Hotels used by Holland America

Cruiser Nonna

I have researched and read and do not see where the hotels that Holland America uses for their land tours are listed. If anyone knows and has stayed and would share their thoughts about the accommodations - would be greatly appreciated.

Fairbanks; Denali; Anchorage

Thank you so much for the help

I have researched and read and do not see where the hotels that Holland America uses for their land tours are listed. If anyone knows and has stayed and would share their thoughts about the accommodations - would be greatly appreciated.

Fairbanks; Denali; Anchorage

Thank you so much for the help

On our HAL Alaska/Yukon Wilderness cruisetour in Aug '07, we stayed at Westmarks in Whitehorse, Dawson City, Tok, & Fairbanks. At Denali we stayed at the McKinley Chalet Resort. In Anchorage they put us at the Hilton.

All the hotels were very nice. Even in the remote, Tok, it was more like a motel, but still very nice, clean, lots of space, and kind of rustic feeling.

The Westmark in Fairbanks is actually suites, so verrrry nice. The Chalet Resort at Denali was like having your own cabin in the woods. They are like duplexes, but once inside you have a living room, bedroom and bathroom, so it was like a small cabin. And of course the Hilton in Anchorage was absolutely beautiful, you can't go wrong with a Hilton. All of the hotels are on the Internet if you do a search, they look just like the photos.

I had read on this board that the hotels weren't great in Alaska, and not to expect the Hilton in Alaska to be like a Hilton in New York. Well, I have to disagree with that statement, I found the Hilton in Anchorage to be absolutely up to the standards of any other Hilton I've been in.

You have no worries as far as lodging goes. Have a great trip!

Archived