the pool that sells the helmets full of ice and the beer of your choice. You carry it around wit you leave it near your deck chairs to share with your loved ones (or not). Another gimmick ($5 depoit on helmet) but if you buy 5 get one free, I guess the savings could add up after a few helmets.

I don't know how much bar set up vs. helmet's are. If anyone know how much bar set up beer is let us know.

According to the Ship Coordinator, domestic beer is $3.95+15% in the Bar Set-Up and they have a dozen or so types. There is a +$3.00 charge for delivery, but I am assuming that is per order, not per bottle. I suppose I could be wrong, but I hope not.

Libby

Are all the beer prices the same on all ships, including buckets??? Thanks

I belive the domestic vs. imports will be different. As stated above by cruizinwithkids, you buy 5 beer and get one free with the buckets/helmets. @ $3.95 each (Miller Lite) plus the 15% gratuity. If you got 6 seprate beers it would be $3.95 each + 15%=$4.60 x 6 would be $27.60. For 6 in bucket (buy 5 get one free if that is indeed the way it works) that would be $19.75 plus $15% = $22.70, savings of $5. f you got a bucket a day, you would save $35 on a 7 day cruise.:)

Drink up!

Archived