Live on the Emerald for Jan 15 to Feb 4

vickie_bernie

thanks for doing a live thread - my parents are joining the Emerald next Friday so I will be following your progress.

Please tell your parents about our meet and greet for next Friday the 25th. The info is here on this thread on Larry F's signature.

If they are on line, suggest to them to join our roll call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=425826

He will be, he always sets up the new ones. :)

That's what I though as well but while we were on the CB this past New Year's we aksed the Maitre'D about Generosso and he said he was waffling about setting up another new ship. Seems he's a little tired of it!!! I'm hoping he will be there since if he is, our favourite waiter, Sergio will be with him.

Vickie....Thanks for the live updates. We will be on Feb. 24 and can't wait for our meet and greet. I made arrangements with Princess to meet in "Skywalkers and was just wondering how you managed to get the CD and captain there. That would be very nice. Did Princess spring for any of your drinks or did you have a cash bar?

Hopes for nice weather and a great cruise to you!

Vickie....Thanks for the live updates. We will be on Feb. 24 and can't wait for our meet and greet. I made arrangements with Princess to meet in "Skywalkers and was just wondering how you managed to get the CD and captain there. That would be very nice. Did Princess spring for any of your drinks or did you have a cash bar?

Hopes for nice weather and a great cruise to you!

No princess didn't spring for drinks but it was too early for drinks... they had snacks (nuts etc). Brian arranged for the staff attending, they allready knew how big our group was too.

Lisa I will tell your parents hi from you.... boy was your Dad drunk last night :eek:

We got our confirmation for the Chef's Table, we are going on Monday the 21st, but they are doing at least 2 dinners, as there is one tonight too.

WE are in ARuba and it is hot and humid and it is only 9 am.

Watched Muts last night, very very windy but warm.

Some people in the internet cafe are complaining about it being slow but I am having no problem so it really depends on teh brower you go to for email.

Older crowd but boy are they fun! But of course like all sailings you have the complainers and we just listen, nod and then laugh about it afterwards.

The morning show is a hoot! Bernie got many birthday wishes from so many of our CC roll call friends, it is just like sailing with family.

Well we are off to see ARuba.

Oh yeah we did our cabin crawl yesterday, huge success. We had five cabins host, we had 2 inside, 2 balconies and 1 suite. Each host served drinks and snacks (whatever they could get from the ship restaurants) everyone brought hostess gifts (again were asked not to spend money but to be imaginative -- oh there were some funny ones) We had about 25 attend, yes all in an inside, great pics and great laughs were had by all we even got the steward involved!

Cheers, till later.

Oh yeah we did our cabin crawl yesterday, huge success. We had five cabins host, we had 2 inside, 2 balconies and 1 suite. Each host served drinks and snacks (whatever they could get from the ship restaurants) everyone brought hostess gifts (again were asked not to spend money but to be imaginative -- oh there were some funny ones) We had about 25 attend, yes all in an inside, great pics and great laughs were had by all we even got the steward involved!

Cheers, till later.

How do the hosts acquire the drinks?:confused:

You will enjoy Chef Table. The matre de and Chef are great. We just got off Emerald Jan 15 and found it a wonderufl ship and experience (and this is with 23 Princess cruises). Heard good things about Sabatini and Crown Grill also on our cruise. Have a great time. Also, the International Cafe is a wonderful idea, great place to stop after shopping, touring etc. They have a coffee card program which will also saver.

[quote name='POLSON']Have some wine at the wine bar Vines - That was my hangout during my contract - I just left on the 15th. Say hi to Marco for me - he is from Portugal and is such a nice person.

Pamela[/quote]

What did you do on the ship? We were there in November and return in February. I will try Vines this time. Does Marco tend bar at Vines? I was partial to the Lobby Bar in November.

Thanks for the LIVE thread.

Woo Hoo ! a wine Bar ! DW is going to like that !
Hi Vicki and Bernie, a pair of the "Motley Cruisers" checking in ! Thanks for the live updates and we are looking forward to meeting you next Friday.
Have a great time.............Gregg and Barb

Glad to see that you are having a great time on the Emerald. Practically everyone on our board is now reading this one to see how things are. We will see you a week from today.

My only request is that if you go to the Crown Grille for dinner, tell us how it is. We are planning to go there sometime on our trip.

Don't want to burn up your internet minutes, so enjoy yourself and just wait until our bunch gets on board. Tell them to order extra alcohol for us!

Take care, enjoy, and if you need anything from us to buy for you before we board, let us know.

BTW, Greg and Barb, our cabins are right next to each other. That is of course you are still on the Caribe Deck.

Scott, Myrla, Alan and Edie

Thanks for your updates Vickie. It sounds like you are having a great time! Can't wait to here about your time in Aruba...

How was the weather on your first sea day? Was it really as difficult to find lounge chairs? Have you seen the Sanctuary...is it worth the $10??

We'd like to do the Chef's Table, but we may not arrive until 1 or 2 pm...would we be too late if we put our request that late in the day??

Could you tell the CD about our Meet and Greet on the 25th and see if he and others could come visit us at the Outrigger bar??

I could ask many more questions, but heck, we'll be on the ship with you in seven days from now and want some things to be a surprise!

Keep having a great time!

Larry

[quote name='cruzfiend']Oh yeah we did our cabin crawl yesterday, huge success. We had five cabins host, we had 2 inside, 2 balconies and 1 suite. Each host served drinks and snacks (whatever they could get from the ship restaurants) everyone brought hostess gifts (again were asked not to spend money but to be imaginative -- oh there were some funny ones) We had about 25 attend, yes all in an inside, great pics and great laughs were had by all we even got the steward involved!

Cheers, till later.[/quote]

How do the hosts acquire the drinks?:confused:[/quote]

The hosts brought drinks on, mainly wine, we brought a small bottle of vodka just for the crawl and served Greyhounds (vodka and grapefruit juice), others served wine, ice tea (the dry cabin)

[quote name='scomyrwil']Glad to see that you are having a great time on the Emerald. Practically everyone on our board is now reading this one to see how things are. We will see you a week from today.

My only request is that if you go to the Crown Grille for dinner, tell us how it is. We are planning to go there sometime on our trip.

Don't want to burn up your internet minutes, so enjoy yourself and just wait until our bunch gets on board. Tell them to order extra alcohol for us!

Take care, enjoy, and if you need anything from us to buy for you before we board, let us know.

BTW, Greg and Barb, our cabins are right next to each other. That is of course you are still on the Caribe Deck.

Scott, Myrla, Alan and Edie[/quote]

Can't wait to meet my next roll call group. Our current group is huge, and it is nice to run into everyone throughout the ship and in port.

I am wearing my cruisecritic t-shirt and so many people keep coming up and asking about it, good and bad thinking I am a critic.

Have 250 free minutes on internet for both bernie and me so that should cover us till the next cruise so not using up my minutes too bad.

With regards to Crown and/or Sabatinis, since we are doing the Chef's Table this cruise we will do a specialty restaurant next cruise, not sure which or both?

Archived