dakrewser

Here it is, my 500th post to CC, 99% of which have been here on the HAL forum.

When I joined, only about 8 short weeks ago, I didn't know how much I'd be drawn into this world. But it is addictive! At this rate, I'll have by blue ribbon (and free cruse) by next June!

<aside> That's a joke, folks. See the Blue Ribbon thread in Floataway Lounge for an explanation. </aside>

I've laughed, I've cried, I've sung and I've danced, but it's never, ever dull around here.

Thank you all for keeping my mind on the important things in life (cruising and enjoying life to the full) and putting the more mundane aspects (like work) in proper perspective. My editor, though (I write for a living) thinks we're all, well, not quite right in the head (but then, she's never taken a cruise).

-davehappyship.gif

Dreaming a bit about the Mexican Riviera next January, probably Alaska next September and maybe, just maybe, Antarctica next December.

Congratulations, Dave.

I sure am happy you found and joined us here at CC. You add SO Much to the Board and I enjoy all of your posts.

Keep the great posts coming......hopefully we'll both sail on the 'same free cruise' someday. :)

Dave,

WOW! 500 in 8 weeks!

I found this site in July and I've become addicted also. I love it and can't go more than a couple of days without checking in. I hestitate to reply sometimes when I want to jump in--this is all so new to me and I see all the established links that have been formed between everyone.... After seeing how involved you've become, I plan to hesitate less.

Bravo,Dave!:D

I found this site in July and I've become addicted also. I love it and can't go more than a couple of days without checking in. I hestitate to reply sometimes when I want to jump in--this is all so new to me and I see all the established links that have been formed between everyone.... After seeing how involved you've become, I plan to hesitate less.

Bravo,Dave!:D

Once in a while I do put my foot in my mouth, but it's easy enough to apologize for that. But the words you don't say are much harder to correct. Jump in, early and often! :)

-dave

The saddest words

Of tongue or pen

Are these four words:

"It might have been."

-Neil Young

Cruznon (and everyone).....why hesitate about posting? We want to hear from as many folks as we can. We want to hear your opinion, your favorite things about cruising and least favorite. The more who contribute, the more fun it is for everyone.

Follow Dave's example.......afterall, he admitted he's having fun!!! :)

Once in a while I do put my foot in my mouth, but it's easy enough to apologize for that. But the words you don't say are much harder to correct. Jump in, early and often! :)

The saddest words

Of tongue or pen

Are these four words:

"It might have been."

-Neil Young

Hi Dave,

Isn't it, 'Of all sad words of tounge or pen the saddest are these 'It might have been.' I thought it was by John Greenleaf Whittier.

And is that the Neil Young of Crosby.......................................

Take care,

Pat. ....Don't get me confused, sometimes I don't know my left from my right.

Hi Dave,

Isn't it, 'Of all sad words of tounge or pen the saddest are these 'It might have been.' I thought it was by John Greenleaf Whittier.

And is that the Neil Young of Crosby.......................................

Take care,

Pat. ....Don't get me confused, sometimes I don't know my left from my right.

Yep, Whittier wrote the original But Young (of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young) used it in a song called, oddly enough, "It might have been".

Left and right are easy. Walk into the Rotterdam dining room. Let your steward seat you. The fork is on the left, the knife is on the right. See how easy that is? :)

-dave

Left and right are easy. Walk into the Rotterdam dining room. Let your steward seat you. The fork is on the left, the knife is on the right. See how easy that is? :)

-dave

HAL supplies forks and knives? This cruise line is classy.;)

HAL supplies forks and knives? This cruise line is classy.;)
I do understand, though, that they inventory your table after you leave and charge any missing silverware to your cabin...

I'm only joking! :rolleyes:

I hope.:eek:

-dave

Archived