I'm having trouble choosing my cruise

Jenna1983

next year.

Well, I'm not. It's my brother's friends and my brother being difficult.

We're looking at the Liberty to Ocho Rios, Cozumel & Grand Cayman. However, brother is saying, "No, no, no three ports isn't enough." I don't want to do Valor again because it would not allow my mother and me to do the seven day cruise on Splendor the following week.

Will we really notice a difference if we do a three port stop rather than four? As far as I am concerned, Roatan was a wasted port. We got off for about an hour and got back on the ship.

:confused:

I just did the Liberty 8 night cruise with five ports. I thought San Juan was a waste. I know Liberty and Freedom are switching itins/ports, so we'd be sailing Liberty to Ocho Rios, Coz & Grand Cayman. It's fine with me. I've never been in Coz late enough to experience any "night" activity" like Carlos 'n Charlies. So that would be fun (Senor Frogs in San Juan was lame...the ship had stronger drinks!).

I want to definitely do Splendor before it heads out west, which is what I plan to do the week after the first cruise. It has San Juan, but three other "beach" stops.

Roatan was my favorite port so far, did you go over to West End, Its really beautiful. Take a tour and get away from the port area, buy some coffee, go see the interior.

3 ports to me was plenty, i like the quieter sea day when the dining room is open and everyone sits around the pool.

... brother is saying, "No, no, no three ports isn't enough."...

i think it's fine, but then again, i enjoy sea days. so, it's hard to advise on this. it is a personal thing.

...As far as I am concerned, Roatan was a wasted port...

:eek: i'll be visiting it for the first time next year and was rather looking forward to it. (there are only so many times one can go to san juan, nassau, st. thomas, etc)

Roatan was my favorite port so far, did you go over to West End, Its really beautiful. Take a tour and get away from the port area, buy some coffee, go see the interior...

ahhhh. i like this report much better, lol.:D

I didn't go to West End because it was pouring rain. When it finally stopped it was like 1:30-2 pm. The taxi driver wanted $25 a person to take us to the beach. We said, "$100 for 3 hours is not worth it."

I just did the eastern Caribbean for the first time. I think I like it more than the western, which is why my mom and I want to do it sans anyone else. Because they'll just complain! I'm worried that I'll have cruise overkill if I do 14 days of cruising.

If I were happy with the ship, dates, prices, and ports of call, I certainly wouldn't worry about only having 3 stops. Those 3 will keep you plenty busy; there is so much to see and do. Then you can kick back and relax on that extra sea day. But I LOVE sea days!!

I just did the eastern Caribbean for the first time. I think I like it more than the western, which is why my mom and I want to do it sans anyone else. Because they'll just complain! I'm worried that I'll have cruise overkill if I do 14 days of cruising.

I cannot even imagine such a disorder :)

Instead of focusing on 3 of 4 ports... consider looking at the ports and excursions for ideas of things you'd like to do and narrow it from there. I love many ports, but will chose a 3 port cruise if it offers things that I "MUST DO". It's an option. 3 great ports are better than 4 so so's.

But please seek professional help about not wanting to cruise 14 days to have both eastern and western experiences. You have a serious ailment and I'm worried about you:D

Well, it's my brother that's being difficult. It's the last "family" vacation we'll be taking before I have to worry about "Vacation days" and a full time job. So we have to be accomodating to his school schedule! I'm the older sister, so I can usually shush him. Usually!

The only thing I want to do is swim with dolphins and swim with sea lions again in St. Thomas. lol Maybe swim with stingrays too.

I cannot even imagine such a disorder :)

2nd.

Is that humanly possible?

Also, I like the sea days. Our last cruise was Valor and I would have liked to have one more sea day. Four ports is too much for me.

I have to agree that 4 ports is a little much, especially if you have shore excursions planned for all 4. All depends on whether you like gettin up early and running around alot (I am all for relaxing with cocktails from time to time!).

As far as swimming with Dolphins, we did it in Cozumel at Chankanaab and it was awesome! Very reasonable, too...only $99 and we spent close to 45 minutes in the water with the Dolphin, and got to kiss, hug and ride her. Then you have full use of the entire park for the whole day! I highly recommend it!:D

I went to Chankanaab when I did my sea lion swim in 2005 there. I don't think they do that anymore. However, I wasn't a fan of the beach there. I definitely didn't like the beach a mile or two down either. That's the one thing about the Eastern Caribbean I liked...no bad beaches!! I've yet to like a beach in Coz.

trust me three ports is fine we are doing the same port except we are on the victory . you want to have a good time and not be too worried about cash flow. if you are more interested in being off the ship than i would sat go for the more ports but if not and you like being on the ship just as much than go for the 3 ports.

Archived