Help!! Missing The Boat!

lafayettedvm

we were scheduled to be on sensation this afternoon; however, the flight through atlanta was cancelled. no other airline can get us there before this ship leaves. delta said they can not get us to bahamas to meet boat. any suggestions?

they knew the flight was going to be cancelled since last night because they last plane never came in last night. no one in line was notified. everyone was told that the flight was till on upto one hour before scheduled departure time.

Someone is jerking your chain big time. if you can't find a lfight out of Atlanta to Orlando then you really have a huge problem.

Have you checked the weather recently? If I'm not mistaken they just got a good bit of snow/ice.

where are you now and what airline did you book with? You mention delta, so you should have some other options with other carriers assuming the airport you are flying from has more than just one carrier and they're legacy carriers such as America, Northwest or US Airways.

Post your departure city and I can look up some information for you. Call the national reservation line of the airline your on, if you don't like the vibe you get from the CSR call someone else. They can put you in first class at 'their cost' as well, if there are no coach seats left. Tell them you read it in the conditions of carriage that you found on the internet, its in there.

Try alt airports as well. It will cost you more, but you can fly to MIA, FLL, or WPB and still catch the ship.

Try to talk your way into alternative routings through other cities, not just ATL...you only have 8 more hours before you miss the boat, so you'll need to act fast.

Someone is jerking your chain big time. if you can't find a lfight out of Atlanta to Orlando then you really have a huge problem.

Problem is getting a flight that lands in Orlando by 2 - 2:30 PM

Just looked it up on a flight search and Air Tran via Memphis, TN only problem is the flight leaves at 9:25 and is around $600.

Plus if flights are being canceled no telling what is still open.

To the OP: Best bet is if you have insurance is to call them as well.

I didn't realize that you were going to MCO, the alt airports in that siuation could be Tampa and/or St Pete. It would be an hour's ride in the best situation, with traffic it could be double that...you could rent a car and eat the one way fee...again, more money out of your pocket...Daytona Beach would be even closer if you're sailing from the cape. If operations are shut down in Atlanta the important thing will be routing your travel around that spot. Since your limited by time, a drastic move like backtracking to Chicago or Dallas and then back to flordia, probably is not an option, so its going to be tough.

It's a little late but could you not have driven to New Orleans and got a flight into Orlando in time to make your cruise? Someone at Delta should be looking for a new job by noon in my opinion. Seems as though no effort was made on their part to accomodate their customers.

If you are at ATL AirTran has a flight into Daytona Beach, FL that departs at 10:15.

Another flight into Orland that lands at 2:35 (Departs 1:12)

Best bet is to use a flight search engine like "What planets do around the sun" and pick the Search nearby airports for MCO.

660 miles from Atlanta Airport to Miami Airport...... driving is out of the question. Alternate option would be to catch the ship at the first port.

Although I'd try other carriers....put pricing aside and deal with it after your vacation. Sure, it will be more expensive, but concentrate on making the ship.

I live in the Atlanta area and while we had a little snow and ice last night by the time I went to bed around 10pm it had all turned to rain. I don't know why they would cancel flights going south today.

Is there any way the OP could drive from their house to the port?

Terri

we tried all airlines for houston new orleans and our local regional airport/lines. no flight before 545 today. carnival is great. they are trying to switch ships for us. we can be to the port in new orleans in 2.5 hours and catch a the fantasy. its a day longer, and dw will have to get someone to fill in.

typing while carnival working on it. they just said they would transfer everything to fantasy. carnival is awesome!!

air through delta. they are giving us the biggest around.

get this....we were booked inside...they gave us an ocean view on the fantasy for no additional charge. how great is that?

WOW! That's great! Thanks for coming back and filling us in!!!!!

Have a great time on the Fantasy.

There is a Cruise Critic member (Robert) that is a Carnival Rep at the New Orleans port. I know he will be glad to help out if you need anything else once you get there.

Have a wonderful cruise!!

It seems that the OP's problem has been solved by Carnival, not the airline.

Looks like the original problem was getting out of Lafayette. I have been there, and there aren't many flights out. Of course, if the OP was still looking to get to Port Canaveral, the airports in the area would be MCO, MLB, Daytona Beach, and the other Orlando airports if they are still in use by commercial airlines.

It seems that the OP's problem has been solved by Carnival, not the airline.

Looks like the original problem was getting out of Lafayette. I have been there, and there aren't many flights out. Of course, if the OP was still looking to get to Port Canaveral, the airports in the area would be MCO, MLB, Daytona Beach, and the other Orlando airports if they are still in use by commercial airlines.

Yes. Carnival transferred them over to the Fantasy (which they can drive to) instead of the Sensation...which they can't fly to (due to weather in Atlanta...I think)

Good job Carnival!!

:cool: :cool: I have nothing to contribute or help out with, I just want to say how awesome everyone is in trying to help out a fellow cruiser, Sounds like things are going to work out for them, with thanks to the bunch of you with suggestions. I know where to go if I ever need help.:cool: :cool:

Archived